Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Me And My Children --- A Short Story! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Me And My Children --- A Short Story! (3525 Views)

A Call To Change "My Children Will Not Suffer What I Suffered" Syndrome / Separated From My Husband And He Is Keeping My Children From Me / See What My Children Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by FoxyFlow(m): 10:36am On Oct 19, 2013
This is a true story.. Please comment oo....

''Mama, na with them Aunty Alad I wan stay o''

I said to my mother.

''Attai, na so you go wan go her house. Nobody go tell you before you run come back''. Mama knew me well. I was really surprised at her answer.

How on earth would she even know that I run away from chores. Sweet mother had studied me inside out. Moreover, I was the closest to her then.

''No o, I get power and I sabi work''

I replied her.

''Nobody go dey wash your clothes o.'' She said something that made me weak.

I was only 12yrs old and I don't know how to wash my clothes yet. The last time I tried washing my clothes, my white clothes became blue, the red ones turned brown. It was like I poured palm oil into the water. My mum had to wash the clothes all over again. I had to stop washing pending when I would come of age.

''I go learn''

I answered Mama. She just shrugged. I took it as a go ahead so I sneaked out of the house that night. I knew telling my dad would automatically mean my being grounded. I don't want someone to spoil my adventures.

I arrived my Sister's house late that night. When she opend the door after I had knocked for hours, she was shocked.

''Attai, na you and who?''

She asked, her eyes wide open as she came out to see if I had followed an elder one to her house. I just stood grining at her sheepishly.

''Na me carry myself come. I sabi road well well''

She was too heavily pregnant to argue with me. She just gave way while I entered into the house.

''Aunty, I dey hungry''

I said as soon as I dropped my bag.

''Food dey kitchen, go serve yourself''

She said tiredly retiring back to her room. I had the whole sitting room to myself and NEPA (as it was then called) were favouring Hausawa part of Kano more than Shagari Quarters.

I walked to the kitchen to see pasta inside the pot. I looked juicy with chunks of fishes and meats scattered everywhere. She had told me to serve myself which I willingly did. I ate to my satisfaction making sure I stripped the food of all the meat and fishes.

''Attai!!!!!''

I jumped up. My sister had extra screamed her way into my dream.

''See me''

She was holding the pot with one hand when I entered the kitchen. I smiled at her.

''Who follow you chop this food?''

She asked. I looked around, went to the sitting room and came back. I saw nobody.

''Na only me chop the food o. Abi una get another visitor?''

She just shook her head and laughed.

''Man no dey eat too much o''

Was the only scolding I received that morning. I go dressed up and ready to go to school. My uniform which I had squeezed into the bag was a mess. It looked like it had been folded into a bottle.

''Why you no wash your uniform and today na monday''

My sister asked. I felt bad to say the least because I was in JSS3 already.

''I been think say as I wash am on Thursday and I no too play with am on Friday say e go clean''

I answered her.

''And light no dey self''

She said. She handed me two lunch boxes. One for her 3 year old son and one for me. I had already eaten a sumptious breakfast. This was uncommon in my house. You eat breakfast only. No extra food until you get home.

I got back from school to meet eba and egusi soup filled with meat. I knew I had hitten jackpot at last. I ate till my stomach begged for mercy. I felt I had seen the perfect life.

Continues shortly..
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by FoxyFlow(m): 10:49am On Oct 19, 2013
''Attai, come wash this plates.''

That was days later. My sister had already finished welcoming me. She handed me the sponge. I walked into the kitchen and nearly ran back. In the sink were plates of different sizes, pots and spoons. Things I had never washed all my life were staring back at me. All these days, I only enter into the kitchen to grab my food before running away without as much as a glance at the plates.

''Na how many of us go wash am?''

I asked her in a teary voice.

''No food for lazy man''

She said smiling. My finger overworked itself that day I still ate to my satisfaction at the end of the day. If washing plates would mean eating much, then I was cool with it.

I came back from school one day to meet the house empty. I was surprised. I went to the kitchen to find food waiting. Just enough too feed the two of us.

Sister came back later in the night with my newest nepher.

