Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige (48725 Views)

How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? / 400 K Wedding Budget For 150 Guests. / Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by makazona(m): 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
Akinz0126:
Its differs from one ethnic group to the order in the sense that here in the north U dnt av to budget a huge amount of money just because you want to marry an hausa girl except for the bourgeoisies who spend extravagantly Yorubas also wouldn't cost much@least 400k for a middle class Unlike the Igbos where you have to start budgeting from a million upword lyk you are investing on a business in the sense that You have to settle different kind s of peoples like the village head chiefs......bla bla bla lyk that

say only wat u know pal.dont just amplify d igbo thing mbok.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by eke419: 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
The major issue is the white wedding, for the traditional the lady's family will handle the major aspects except na poor family the lady comes from.
800k - 1m should give you a standard wedding unless na inside town then it will not be enough for the hall alone.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by hamilton62(m): 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
colossus2:
Why spend so much to feed the whole world in a day who care not about your marital life after the ceremony, aand pro'ly visit another wedding the following weekend.
What do you mean by A LOT? Because, your a lot might be my poo money... Just do it according to the size of your pocket because the future still has a lot for you and your partner... If you think that the cost of traditional marriage is high in Igbo land then try marrying a Kalabari girl in Rivers state, then you will know that the igbos are learners, only the boxes of expensive judges and wrappers with Nklari (royal beads) will exhaust the amount for welding in Igboland... The problem is that you dudes complain of our girls but leave then no way, you insist that you'll marry an igbo girl contrary to the advice of your parents.
Nwa afor igbo nwere agwa ( a True igbo lady has morales)... I mean TRUE not the ones with camouflage to be... So I mean a well groomed igbo girl!
Igbo wu Igbo, ekelem!

13 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Tinyemeka(m): 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
N1m for trad. N1m for an average low-key white wedding.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by yungzeed(m): 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
Jst passing by....
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by stunningjudy(f): 1:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Hmmmmmmm re u igbo?
Yes
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by callmenow: 1:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
It Varies from area to area. Average man in Lagos is not equivalent to average man in Kano or port harcourt financially. The cost must be what you and your committee of friends has decided to afford. Remember that the cost does not necessarily mean that the marriage will be blissful. Infact, the more that you spend beyond your means is inversely related to the failure of the said marriage. Be warned!

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by VivaLaFrans: 1:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
Life no be beans..... If marriage is up to 1.3 Million, that means the man must have close to 1Million in his account after marriage. Na Federal work, Banker? He go wait tire...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Tinyemeka(m): 2:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bigcake:
As an event planner in which i am, the following breakdown shld see u thro in an average nigerian marriage. Tradition marriage plus payment of dowry and sundry expenses will gulp N450k. Note dat most homes do handle everyting in the trado, in such a case consider urself lucky because d expenses on entertaiment will not fall on u. But to be on d safe side budget atleast N450k. For white wedding propper, this is d breakdown, wedding gown N40k to N50k, wedding ring N30k to 50k, cake N30k, drinks n food N150k, reception venue like field is usually cheaper N20 to 30k. Dj N15k, decoration N50k if in an open field, if in a hall N70k. Reception hall N120k, compare dat wit a field. Souvenir N20k note dat u cld be supported by friends wit more souvenir. Mc N10k. Programme N15k. Note dat people will volunteer to assist u in some gray areas which i hav not listed here. If u need more info on dis and hw to help u plan a cashless wedding anywhr in Nigeria, contact me on 07068613908 EKWERE JNR. Wish u well Bro.

What kinds of souvenirs would you buy for N20k?
Foods stuffs alone + caterer fees would gulp 150 - 200k, excluding drinks.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
Walahi, gurls go wait 4 marriage tire be dat na.. Na wetin?? Wen i had taught dat 30k will do all d magic...shuuuuuuuu!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Switpal(m): 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bigcake:
As an event planner in which i am, the following breakdown shld see u thro in an average nigerian marriage. Tradition marriage plus payment of dowry and sundry expenses will gulp N450k. Note dat most homes do handle everyting in the trado, in such a case consider urself lucky because d expenses on entertaiment will not fall on u. But to be on d safe side budget atleast N450k. For white wedding propper, this is d breakdown, wedding gown N40k to N50k, wedding ring N30k to 50k, cake N30k, drinks n food N150k, reception venue like field is usually cheaper N20 to 30k. Dj N15k, decoration N50k if in an open field, if in a hall N70k. Reception hall N120k, compare dat wit a field. Souvenir N20k note dat u cld be supported by friends wit more souvenir. Mc N10k. Programme N15k. Note dat people will volunteer to assist u in some gray areas which i hav not listed here. If u need more info on dis and hw to help u plan a cashless wedding anywhr in Nigeria, contact me on 07068613908 EKWERE JNR. Wish u well Bro.
good
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by ghetto101(m): 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
How much you can afford,check ur acc,check ur pucket and check how much coming in every month end and don't forget after ur wedding u must continue to eat,pay bills and also to save for 2morrow.

clefstone:
As much as the cost of celebrating marraiges is relative, with all indices assumed to be normal, how much should ideally be budgeted to cover cost of traditional and white wedding in Nigeria.

