Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Typographical Error In Custom Paper. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Typographical Error In Custom Paper. (5491 Views)

In The Ember Months Accidents Are Caused By Human Error; Not Demons / How Can One Recover Lost Custom Paper? / My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by Sunnie7777: 9:52am On Feb 15, 2015
pls help,I got a car from a car dealer only to discover that d chassis no. on d custom paper was reversed, instead of 231999,it was written 321999.what can I do. I have called d dealer who is still insisting its a Typo. Should I be worried, will custom not gimme any problems?
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by pato405(m): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2015
don't bother your head....do they (custom/police) read ?

anyway, just to satisfy yourself, you could get a learned custom officer for a superseding cover up letter clarifying 'To whom it may concern' that the error was a typo. be sure to drop some tips.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
Vin numbers are longer than that, and contain alphabets, is probably a fake.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by buchi4action(m): 8:23am On Feb 18, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Vin numbers are longer than that, and contain alphabets, is probaly a fake.
That is the last 6 numbers of the chassis number, it is not fake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:25am On Feb 18, 2015
buchi4action:

That is the last 6 numbers of the chassis number, it is not fake

Customs check last 6 digits so what will be your exlanation?
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by lonelydora: 8:31am On Feb 18, 2015
GI and meet a senior custom officer and explain to him. Sure you will be advised accordingly. But it will come with some tips.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by Sunnie7777: 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
Thanks all, it's d last 6 digits of the vin. I will take your advice and look for senior Ccustom officer to get d cover note. I hope that will save the day. Anymore suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by vanndubi: 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
Simply go and swear an affidavit that you observed an error in your document.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by kayoday(m): 7:42am On Feb 21, 2015
Is there a way to verify Lagos cleared Custom papers?
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by z3us(m): 12:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
SEND ME THE CUSTOMS REFERENCE NUMBER(C NO) AND THE PORT OF DISCHARGE I WOULD CHK THE SYSTEM FOR YOU

1 Like

Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by kayoday(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2015
z3us:
SEND ME THE CUSTOMS REFERENCE NUMBER(C NO) AND THE PORT OF DISCHARGE I WOULD CHK THE SYSTEM FOR YOU

Thanks in anticipation

Custom reference No : 2014 C 7128
Port of discharge: Tincan Lagos
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by z3us(m): 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hello friend,the document did not show any car present,it showed a container full of spare parts.apparently he did not pay duty.the papers are fake!

2 Likes

Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by moduperola(f): 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
So sorry to barge into this thread but I happen to be in this same kind of dilemma at the moment.

I have just purchased a Honda accord sedan that was said to be imported from Asia. The custom paper reads CLX3001179 while on the engine, I can visibly read CL73001179. What can I do please to rectify this error?

Custom ref no: 2014 C2346
Port of discharge : Apapa port
I will appreciate your response please.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by kayoday(m): 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
@z3us Thank
What is the way out of this mess, I don't want the car impounded. Which custom office can I visit in Lagos to sort it out? I intend to travel with the car and I do visit Seme border as well.
The custom paper shows it was imported alone and not in a container.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by Sunnie7777: 9:27am On Feb 24, 2015
@z3us, thanks. the declaration:2013A134309, declarant:c0481rc401734. custom office -tincan island. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by z3us(m): 2:39pm On Feb 24, 2015
hello i need just the c no (customs reference )and date and port of discharge
Sunnie7777:
@z3us, thanks. the declaration:2013A134309, declarant:c0481rc401734. custom office -tincan island. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by moduperola(f): 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
I await your kind response( check) please, mr Z3us
quote author=moduperola

post=31018471]So sorry to barge into this thread but I happen to be in this same kind of dilemma at the moment.
I have just purchased a Honda accord sedan that was said to be imported from Asia. The custom paper reads CLX3001179 while on the engine, I can visibly read CL73001179. What can I do please to rectify this error?
Custom ref no: 2014 C2346
Port of discharge : Apapa port
I will appreciate your response please.
[/quote]
z3us:
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by depair: 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hello mr z3us God bless u for helpg us out of ds dilemma

here is my C No 105509

Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:01am On Feb 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Vin numbers are longer than that, and contain alphabets, is probably a fake.

I'm not here to say I said so, but ur vehicle passed the gates without paying duty, it happens all the time. Now if you want to solve this problem you will have to pay custom duty again, (iv been there and done that on my vehicle and its very painful)go to their office without your vehicle and tell them your tale. I also have custom officer friends that can assist you if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by Sunnie7777: 6:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
@Gazzuzz, which of the cars now cos the're are a couple of cars now on d tread. @z3us, awaiting your response please.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by Sunnie7777: 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
@z3us, c130375, 2013/10/14. thanks
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by kayoday(m): 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
@ z3us there seems to be mixup somewhere. Another custom source that checked for me said it was declared spare part in a container same thing u told me. That I have to pay current charges to get proper doc.
I decided to visit Custom Federal Ops at Ikeja to find a way out, surprisingly was told my paper was ok. Went to PTML CPS Tincan where the car was cleared and they even printed some doc that I have that was used in clearing the car from their sys. I also got a signed inspection act which was not in the original with names of the examiner and officers that released the car.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by depair: 12:38am On Feb 26, 2015
@z3us pls am waiting for ur response
@kayoday wht is d cost of confirmg at ikeja and what is d time frame to get it done
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by kayoday(m): 6:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
You wont spend more than 3000 naira. I spent 1k for mine.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by depair: 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
abeg wht do i tel them wen i get there n which office do i go
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by Sunnie7777: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=z3us post=31039048]hello i need just the c no (customs reference )and date and port of discharge. Thanks a million, I have sent d c no. Kindly help me out.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by kayoday(m): 11:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
@depair
just tell them at the gate you there for Custom paper verification. You will get someone to assist you.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by planet4sure(m): 3:10am On Mar 01, 2015
Call me when coming to tin can will help u solve ur problem
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by Sunnie7777: 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
@planet, pls mail me your fone no.
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by planet4sure(m): 8:04am On Mar 03, 2015
Sunnie7777:
@planet, pls mail me your fone no.
Zero 8 zero 64099124
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by depair: 9:09am On Mar 03, 2015
Hello mr planet4sure God bless u for helpg us out of ds dilemma

here is my C No 105509.
date on it is 15/10/2014
Re: Typographical Error In Custom Paper. by z3us(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2015
well....lucky u then.....maybe there was an additional payment on it.since federal operations has certified it,u have no problem then.

kayoday:
@ z3us there seems to be mixup somewhere. Another custom source that checked for me said it was declared spare part in a container same thing u told me. That I have to pay current charges to get proper doc.
I decided to visit Custom Federal Ops at Ikeja to find a way out, surprisingly was told my paper was ok. Went to PTML CPS Tincan where the car was cleared and they even printed some doc that I have that was used in clearing the car from their sys. I also got a signed inspection act which was not in the original with names of the examiner and officers that released the car.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again / Where Do You Park Your Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.