Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures (27482 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / Enugu Airport Flood Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ikeyman00(m): 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
^^^ and does that applies to Tinubu?
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by cashkid18(m): 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ile-Ife:

[size=19pt]If madame shepopo(GEJ) likes, let her replace Oduah with the Obi of Onitcha. If he steals, he'll go. simple[/size]
udo nah,bt non of ur kinsmen wil b there for nw
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
cashkid18: udo nah,bt non of ur kinsmen wil b there for nw
LoL... Guy u wicked o... Wetin u want try talk na say Yoruba ppl no get sense...lol

4 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by cashkid18(m): 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
lygn19:
LoL... Guy u wicked o... Wetin u want try talk na say Yoruba ppl no get sense...lol
grin grin..no b me talk dt one
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by IleIfe2(m): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
lygn19:
LoL... That wud make sense o, Ojukwu Aviation minister, he wud break world record.

he might know a little about aviation. Abidjan things grin grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/789775_Ojukwu_getting_ready_to_run_jpg967aeb75e390ca75377ad019b3c9fae5

4 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by IleIfe2(m): 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
cashkid18: udo nah,bt non of ur kinsmen wil b there for nw

When you get criticised, it becomes tribal but I hope you lose a family member to oduah's "act of God". grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by cashkid18(m): 5:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ile-Ife:

When you get criticised, it becomes tribal but I hope you lose a family member to oduah's "act of God". grin grin grin grin grin
O
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by collynzo2(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
iterator25: Fine airport, ugly environs sad
Enugu ugly? You are having a laugh!
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by africapunch: 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
Keep the good work! smiley
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by cashkid18(m): 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
n dis thread finally makes it to d fp shocked,thumps up to d mod dt did d job cool 8
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by passion007: 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
cjrane: [size=18pt]12 Other Airports around the country are being remodeled and modernized right now as we speak!

Those that hate Nigeria's development should go and hug a wet transformer after a heavy rainfall!
[/size]

GIDIGBAM!

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Ewarrior: 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
ujoinme:

Safety is a process and like all processes it is dynamic! FACTS the nigerian Airspace under the current minister has experienced the most advances in upgrade of its airspace safety equipment:
1)For the first time the nigerian airspace has total radar coverage thats working TRACON.
2)We now have a functional weather reporting/monitoring station in nigeria which gives real time weather information to transport industry thereby ensuring safety.
3) For the first time in recent times all airports now have state of the arts communication systems that enable pilots to communicate with towers/control base, before the present minister GSM phones were used for this communications.
4) For the first time in the history of Nigeria we Have an aviation lab that is capable to decoding the Blackbox recording after crashes and exercise that before now was usually taken abroad and it will take months to have the recording decoded. This saves us valuable time such that when the cause of the crash is discovered it will help to improve standards to prevent future crash.
Besides the upgrades of the airport facilitates/remodelling which also on its own adds to safety as we now have efficient screening devises at the airport to ensure deterrent to nefarious characters, this present aviation minister has done more to secure/ ensure safety of the nigerian airspace than any other minister of aviation in recent times.

unfortunately, there has been two fatal plane crashes under her watch, which means that a lot still needs to be done to secure our airspace and hence the safety process must continue.

we as nigerians should seperate political witch hunting that the present minister is currently undergoing from the facts on grounds about her performance as an aviation minister which has been unequivocally stellar. and stop trivializing her performance as mere beautification of airports when in fact she has done far more!

However, I do agree that the process of air safety in Nigeria needs more oomph.

Look.. All wot u av listed is just attending to one half of d problem and leaving d oda half to decay,

Whether u have total radar coverage of the whole world sef if a plane is not fit to fly, it will eventually crash..

Let me tell u, 90 percent of all d aircraft used by our local airline operators are not fit to fly,it is only by the grace of God dat we don't record crashes daily..

Common sense should let d minister know dat as she is remodelling airports and installing safety equipment, she should also make sure dat planes should be inspected on a regular basis, erring operators be sanctioned and faulty planes be grounded. But it seems common sense is very uncommon in dis FRESH AIR ERA..

Don't even get me started on the issue of flight delays, flight cancellations and attitude of airport officials
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Enice(m): 5:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
This is like concentrating more on the bones and ignoring the meat. An airport without good aviation equipment is like a hotel.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Naero(m): 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
what's the cause of all these ethnic bias? if the airport is being remodelled, congratulations!!!!
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by nrdgeek: 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
Any form of progress is welcome, whether beautification or safety they're all better than stagnation (but yes, safety is most important).

Good job.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by donpope1(m): 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
iterator25: are you saying embezzlement is allowed So far you can deliver?
. Yes, must it be different from what we are seeing in Lagos state.....
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by asoebi(m): 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
The Airport is beautiful and well designed, but the Insult and Tribalism is uncalled for.
"Yoruba" did not build the Airport rather it was the past Administration that built it. Moreover the Airport might be of Standard when it was built but was only looking deformed due to many factors of which maintenance might even be one of them besides the world has advanced from what it used to be.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by patriotic007: 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
GEJ is working no matter the tribe of the minister that executed his orders,...GEJ u are sure of my polling unit in 2015 fortunately for u sir i hav an influence on the votes in my unit some blocks away from my house,...be rest assured of that sir.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by BabaEleko(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
This one wey resemble bus station for China SMH
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Excel4eva: 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
lygn19:
Ekwensu ihea mere gi nu uwa,
Ihea mere gi,
Na gi na ndoti gi,
Ihea mere gi...
Just singing.

Dont mind them. their hatred cannot stop d progress of igboland.

3 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by slimfit1(m): 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
Please what is the point of building big building airport with out reasonable business to do in the state.
Nice looking airport. This is like a woman going for cosmetic surgery when she has cancer.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
Iyaf tire for nairaland ooo... I opened this thread hoping to see an airport only for me to see it's been hijacked by tribalists. Two useless attention seeking tribes.

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by danny301: 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
It is a good thing to upgrade the airport but why is somebody posting those picture at a time that Nigerians are calling for the investigation of the Minister of Aviation?... I hope this is not another form of blackmail.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by manny4life(m): 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
slim fit :
Please what is the point of building big building airport with out reasonable business to do in the state.
Nice looking airport. This is like a woman going for cosmetic surgery when she has cancer.

What nansense are you talking about?

What makes sense to you?

A) Travel to Lagos which is about 300miles or more from the East depending where you coming from

OR

B) Travel to Enugu which is 1/4 the trip from most SE states...

Do the math and then tell me if what you wrote makes any sense.
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Hearme(m): 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
Good direction. Things can still be better. So we can begin to compare our airports with those in developed countries. Lets bring back the national carrier in a privatize form. Turkish airlines has more than 150 planes for travels around the world aside their domestic planes.

lets do it one after the other. My take is that social has made some people to sit up to work. Imagine having the internet to access information 40years ago. We might most likely not be were we are today. We can now post information for millions of people around the word to access. I think that's why it looks as if Mr president is the most criticized president in Nigeria. Because majority now have access to information.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Danfo Wreckage From The Trailer That Fell From Ojuelegba Bridge (photos) / Lagos Airport "Cracked Pillar": Bi-Courtney Reacts, Calls It An Expansion Joint / His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.