Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

FAKE GOAL: Ball Enters Net Through Side Netting And Goal Given - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FAKE GOAL: Ball Enters Net Through Side Netting And Goal Given (1004 Views)

List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari / Juan Mata Wins Man Utd Best Player and Goal Of The Month For March / Olympics Women's Beach Volley Ball (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FAKE GOAL: Ball Enters Net Through Side Netting And Goal Given by 0monnakoda: 9:39am On Oct 19, 2013
Re: FAKE GOAL: Ball Enters Net Through Side Netting And Goal Given by 0monnakoda: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2013
Re: FAKE GOAL: Ball Enters Net Through Side Netting And Goal Given by 0monnakoda: 9:50am On Oct 19, 2013
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/10/19/4343153/hoffenheim-kiessling-phantom-goal-is-scandalous

Oct 19, 2013 12:22:00 AM

The hosts were left fuming after referee Felix Brych awarded Bayer Leverkusen a goal when the ball went through the side netting, though, the official claims he was given no help
Bet
= Bayer 04 LeverkusenLEV £18.3 Draw £35 Shakhtar DonetskSHD £43.3 Bet365
Hoffenheim sporting director Alexander Rosen believes it is "scandalous" that Stefan Kiessling's goal was allowed to stand for Bayer Leverkusen and the club will lodge an appeal to have the game replayed.

Leverkusen left the Rhein-Neckar Arena with three points and went top of the Bundesliga following the striker's header which went through the side netting to give the visitors a 2-1 victory.

To add to Hoffenheim's woes they also had a perfectly good goal disallowed and missed a penalty but Rosen was left perplexed by referee Felix Brych's decision to award Kiessling the goal.

“I was absolutely incredulous,” he told reporters. “We immediately saw in the reaction of the Leverkusen players that it was not a goal.

“Then I went down and saw it on TV. That’s scandalous.”

The referee explained his decision after the match, Brych said: "I had a slight doubt but the reaction from the players was clear: nobody was against [the decision].

"I checked with Kiessling. But no-one, not even him said that it wasn't a goal. The ball was in the net and for everyone on the pitch it was a legitimate goal."

Hoffenheim coach Markus Gisdol believes the match should be replayed and the club are to lodge an appeal.

There is a precedent for this type of incident as in April 1994 the encounter between Nurnberg and Bayern Munich was forced to be played again as Thomas Helmer was given a goal despite failing to score in a match that Bayern won 2-1. The DFB association ruled the match should be replayed with Bayern winning it 5-0.

“I think we will see this game again,” Gisdol told reporters. “I hope it will be a just as good a game, but with a better end for us.

“Why should a game with Bayern Munich be replayed, but not one for Hoffenheim?”

Meanwhile the hosts' captain Andreas Beck admitted it was something he had never experienced before in his career.

He said: “Something like this has never happened to me before. I thought my eyes were playing with me. I’m excited to see what happens next and as a competitor I would of course like a replay."

(1) (Reply)

Transfer News / Cazorla Content To Stay With Arsenal For “the Moment” / Secret On How To Wreck Nairabet,bet365 Etc And Win Instantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.