Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,910 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

How To Differentiate A Genuine Custom Car Paper From Faked Custom Paper - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Differentiate A Genuine Custom Car Paper From Faked Custom Paper (1989 Views)

Which Car Can I Get In Cotonou For N450,000 And How Do I Go About Genuine Custom / Typographical Error In Custom Paper. / How To Differentiate Between Golf 2, 3 And 4. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Differentiate A Genuine Custom Car Paper From Faked Custom Paper by ziccoit: 7:30am On Oct 19, 2013
Hi car-talkers. A friend got delivery of a 1998 toyota Camry XLE a month ago from Cotonou for 750k! I told him the custom papers handed over with the car might not be genuine going by the car's landing cost. He insisted how the dealer has told him the vehicle was with genuine paper. I spoke with another friend who is a custom officer. He asked us to scan the document to him. Lo and behold, the paper was arrangee type cheesy not genuine.
Here are my questions:
1. How can one identifies a faked custom paper by mere looking at it.

2. Is it possible to make genuine a car with faked paper and how.
Re: How To Differentiate A Genuine Custom Car Paper From Faked Custom Paper by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 19, 2013
From what I've been reading and stories I've heard, most people buying cars older than 10-15 years risk being issued fake or duplicate car documents meaning the agents or anyone handling the car validation process might clear that old car with others and just register only one or two cars, and duplicate the documents to cover the other cars he is importing. Most agents or car handlers do this because of the age restriction policies on cars being imported.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have A Look At 30 Most Bizarre Car Accidents / Issues With Mercedes GL 450 And ML 350. / Changing From 20W-50 To 0W-40

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.