Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests (1286 Views)

Ben Bruce Orders Innoson Car For His Personal Use From The Anambra Based Company / What The Electoral Acts Says About The Death Of A Candidate / Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by alex101(m): 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
INTRODUCTION:
Our dear people of Anambra and Ndigbo in general, I, on behalf of the esteemed members of Eze Ndigbo council members congratulate you all for airing your respective views with respect to the various candidates vying for the governor's office of the state of Anambra. I have been observing with keen interest (though behind the scene), on the various positions put forth by supporters of respective aspirants, and I must conclude that this is the election (on a gubernatorial scale) that has elicited the most interest(s) from Anambrarians/Igbo and non-Igbo, both in Nigeria and outside of Nigeria. Even here in the US, a Yoruba friend of mine follows the election more than I do, because he's an APC supporter. These interests expressed by people, in and outside of the state, is the reason we are going to briefly "dissect" each aspirant.

Ifeanyi Uba:
He's lost credibility, especially since his business failed. This is making folks uneasy as to what he may do with the treasury, since it appears he lack the required financial judgement to keep his business above waters.

Chris Ngige: Ngige might have had a good chance in the forthcoming governorship election, but he is dining with the wrong crew. He is hobnobbing with those who do not in anyway, shape or form, wish his people ANY good. He saw the handwriting on the wall that his people are against his APC party, yet he was not move and remained adamant due to his own ego, selfish and personal interest. This is unacceptable, for a person's (Ngige's) interest should be subsumed by the overall interest(s) of the larger Anambrarians/Igbo, however uncomfortable it may be for Ngige. He has demonstrated that he is insensitive to the plight and yearnings of the people he aspire to govern,,,,he exhibited this nonsense during the recent deportation saga in Lagos. He, like his other APC goats demonstrated that they are uneducated in terms of immigration,,,,are these the type of men/women we should allow anywhere close to governance? Ngige, like his other APC goons lack the required judgement to govern a state,,,,in summary, he's a megalomaniac and should be treated as one until he comes to his senses, heck, he lacks respect for traditional Igbo customs,,,,see Obi of Onitsha curse on Ngige and his APC crew!

Willy Obiano: This man is a true IGBO son. He understand the traditional Igbo way of doing things. He is well grounded in financial management,,,this may well explain his closeness to Peter Obi's fidelity bank dealings. This is the area of immense concern to council members, and he may have been so compromised by Obi, in covering up some dirt. Nonetheless, I still believe that he needed the support of a popular out-going governor (especially one that is close to the president), to get ahead in an election,,,afterall, this is Nigeria we're talking about,,,see Soludo. The good thing I've gathered from a reliable source on the ground, is that Dr. Obiano is a man of compassion and reason. He's not happy with current state of things in Anambra, and Igboland in general, although I don't fully buy his concerns, for he's still a politician in the dungeon called Nigeria. I believe we can still get him to deliver to us, if we apply the required pressure on him, via our own media. The reason why politicians get away with impunity in Nigeria, is because they pay the media to misinform the people. The Nigerian journalists are highly corrupt and are in the business of misinforming the gullible electorate. Even here on NL, the amount of falsehoods that abound here, can even make the devil look "less hurtful" sometimes. Ndigbo must have their OWN brand of media, that will be based the cardinal principle of Igbland which is Eziokwu bu n'du (truth is life)!.
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by alex101(m): 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
The party APC:

At a time when the world is frowning at Islamic extremism, APC is embracing it by series of their actions. They've not condemned the northern nigerian islamic terrorist group called boko haram. They are rather, using boko haram to intimidate the general public into voting in their candidate, Buhari. They (APC), did not condemn the killings of innocent NYSC members in the north during the last presidential elections of 2011.
APC and their goons are behind the recent "pull him down" syndrome that is geared towards each and every Igbo member of GEJ's cabinet. They called for the removal of the NPC chairman, Festus Odumegwu . They called for the sacking of the Igbo immigration boss. They called for the sacking of the COAS, Lt. Gen Ihekirika. They are clamouring for the sacking of the minister of aviation, Stella Oduah.