Please your opinions should be based on the emphasis, 'AVERAGE NIGERIAN' and on the economic condition prevalent in the country.

I would love contributions from single female folks and married men and just about anyone wit an idea.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
clefstone:
As much as the cost of celebrating marraiges is relative, with all indices assumed to be normal, how much should ideally be budgeted to cover cost of traditional and white wedding in Nigeria.

Please your opinions should be based on the emphasis, 'AVERAGE NIGERIAN' and on the economic condition prevalent in the country.

I would love contributions from single female folks and married men and just about anyone wit an idea.
what is your definition of an "average nigerian"
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Longman313(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
Youngzedd:
The owner of the post above mine "I give up".

I wonder if the guy think that wedding is importing 40ft container of goods from China.

@OP
Go and read about Mark Zuckerberg's wedding and do same.

No time to impress those that doesn't care.
I give up u a very wise word
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by sleemfesh: 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
Godmother:

I support o. Don't think you will be able to get drinks and food for 150k. A cow alone is worth close to that and except you plan on serving Limca to a low no of guests, like 100, that amount will go nowhere.

What are you doing with a whole cow?
Be real maen.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
Godmother:

I support o. Don't think you will be able to get drinks and food for 150k. A cow alone is worth close to that and except you plan on serving Limca to a low no of guests, like 100, that amount will go nowhere.

How many 'average Nigerians' buy cow for a wedding?

No wonder some peeps remain unmarried.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
Caracta:
I want to spend less than 500k.

Plus wears(for both of us), shoes, drinks, t.fare, etc.
For wedding and trad?

I will say 1.5m, 500k for trad and 1m for wedding. .
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by allanphash7(m): 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bro shoe get size oo as far as am concerned no matter how much you spend on a wedding it can never make your wedding to be d best or worse

So cut ur coat according to your cloth

Lobatan

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by synergycom19: 2:14pm On Feb 28, 2015
Gratia:

Drinks & food N150k? You must be joking
why

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by wealth2al(m): 2:14pm On Feb 28, 2015
Good question...
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by funmo(m): 2:15pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bigcake:
Mc N10k.

smh

10k for the masters of ceremony

all these event planners can be funny at times sha

go pick up mic na

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by synergycom19: 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2015
Any amonut is ok,weather 200k to 10,000k.it's all depends on planing and organizations and essentially with moderation at the back of your mind
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by eyinjuege: 2:17pm On Feb 28, 2015
Gratia:

Big joke.
But then, there are different classes of people.
The amount you spend throwing a party where your guests are mainly from the corporate & business world is going to be different from one where the guests are mainly market women , drivers, and artisans.
No offence to those who fall in the latter category, but it is what it is.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Sylverbox(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Gratia:

No be the guy dey find 'AVERAGE'??
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Chukwu94: 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
seedorfg:
yoruba=60k, hausa=30k and ibo=1million ...tenk me larer
You just made me laugh

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by tonquendo4u(m): 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
Gratia:

Lwkm. Na kindred meeting u go budget 150k for food and drinks.not a wedding. Ordinary beer don collect d whole money.u never add wine n so on.unless na Lords Chosen wedding grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2015
What's it with all the millions of naira? LOL grin So those who don't have millions of naira to spend on a stupid white wedding should stay single abi? My brothers, If your net worth is NOT up to 20 Million Naira, don't even think of wasting 3 million naira on your wedding; for what, if I may ask?

Just make it simple, do the necessary traditional stuffs and take your wife home! Be wise, don't waste your life savings on a stupid white wedding and end up eating from hand to mouth; your children will never forgive you if you fail to take good care of them in the future!

The future of your family is what matters most and not some stupid wedding ceremony!

Some people sha! Wife wey dem dey share free for other Countries? Smh!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by MZTEMAR(f): 2:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
@Ekwere the wedding planner hw can u say foods &drinks estimation is 150k #haba#even if u wanna go for zobo drink & concoction rice dt cash won't b enough.#lol#

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Olarewajub: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
This is just too outrageous.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
in my village to settle your in law's alone with your kinsmen will get to one million plus before talk of your estimates. .......
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
No one should tell you what to spend on your wedding day.
You work with what you have in your purse.
Like I would always tell people, you can never satisfy humans...

Even Jesus that fed 5000 people had to perform miracle join.

When your food finish, make them waka go mbok.

A lot depends on the class of people too. What a banker/engineer would spend on his wedding - can't equate that of a teacher.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ugandan Couple Drive In Open Truck After Their Wedding Ceremony. Photos / Rain Destroys Million-Naira Wedding Reception (Video) / This Is What Happens At A 'digital Nigerian Wedding'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.