That was when my story began!!!
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by homesteady(m): 10:56am On Oct 19, 2013
grin #following
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by FoxyFlow(m): 11:49am On Oct 19, 2013
I mean my newest nephew. Before they came back, I was already dead hungry. All my days in my father's house, I had the feeling that since I have a twin sister, then she would cook for me all my life. She was still young and a good cook. The only thing I did then was to wake up, eat and sleep. I had two younger brother that did the dish washing.

''Attai, I am hungry''

I looked at my 3 year old nephew Joseph. He had shiny eyes like he wanted to cry.

''I don't know where your mummy went to o''

I spoke in Queen's English. Don't get this wrong, I knew English fairly well but we never spoke it in my family. We only used it in school.

''Cook na''

Joseph chided me. I had no option than to walk into the kitchen. I succeeded in cooking my first jollof rice. The food tasted nice to me.

''Mummyyy''

Joseph screamed. We had been watching ''the wheels on a bus'' when they came in. My sister held a small bundle followed by my smiling mother. The husband too followed suit.

Being my first time cook, I quickly dashed to the kitchen and dished out food for the new party that just came in.

Suprisingly, they all remained the food even though they praised the taste of the food. Looking back now, I know it was because the rice I had prepared was half-done.
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by AbuMikey(m): 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2013

#Front Row Seat!!

Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by homesteady(m): 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2013

Suprisingly, they all remained the food even
though they praised the taste of the food.
Looking back now, I know it was because the
rice I had prepared was half-done.

LOOOOL grin grin grin
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
Abeg continve. I day enjoy am. Gud work 2u
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by FoxyFlow(m): 5:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
Cykik: Abeg continve. I day enjoy am. Gud work 2u

I am continuing in a bit. The update will be longer. I'm standing on an express road!
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
Foxy where are you na? please come and update. Waiting anxiously.
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by FoxyFlow(m): 9:42pm On Oct 19, 2013
''Attai!''

I jumped up the 8th time between 2 hours that night.

''Bring new pampers, my baby don shit''

I was wondering why the boy did nothing except eating, sleeping and shitting and then eating again.

''Your pikin sabi shit o''

I said as I returned with.

''No be pikin, na baby my own be''

She rose in defence.

''Owk. Your baby sabi shit o''

I corrected myself.

Morning reached only for me to be woken to go and dispose the used pampers. Over the night the pampers had so piked up. All the child did was cry, suck and then shit. I wonder why the child was so.

''The dustbin heavy o''

I complained as I tried lifting the bin up.

''Na so them pack your own ma''

My sister fired from inside.

''But I sure for my heart say my shit no many reach that one.''

I fired back.

''Get out from dia before I come outside''

My sister shouted that I had to quickly jack the bin and ran outside. As I walked towards the refuse dump, people I met on the way always give way, holding their nose in the process. I knew I was smelling. Even the flies were singing a national anthem for me.

''Huuuuuunnnn... Zziiiinnnnn... Wuuuuunnnnn''

Was how the song went. I ran all the way their and thrown the refuse away wondering why the shit of a child smells like an adult.

''Yesu''

I would have shouted if not for the thick shit I had stepped up splashed everywhere including my clothe. My joy was cut short as I had thought I would go home smelling fine.

I had run home that day swearing for the anus of the baby. To make matter worst, people were running away from me for the smelling was going ahead of me to announce my arrival.

Check what you eat parents when carry your child. He eats from you you so the storage of shit he is going to release when you give birth to him would be averagely proportional to your own.

To be continued!!
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
Haaaaaa foxy not again!
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Madawaki01(m): 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2013
Lolz,that last update was hilarious,kip it up
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by FoxyFlow(m): 8:17am On Oct 20, 2013
I woke up that day to the sound of utensils. The previous day had been hectic for me as I washed and rewashed plates for food to be made. Numerous visitors had been coming the previous days to come and see the newest member of the family. It was fun seeing them makinng remarks about the bigness of the boy. My mother even made a point on how my sister should reduce her intake of provisions so the subsequent child would not be as big. This would aid a safer delivery she had concluded.

