Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm (2339 Views)

I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. / How To Use Whatsapp On Your X2-02 And Others / How To Destroy Lost/stolen Phone? >>>nokia<<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Joel3(m): 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
on my way home this afternoon about an hour ago.

i met this guy on my way, a market area kinda of busy place and the minute he saw me he flash a working Nokia x2 if i was interested, so i asked him how much? and he said i should hold and feel it first and that he was selling both the 2g memory card with the phone. so when i took it from him. he said N5500, so when i operate the phone i price N2500 but he then said N3500 last. after enough talking, i said 2500 is 2500. beside i brought two phones out from my pocket and shows to him, that i don't need this phone like that but if he will sell 2500 i will buy. although i was thinking about using my atm card to withdraw some money so that i can price more seeing that there was ATM machine very close there but something just tell me no, not to bother with that.

to cut the story short, he then said i should bring the 2500 but when i check my pocket the money was just 2150 in there, so i said to him i only have free 2000 with me here, the rest is for my transport . so i left him. on my way going he run to me and insisted i add something to it. but i said, i told you before that i don't have anymore with me. so he said i should bring the 2000 slowly on on his hand like we are not doing anything so that people don't understand, he then said there might be police around. so i start suspecting him,i then ask for the receipt of the phone he start to laugh saying there is no receipt, receipt for nokia x2?, so i was like how you sure there is no problem with this phone and he said not at all. i then give him the money and he gave me the eba phone and told me to put it inside my pocket and i did.

but on my way going . i then remember of the memory card, so i wanted to check if the memory was inside the phone as i open the back of the phone "be hold". it was molded with eba. when i look back in search for the guy he was no where to be found. kinda of magic an d so fast

i am very sad right now. the money is not that much but the fact i know of this apku phones thing and still fall for this make me want to hate myself. i have never seen this yet in Benin but in Lagos. kinda of new here though. i guess thats why it happen i would have been more conscious if in lagos.

danmmmm

Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Youngpo413: 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
Haven`t heard of this before,thanks anyway,I `ve learnt a lesson or two.
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by temisukanmi(f): 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
Awwwwwwwww!!! So pathetic. †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ guy played a fast one on you, but ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ shud have suspected a fowl play.. From what you said, its so very obvious he was up to something.. Bros take hrt, its just 2k.. Lolz
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by krugar07(m): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
i cant see any picture of the phone. upload
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
grin grin grin

@OP: You be Ode sha... tongue
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by BigBelleControl(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
I can't believe people still buy eba and blocks as fone anywhere in this 2013?
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Joel3(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
Judinho59: You operated the phone and it later turned to Eba? That's .....weird.
wat happen was that he swap the fake from the original. just same color
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Femistico(m): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
he has changed d fone to eba immediately u turned ur back to him before he ran after u to bring d 2k...
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by nani667: 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
the OP should have posted a picture of the phone let's see na.....
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by mascot87(m): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
[b]I had a similar experience about 3 to 4 years ago. lolz,it was so funny.I went to computer village just to buy a phone.When I got their, I saw this guy flashing me a Nokia phone(I have forgotten the model but it was black).He said I should check the phone that it doesn't cost much, I asked him how much is he willing to sell it and he said #7500,I negotiated and I told him I have only #3500.He said I should test the phone and make sure it is working perfectly.I did as he said and the phone was working well and I was happy thinking I will have a very good phone for such a cheap price(ole).I remembered I had an experience a yr early at oshodi when I paid for a phone that was supposed to go for #15k just for #4k and the guy after I have paid called another guy and gave him the phone I was supposed to be given and absconded,I accosted the guy but he told me that I did not pay to him that I should go and look for the guy that I paid to. I saw a soldier around the scene and reported to him but he saidI should go and sort myself out but before I turned round,the guy is also gone with the phone.I remembered what happened that day and I explained to the guy at computer village and that I would not want such to repeat itself so he said I should call a bike and that he will give me the phone on the bike and I should keep it in my pocket before paying him the #4k.We did exactly as he suggested,I called bike,collected d phone without checking it,put it in my pocket, gave him the money and I told the bike man to move immediately(mumu me).But I looked back at the guy while the bike was moving,he was smiling.I was thinking, why is he smiling.I immediately enter a bus going to Sango,I did not bother to check d phone until d bus was in transit and behold I brought out the phone and I marveled at what I saw, the phone was loaded with fufu and all the openings where covered with black nylon bag.I laughed and saw my self duped.I know realized why d guy was smiling.[/b]
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by laplace19(m): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
You acted like a non-JOEL.

