Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures (27458 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / Enugu Airport Flood Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ujoinme: 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
It is a known fact that Nigeria’s airports have suffered untold neglect and decay over 15 years with successive ministers making policy statements on what to do to revive them.

However, some of them are beginning to wear new looks due to the ongoing remodeling projects which some stakeholders have describe as a significant step towards reviving airport infrastructure, as a way of efforts at making them at par with what obtains globally.

Balarabe Usman, a retired pilot who led a group of aviation professionals known as Stakeholders’ Square Table, said they took a critical look at development in the sector, at the end of an executive session, and noted that the country’s airports, which had suffered infrastructural decay in the past, “had suddenly turned into construction sites, due to the ongoing airport remodelling projects, designed to modernise Nigerian airports, in line with existing international standards and practices.” Balarabe, who was a pioneer aviation security staff of the

Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and its first Director of Aviation Security Services, noted that “the airport remodelling project is the second most significant airport development project of the country so far after the Aerodrome Development Programme of the mid-1970s that led to the creation of the then Nigerian Airports Authority, the precursor of FAAN. Usman identified the remodeling of airport terminals across the nation of which four (Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Benin) have been commissioned, as a “good way of injecting fresh breath into the system.

“We are in a path to strengthening aviation sector and giving sighs of relief to travellers after some years, all these, including the plan to create designated terminals for perishable and non-perishable cargo are what will drive fruitful investment for the sector,” he said.

Meanwhile, Aviation Round Table (ART), a non-governmental organisation has called on government to provide necessary facilities at airports in a bid to prepare it for security audit by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).

Dele Ore, president of the group noted that over the years, no Nigerian airport has been certified by ICAO adding that it behooves on government to make available necessary facilities that will give Nigeria the edge that is needed to pass the audit as the officials prepare to carry out another one.
http://www.atqnews.com/index.php/archives/394-asega-s-escape-chimp-escape-in-uganda

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ujoinme: 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
more

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ujoinme: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
enugu airport

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
And look at the trash some yoruba BIGOTS built for us as an airport. God wud judge dem to there every deeds.

13 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by peleson: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nice but does not look remodelled to me. It is just a wanna be fine airport .

2 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ujoinme: 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
for those who are notsatisfied with the state of the remodelled airport please bear in mind that new international terminal is presently under construction at the airport and will be constructed to meet all international standards.

5 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
ujoinme: for those who are notsatisfied with the state of the remodelled airport please bear in mind that new international terminal is presently under construction at the airport and will be constructed to meet all international standards.
GEJ 2015

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by mistamexzy(m): 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
Booked
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
ujoinme: for those who are notsatisfied with the state of the remodelled airport please bear in mind that new international terminal is presently under construction at the airport and will be constructed to meet all international standards.
That's why some saboteurs are fighting tooth and nail to make sure it doesnt come to fruition!
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Olaolufred(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
I THINK IT IS BETTER TO KEEP REMODELLING WHILE PLANE KEEPS DROPING FROM THE SKY.
I FEEL FOR ALL VICTIMS OF MISPLACED PRIORITY OF THE FG. GIVING FACE VALUE WHEN INSIDE IS TERRIBLY DECAYED.

13 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Olaolufred: I THINK IT IS BETTER TO KEEP REMODELLING WHILE PLANE KEEPS DROPING FROM THE SKY.
I FEEL FOR ALL VICTIMS OF MISPLACED PRIORITY OF THE FG. GIVING FACE VALUE WHEN INSIDE IS TERRIBLY DECAYED.

That's y we want d aviation minister to shut down Lagos airport d decay in d airport is too much, so they need to shut it down to avoid further crashes like Agagu's case

32 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by iterator25: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
Fine airport, ugly environs sad

5 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by theshadyexpress(m): 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
Olaolufred: I THINK IT IS BETTER TO KEEP REMODELLING WHILE PLANE KEEPS DROPING FROM THE SKY.

I also think its better you stay mute than pollute this thread with your hate philosophy
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Olaolufred(m): 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
lygn19:
That's y we want d aviation minister to shut down Lagos airport d decay in d airport is too much, so they need to shut it down to avoid further crashes like Agagu's case

IF CLOSING IT WILL STOP 5 CRASHES IN 18 MONTHS WHY NOT?

MAY BE YOU MEAN, STATE OF EMERGENCY IN OUR AVIATION SECTOR.

OK.

