Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? (1335 Views)

Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? / Can Minorities Be Racist? / Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? by bebure(m): 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2008
I just found out about this black preacher Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson. The guy is thankful for slavery and apparently hates blacks in general. He has compared the transatlantic slave journey to being in economy class on a plane. Anyway, I just want to know if anyone of you agrees with his point of view on slavery in this clip:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RQQGaXAepOw

HE COMES ON AT 1:35 SO YOU CAN SKIP TO THAT POINT.

I hope we can all have a meaningful dialogue about the Reverend's (if you can call him that) comments.
Re: Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? by redsun(m): 5:38am On Jul 06, 2008
It is like running away from one's shadow.Ignorance brings strifes.People can't solve a problem they don't understand,it is not about being african black,american black,carribbean black,europe black,or even white,it is about you.What do you say?
Re: Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? by redsun(m): 6:06am On Jul 06, 2008
I just watched the video and it is mind blowing to hear that coming from a black man,africa must very horrible for a blackman to choose the ills of slavery rather than being left in africa. And to a great extent is true,africa is the most backward continent in the world,there is no form of intelligence,no creativity,no self sufficiency,no organizations,no monuments,no indigenous architecture,no religion,no original innovations of kind,it is like no civilization.

Like a sore in the eyes of the world,we got to live up for people to want to be like us.

The reverend himself is lost,he lives in a virtual world,but that is his world,it makes sense to him.However,fox news is licensed KKK on air
Re: Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? by redsun(m): 6:45am On Jul 06, 2008
I don't think a station like fox news can be licensed in europe,unless the time of nazi germany.It just amazes me what can allowed in america sometimes,you have shops selling racist and fascist regalia,symbols and books,gun shops selling to every privates and harry,right wing mainsream radio and tv stations preaching hates and oppression,and these are well paid suppose responsible humans in the society,so-called celebrities, murdorch,bill o'reilly.don amus and all them murderfuckers,as well as the black puppets,the uncle toms,talking like zombies.A very Hypocritical society.
Re: Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? by bebure(m): 10:42am On Jul 06, 2008
There is fox news in the UK on sky channel 510. Anyway, I agree with you on the fact that Fox news can be very very reacist. Most of the reporters make me cringe. And then they go on to say that they are fair and balanced. Just look at the coverage of Obama during this election season and unles your IQ is sub-standard, it is very obvious that they are a racist network, with Hannity being at the top of the chain of course. When Obama won the democratic nomination last month he shared a fist bump with his wife, Michelle and one E.D. Hill had the audacity to call it "a terrorist fist jab". and then you have O'Reilly saying he was surprised to see black people behaving properly. All of this is proof that Fox news is racist against blacks but when you have a black men coming in to support theie silly beliefs, that just takes the cake.

While Africa has it's problems (a lot of them), from the tone of your posts it seems all you know about Africa is what  you see on CNN or National Geographic. I don't feel it is okay for you to just write off the whole continent. As I said Africa has had and still has its fair share of problems but you make it seem as though it was one big village with mud huts scattered around. How can you say there is no form of intelligence on the continent? It is not a planet like mars where scientists are trying to find proof of life , it is a continent with many, many hardworking and intelligent people. By saying there is no form of intelligence you are in effect dissing yourself (supposing you're African). I think the major reason why many African countries fail to develop properly is due to bad leadership and not the people. I can think of so many private citizens right now that would do a better job in Nigeria than all the past administrations we have had.
Re: Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2008
he sounds quite dull and unintelligent. . .
the last time i checked. there are several non-african countries that have surpassed their 5 yearly quota for US immigration, and no african country has done that.
Philippines, India, China, mexico, several Arab nations, some eastern European nations, south east asian nations. their citizens are trying hard to get into the US. I guess they should be wishing for slavery too.
African nations aren't the only countries with suffering and strife.
Re: Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? by EXPONENT(m): 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2008
NO!

Amerikka controls the MEDIA.

thus, it show africans nations how - primitive they "allegedly" are.

Trust and believe that same MEDIA works here in America on its poor daily showing them how backwards and primitive they are too.
Re: Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? by redsun(m): 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2008
Of course we live in a big brother world,government-media conspiracies and manipulations,where lies can become truth,but reality still stands out.Africa is in an unprecedented mess that is not main to be,no excuse but lack of intelligence,rather unused intelligence can justify that situation,a situation where humans find it normal to live in filth,lacks and wants, children uncared,catered or plan for ,basic human infrastructure in jeopardy,pot-holes and mud filled roads,power shortages and blackouts,sparsely located descent houses and streets for the lucky and in most cases,the corrupt and lazy few,no organized uniformed streets,towns and cities structures and plans,no technological goals and endeavours,no engineering feats,all our roads and construction projects are undertaken by the germans,italians,jews,now the chinese,meanwhile we have universities that produces engineers year in year out.

No,we are too too young to learn,when the race is almost over,at least it is over for you,you have just a life time.Take your time to study rats and see how resourceful and ingenious they are.Species are main to evolve with decency,intelligence is about resourcefulness.
Re: Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? by redsun(m): 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2008
There is more to it than see the ordinary eyes,what exist and what is,is the making and shaping of man,we might just as well make our own rules,as long as we can live with it.Our only weapon is true informations,knowledge is power.

http://freedocumentaries.org/film.php?id=87

(1) (Reply)

Pregnancy Due Date - Reason For Keeping It Secret? / YORUBA LAND...... Teach Me Yoruba / Parents,what Is Your Take On Internet Fraud By G-boys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.