''Attai''

My sister called. I noticed something, since she gave birth, she adopted my name. If it is not, bring me pampers, it is bring baby oil, bring tissue, come throway shit. Many things.

''See me!''

I replied as I went into the room to meet her breastfeeding the child. I just thought of the number of times I would wake up to dispose pampers in the night. The child sure knows how the suck jor.

''You need to stop breastfeeding this pikin o. You know say e like shit''

I said after she ignored me and concentrated on bring the second breast out to feed the boy.

''Na so you ma suck. Your own sef worst cos na 3 women give you breast. If you suck mama own finish, mama abu go take over. Even grandmama breast sef you no pardon am''

I was shocked. Now I know why I feel I have multiple personalities.

''Kai... See as you dey fall my hands for front of this many people''

I frowned at my sister while her two friends laughed.

''Go kitchen go dish your food chop o, dish for my baby ma''

She said.

''Baby? Joseph na pikin o. I don dey teach am kpakorism.''

I said and they all laughed. I quickly went to the kitchen. On the cooker was a pot of steam poridge yam garnished with eggs. Now I know it was due to my glutony those days that I am fat today. Though I still eat a lot.

''Uncle, I am OK''

I had slapped my name out of Joseph's mouth.

''Pour your food here''

I ordered. I soon settled down and finished all the food in my plate. My stomach was as strong and big like a balloon.

''Attai, come go buy new pampers, the old one don finish''

My sister screamed from the room. I went in to meet her changing the pampers of the child. I looked on the ground to see that the child her scattered the pampers with enough shit.

''Make I finish''

My sister said as she noticed my impatience.

''Oya, take N350, na mini you go buy o.''

I collected the money and was about heading out when her voice stopped me.

''Take the pampers follow body''

I ran away like I did not hear her voice.
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Therock5555(m): 10:36am On Oct 20, 2013
Attai my belly dey pain me. If u cont dis way na for yabaleft dem go carry me go oo.

Thumbs up man
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by FoxyFlow(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2013
**Typing update from toilet**
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 20, 2013
Awwwww... Cute story
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Xsenga(f): 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
Guy, u funny oo, we dey wait 4 update grin
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by kingphilip(m): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Foxy_Flow: **Typing update from toilet**
abeg o make dat ur bomb-like smell no follow the update come o
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by FoxyFlow(m): 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
Two days later the house was so filled up there was no space to stretch one's leg. I tried all I could to stay invisible that day. I had followed my sister's husband to the market to get the he-goat which was to be used. The angry goat had been a nuisance in the car that my uncle had told me to relocate to the back seat and keept the goat company. There I was gisting and laughing with the goat. Talk about multiple personalities.

''Attai!''

I heard my name but kept quiet. I had hidden in the extra room being used as a store.

''Come chop o''

My twin sister called out to me but I was no to be fooled. I maintained my stance. I had something in front of me that meant more to me than the food. I had roasted the intestines of the goat.

You know how we do it, wash the intestine after clearing it of the shit. Rub salt and break maggi on it. Add a touch of pepper then roll it on a long stick and hang over an open fire. Such was the way I prepared the darling intestine of the goat.

''Attai, coke dey o''

Coke? I nearly yielded to the temptation but no, the taste of the juicy intestine was sending signals to my brain. I knew there would be more than enough coke in the evening so point rushing to eat now. It was a child naming ceremony for God sake.

''See me dey come''

My twin sister yelled. I had no intention of sharing my intestine, after all I had suffered alone for it. I started eating it quick. Pushing it into my mouth but my chewing was doing no justice to the meat.

I heard a creak on the door, my greed rate overshot itself pushing me to start swallowing the intestine. My greed told me the meat would digest in my stomach. I was already halfway through when the door jumped open.

''Ehen, Attai, na only you wan chop this kayan ciki ko?''

My sister queried and rushed towards me. I was in hyper mode so i just stuffed everything into my mouth and started swallowing. She stopped short in her track and was telling me how wicked I was when I started coughing.

I was choking on the intestine, tears was rushing out en-masse from my eyes. I could not talk. Swallow the meat na, for where. Vomit am come outside, no way. The meat just shared itself. Half was halfway down my stomach while the rest was halfway out of my mouth.