2 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Olaolufred(m): 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
theshadyexpress:
I also think its better you stay mute than pollute this thread with your hate philosophy

YOU ARE ACTUALLY WRONG.
EVERY HUMAN HAS RIGHT TO HIS VIEWS AS YOU DO.
IF ONLY YOU WERE IN THE WORLD, IT WILL BE BORING TO YOU.
LEARN TO SEE THAT WHILE REMODELLING IS NOT BAD, SAFETY IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT.
I WAS IN JOMO KENYATTA AIRPORT IN KENYA AND SOME OTHERS IN EAST AFRICA.
IT IS SAFETY FIRST, THEN FOLLOWED BY AESTHETICS.
TAKE CARE AS YOU KEEP FIGHTING THIS TRUTH.

6 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Olaolufred:

IF CLOSING IT WILL STOP 5 CRASHES IN 18 MONTHS WHY NOT?
I hope when it happens some 3old fools from d west won't run to the press and start drowling at d camera.

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by cashkid18(m): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
and sum pple ar doin everytin possible to sack a workin minister jst bcuz of her ethinicity..God is watchin them in 3D

4 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
Olaolufred:

SO FAR 5 AIRCRAFTS STOPPED DROPING IN 1.5 YEARS.

IT IS ABOUT PROVIDING SOLUTION. NOT ABOUT WHAT SOMONE WILL SAY.
Ok,,,Ayaf hear'''
Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ThankGodEdeh(m): 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
Up Stella Oduah, Up Gej. Continuity is our desire, carry go till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by Olaolufred(m): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
lygn19:
Ok,,,Ayaf hear'''

THANKS FRIEND.

I LOST MONEY AND PROPERTY TO DANA MISHAP.
I ONLY DID NOT LOSE HUMAN BEING.

IMAGINE THE ANYENE FAMILY WHOSE VISIT TO THEIR MOTHERLAND STARTED IN THE AIR TO GRAVE.

A WHOLE FAMILY WITH 4 BEAUTIFUL KIDS.

2 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by cjrane: 3:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
lygn19:
GEJ 2015

Murtala Mohammed Intl. Airport

2 Likes

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by cjrane: 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
lygn19:
GEJ 2015

Mallam Aminu Kano Intl. Airport

Re: Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures by ujoinme: 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOU ARE ACTUALLY WRONG.
EVERY HUMAN HAS RIGHT TO HIS VIEWS AS YOU DO.
IF ONLY YOU WERE IN THE WORLD, IT WILL BE BORING TO YOU.
LEARN TO SEE THAT WHILE REMODELLING IS NOT BAD, SAFETY IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT.
I WAS IN JOMO KENYATTA AIRPORT IN KENYA AND SOME OTHERS IN EAST AFRICA.
IT IS SAFETY FIRST, THEN FOLLOWED BY AESTHETICS.
TAKE CARE AS YOU KEEP FIGHTING THIS TRUTH.

Safety is a process and like all processes it is dynamic! FACTS the nigerian Airspace under the current minister has experienced the most advances in upgrade of its airspace safety equipment:
1)For the first time the nigerian airspace has total radar coverage thats working TRACON.
2)We now have a functional weather reporting/monitoring station in nigeria which gives real time weather information to transport industry thereby ensuring safety.
3) For the first time in recent times all airports now have state of the arts communication systems that enable pilots to communicate with towers/control base, before the present minister GSM phones were used for this communications.
4) For the first time in the history of Nigeria we Have an aviation lab that is capable to decoding the Blackbox recording after crashes and exercise that before now was usually taken abroad and it will take months to have the recording decoded. This saves us valuable time such that when the cause of the crash is discovered it will help to improve standards to prevent future crash.
Besides the upgrades of the airport facilitates/remodelling which also on its own adds to safety as we now have efficient screening devises at the airport to ensure deterrent to nefarious characters, this present aviation minister has done more to secure/ ensure safety of the nigerian airspace than any other minister of aviation in recent times.

unfortunately, there has been two fatal plane crashes under her watch, which means that a lot still needs to be done to secure our airspace and hence the safety process must continue.

we as nigerians should seperate political witch hunting that the present minister is currently undergoing from the facts on grounds about her performance as an aviation minister which has been unequivocally stellar. and stop trivializing her performance as mere beautification of airports when in fact she has done far more!

However, I do agree that the process of air safety in Nigeria needs more oomph.

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From The Lagos-Ibadan Train / The Danfo Wreckage From The Trailer That Fell From Ojuelegba Bridge (photos) / A Trip To Ogbunike Cave, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.