My name is Joel,and I can't fall to that.... grin
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Joel3(m): 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
pictures

Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by benzion72(m): 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
You can still track him down, always be on the look out in that area and you will catch him red handed
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by nani667: 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
okay...so I'm confused... was it only the battery that was molded or the entire phone was molded EBA....?
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by 2NDACCT(f): 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
smiley

cry

Sorry
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by psalmdave(m): 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
Take heart Op,such little things they do hunt them in the future but they will have no idea by then....I don learn something atleast
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Lawalmd(m): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
lwkm op sorry ehn I was once a victim of the eba phone scam back in the days bottom line is don't trade with street hustlers
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Osyxcel(m): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
Sorry o shocked shocked

LMAO grin grin Op think say him don jam awuf, but na bobo cheesy cheesy

Now Playing: Carrie Underwood - Lessons Learned.
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by physise(m): 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
LMAO
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by seunlayi(m): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
you jump enter one chance. sorry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
Holy Mother of Beverly Osu shocked shocked

This guy is a serious learner. Dude, you should be lucky it's just #2k. Imagine say na phone wey cost...HABATICALLY grin

But seriously, everyone should know that dealing with a guy on phone and laptop business without a store is synonymous to fraud.
Well, something tells me you knew. You just wanted to give the guy the benefit of doubt (which is stupid)
Now, you charity grin
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by femi4: 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
It is popularly called fufu phone in computer village lagos.
They usually load the back of the phone with fufu, eba or candle wax.
After testing the phone for you, just when you r about counting your money to pay him, the exchange of the good phone for the fufu phone would have taken place in about 3secs. After, you must have paid, he will instruct you not to check it immediately because of police( you ll naturally fall for it since the phone was tested before you and you are paying ridiculous amount for it)

My submission:

*Never patronize tout

*Never buy phones in traffic

*Never buy phones/electronic gadjets from people that doesn't have shop
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
You know sharp at all. Them no scam u 4 lagos na benin dem come dey scam you
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
Op, u be dullakpo!!!
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Joel3(m): 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
ULSHERLAN: You know sharp at all. Them no scam u 4 lagos na benin dem come dey scam you
you can say that again. but you dont know me
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Hopez456(m): 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
Same happend 2 me nd my frnd at Alaba int'l mrket 4 yrs ago. D guy was standing in frnt of shops, cald us nd told us he has got a fone 4sale, he showd us d fone, hot nokia fone den cant rmemba d model. In short, my frnd paid hm nd gave us d fone nd told us to leav dat area immediatly cos of taskforce, after sum distanc we discvd d fone was loadd wit fufu.
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by shawrygal(f): 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
@op, same thing happened to my cousin at Ikorodu garage two years ago. He paid 2000 to get a bb phone(ole), he was given B-29 soap instead. The guy wrapped the original bb with handkerchief so he also did the same to the one he gave him which turns out to be B-29 soap when he got home. Lol
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Warlord3000(m): 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
When somethings sounds and looks too good to be true..

Then its probably too good to be true

WORD!!!!...
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 19, 2013
i my d only one thinking , u can still sell the parts of tht phone... or is d whole phone made of eba
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by IAMBREEZY: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2013
U don fall mugu
Re: I Bought Eba Phone Nokia X2, Hahaha That Was Crazy. Danmm by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 19, 2013
grin grin grin @op and the other reply u got my ribs cracking, icant believe how they told u to enter bike and run and u believed and the juju fell on you, mehn i have met so many nairalanders and some were waybill they gave me large sum of money, but mehn i don't have such heart

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Skip Advert Links and Survey Links Such As adfly / Very Hot Glo 3gig On Android At 1k / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.