Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

How Long Did It Take U'all To Learn Programming? 10 Years? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Long Did It Take U'all To Learn Programming? 10 Years? (5783 Views)

How Long Did It Take You Guys To Become Strong Java Programmers / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? / How Long Does It Really Take To Learn Programming( I Want To Know) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take U'all To Learn Programming? 10 Years? by A40(m): 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2008
sbucareer:

It really takes ten years to learn programming

Thanks for the link to that page i read it up and its an absolute Masterpiece!! To be the best you always need to sharpen your craft
Re: How Long Did It Take U'all To Learn Programming? 10 Years? by digitalman: 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2008
Are you guyz really programmers?

OR are you just people interested in programming?
you can not even conclude whether math or logic is ok for programming.

Now for your infomation , if you want to be a programmer , i mean a good one who wants to make a difference, you must be like I said earlier, a genius. secondly u must be very dedicated to d job. thirdly u write programms!

if u think u can write off mathematics and logic, u are joking! they are one and the same thing in programming. if u are good in maths and bad in thought /vicecersa ,,u can`t be a programmer. u must carry the two together. if u think u are bad in maths but very good in programming, then I bet u dont know ur worth in maths. go and rediscover ur self.

as for the topic .the person who asked the question., my advice to u is. first reveiw what programming is, ask ur self whether u can do it, if the answer if positive, go ahead and start with any language of ur choice, start with the xamples, try out ur own tricks, xplore differences,, get ur results! it can take u few months depending on ur ~prowess~,
thanks
Re: How Long Did It Take U'all To Learn Programming? 10 Years? by Gonorrhea(m): 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2008
It only took me a couple of months, and i thank GOD
Re: How Long Did It Take U'all To Learn Programming? 10 Years? by digitalman: 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2008
It only took me a couple of months, and i thank GOD

VERY GOOD!
Re: How Long Did It Take U'all To Learn Programming? 10 Years? by ilosiwaju: 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2008
to say the truth,programming is a continous learning process except you are a gosling or stroustrup. I have been a programmer since 1996 though i started with qbasic and fortran(i was 11 sha). But professional and serious programming started in 2002. now, i have been programming c++ for 6years and i started java 5years ago. php 3years ago.
actually,does one really learn programming? i think its mainly interest, if u add hardwork(constant practice and not slapping the monitor during debugging to that) just like chess,the earlier the better.
And how i learnt them, well if u can cope with fortran that young,u dont learn new languages as such, u evolve.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / How Can I Build A Twitter like @mention System In PHP? / Im A Java Expert Here To Teach Those Who Wants To Learn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.