''Uncle, come see Attai o''

I had sat down abruptly fighting for breath. The door opened and half of my family members poured in. My dad was not in the procession.

''Hahahaha... See wetin meat dey do pikin''

My elder sister mused. They found it funny instead of helping me. For once I could not tell her I am a ''baby'' not pikin. My sister's husband with the aid of my elder brothers pinned me down, pulled the intestine little by little out of my throat. Talk about being greedy.

Everybody laughed at me that I had to hide through out the naming ceremony. Coke I no see drink, rice I no see chop. I just dey nurse my injury.

I ate to my satisfaction the following day sha! But my greed persisted.

To be continued...
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by kingphilip(m): 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
Fly wey no de hear word go follow dead body go grave..... Foxy abeg hope ur greed no land u into big palava sha....oya come update make i knw
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by danahart(f): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
I don laff eeee @ multiple personalities... Nice 1
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Sleekbaby(f): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Woa! Ds s nyz, kip it up dear
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Madawaki01(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
Viewing this topic: Foxy_Flow(m)

Seah make we xpect update?
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by FoxyFlow(m): 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
''Nye nye nye nye''

Emma (he was named the previous day) was wailing like no man's business as I stepped into the house. School had been tedious but the thought of food at home had kept me going.

''Aunty Alad, why Emma dey cry na''

I asked even though I was secretly happy he was not sucking breast at that moment.

''Then do cut im preek''

She shouted back. I was excited. I had seen boys most hausas who had done circumcision and how they walk around nake flashing their pee pee to the world.

''Hope dey remain wetin him go carry piss?''

I taunted my sister. She came outside holding a container.

''Na so so cry him just dey cry since o''

She complained. I had no breast so I can't control his crying. I sure would sing him a song. I coughed to clear my rusty voice and started singing a popular Igala lullaby.

''Oma we we we
oma we ku kola 'ne
mama tene la akala wa
baba da 'nya li bread wa
oshimeshi cho ona''

Translated thus..

''Baby silence silence silence
baby wait let me tell you
mama went to buy akara
baba went to buy bread
christmas is tomorrow''

But the boy was not hearing my songs. I looked at the injury on his penis and wondered if that was how mine was when I was his age. I decided to find out the main way. I looked at the mother who was busy staring concernly at her son.

''Na small thing dey make your pikin cry o and na man him be''

I voiced out.

''Na so you ma do. You cry for seven days straight, even breast no allow you shut up. Them gats carry you go hospital''

My sister finished me. Who would not cry considering the pain. Kai, men should be respected jor. Women go through child birth, we go through circumcision.

''See him preek dey stand o''

I pointed to the small boy's member which had elongated slightly.

''Na piss him was piss, abeg hold im leg apart.''

I did not understand the part of spreading the child's leg until he finished expelling urine. Little drops well on his circumcised penis and all hell was let lose. He shouted, struggled and kicked his leg in a bid to free them from my hold. I held tightly to it until I mistakenly left one leg. It touched his member as he struggled that he shouted again.

Wow, I had to hold his legs extra tight but weakly so I won't break the leg. The sight of his red member sha caused some sensations between ma legs like I was the person passing through the pains.

To be continued...
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Uthman51(m): 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
Waiting oo
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by 4kizo(m): 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Am i welcm here?
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by FoxyFlow(m): 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
Continuing shortly..
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by yemi2plus(m): 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Nice story foxy. But na why e dey family section na?
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Nice story, really smooth and natural
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by kingphilip(m): 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
yemi2plus: Nice story flow. But na why e dey family section na?
maybe na him decide to take am come here since na him wit him pikin story be dis

yemi we missed u sha
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by Madawaki01(m): 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
yemi2plus: Nice story foxy. But na why e dey family section na?
hey yemi,what's up na?u no go create anoda account ni?
Re: Me And My Children --- A Short Story! by chistar01(m): 11:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
angry angry angry

Following grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.... / He Now Sleeps On A Mat Becos His Wife And Elder Sister Hav Taken Over D Bedroom / Beautiful Photos Of Ojukwu's Widow, Bianca Ojukwu And Her Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.