Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Husband Asks Wife To Marry Virgin For Him - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Asks Wife To Marry Virgin For Him (922 Views)

Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / If Your Husband Asks You To Dress More Sexily At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Asks Wife To Marry Virgin For Him by adorablepepple(f): 7:55am On Oct 19, 2013
A 51-year-old husband, Mohammed
Audu, of Tudun Wada in Mararaba,
Nasarawa State, has asked a Grade 1 Area
Court sitting at Aso Pada, to order his
wife, Maryam, 25, to marry a virgin for
him.Audu, who made the request on
Wednesday at the resumed hearing in a
divorce case instituted by his wife, said
he would agree to the divorce, if his wife
of 16-years could marry a virgin for him.
He made the request when the Presiding
Officer, Malam Danladi Musa, asked the
couple if they had resolved the issues
that made the wife file for divorce.
The couple told the court that they were
yet to settle the issue.
Audu, however, told the court that he had
requested the persons, who stood as
their guardians during their marriage, to
come from the village to talk to his wife.
“They told me on phone that they will be
coming next week to settle us. “I,
therefore, urge the court to give me one
last chance to settle the matter,” he
pleaded.The mother of five, however, objected,saying that no marriage guardians wouldcompel her to live with her husband.She said, “All I want is the dissolution ofthis marriage. Their coming will notchange my mind and desire for divorce.”Following the objection raised by the wife,Audu said that he would want the Islamicprocedure of divorce to be followed in the matter, saying “I want `Khuli’ (dowry) from her. I want her to marry a young virgin girl for me to replace her. This isbecause she was a virgin when I married her.”After listening to their arguments, Musagranted Audu’s request for more time tosettle the matter, and adjourned the caseThe News Agency of Nigeria recalled thaton September 26, 2013, Maryam filed a
suit against her husband, seeking the
dissolution of their 16-year-old marriage.
She alleged that her husband had on
several occasions announced that he had
divorced her.On September 16, 2013, the husband hadpleaded with the court to give him time to settle with his wife, saying that he still loved her.
by my calculation the girl was 9 when she married!
Re: Husband Asks Wife To Marry Virgin For Him by badmeat(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2013
Buhahahahahahah!hilarious,cheesy
Re: Husband Asks Wife To Marry Virgin For Him by ChideraFavour(m): 9:33am On Oct 19, 2013
D wife is 25yrs and the marriage is 16yrs old which means the girl was 9yrs when the said man married her? This is child abuse jooh! And am sure it was her parents that forced her into this marriage for one reason or d oda mainly poverty becaus I refuse to undastnd why a sane and well living couple should give their daughter for marriage at the age of 9, may God punish poverty that have bedeviled many people's sense of belonging. I suggeset that the court should grant her wish becaus the marriage rite was carried out of her consent. Imagine a 35yrs old man sleeping with 9yrs old girl in the name of marriage, I beg this woman could have include molestation and kidnapping in the suit
Re: Husband Asks Wife To Marry Virgin For Him by pickabeau1: 9:51am On Oct 19, 2013
25 year old wife

16 year old marriage

is there a typo somewhere??

(1) (Reply)

Should Ethnic Differences Be Consider In Choosing A Partner / As An African, Can U Marry A White Woman Or Man ? / Couple Spends $50K To Choose Baby's Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.