Ever since the minister of aviation, under our dear president GEJ, opened up the Enugu aiport for business, these enemies of progress, have remained unsettled. The core of their "beef" with this lady is the internalisation of the said airport,,,,nothing more. One of their agents recently stated that the direct flight of Ethiopian airline in to the coal city will "kill" the local airline industries. These APC, an ardent islamic party, believe in the doctrine of continued politico-economic strangulation of Igboland. Over 4 decades,they made it possible for Igboland to record the largest migration (outwardly), of any group in sub-saharan Africa. UmuIgbo, enough is enough. We must learn to confront our enemies, head on. The Enugu airport is booming. My, brother recently went home via Ethiopian airline (by-passing Lagos, even when his business is 75% Lagos based) and he said to me he did that, for "Igbo-pariotism" sake. I intend to follow suit, come december.

APC does not respect Igbo tradition, hence their utter disregard for the Ofala traditional festival in Onitsha. My brothers and sisters, APC has no place in Igboland. They (APC) believe in autocratic rule,,,we are free born and republicanism is inherently innate in us,,,,thus immiscible with a bunch that see their erring head as form of "god".

APGA:
APGA started out with good intent to project the interest of Ndigbo, but along the line (especially after the death of Ikemba), lost focus. APGA is NOT an Obi's party. He doesn't own it and we must make that clear to him and his cronies. It (APGA) belong to Ndigbo in general and can be taking back from Peter Obi and placed on the right path. We just have to persevere and be resolute in making it clear to those running it. APGA can not be thrown under the bus, because of one man and his crew. If we allow APGA to be defeated by APC, then we are in essence saying that the following utterances by our detractors are correct:

Sack Ihejirika.
Sack Stella Oduah.
The deportaion of our Igbo brethren in the dead of the night by APC Fashola was the right to do.
Removal of Festus Odumegwu, who was on the path of conducting a credible census was in order.
The call for stopping of international flights into Enugu by APC agents is correct.
The post election killings of youth corpers by terrorists in the north is in order.
The boko haram insurgency, that is affecting Igbo lives and property in the north is correct.
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by Goddex: 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2013
Your analysis is good but what about the
PDP candidate too?
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by alex101(m): 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
Goddex: Your analysis is good but what about the
PDP candidate too?
My brother, I think we need to make APGA strong (capture all the Governors' houses in SE) and at the federal level, vote in PDP candidates. So far in this election, the PDP candidate is weak, and I believe we should stick to Obiano, who has the support of the peopel and the out-going governor
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by EzePromoe: 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
All the candidates are incompetent. Sorry to say.
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by Ngwakwe: 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
On behalf of Eze, Council and teeming members of Nzuko Ndigbo Online, I hereby veto Eze Onlytruth indecision and declare our support for APGA Candidate Dr Willie Obiano as our preferred candidate and enjoin all and sundry to support his bid for governor of Anambra State come 16th November, 2013.

We the Nzuko Ndigbo home, abroad and Online activists pledge moral, financial and on-the-ground support for his successful gubernatorial bid.

Thanks to all who will heed this call to give Ndigbo a political identify in APGA.

Once again, thank you all

5 Likes

Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by FreeGlobe(f): 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
Dead on arrival. Peter Obi and Victor Umeh's APGA will RIP November 16. Most of you are not from Anambra anyways, if you want APGA vote them in your state. Peter obi's APGA is igbo inhumanity to igbo. Why did you skip ezu river saga and shoot on site order of the present led APGA in your Analysis. APGA is not an igbo party, Anambra is not the only igbo state. say no to continuity of bad governance wrapped under igbo interest

6 Likes

Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by Onlytruth(m): 12:26am On Oct 20, 2013
Umu Anambra na Umu Igbo,

Our Prime Minister Alex101 has articulated the majority opinion in the Eze's council.

Onu madu bu onu mmuo!

We hereby endorse Chief Willie Maduabuchi Obiano of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) party for the Anambra gubernatorial elections slated for November 16, 2013.

Umunne m na umunna m,

Politics is a game of COMPROMISE.
By this I do not mean compromising ethos and age old Igbo values, rather I mean a game of QUID PRO QUO -onye dara ibe ya, ibe ya adara ya.
That is how we have lived in peace in Igboland for thousands of years. That is how we maintain one of the most enviable of African cultures.

There are no winners and losers in a place where all are wishing for common good.

All we need to do is to stop being passive once Obiano gets sworn in. We should use whatever resources available to us to hold his feet to fire, and ensure that he delivers to the benefit of Anambra and Ndigbo. If we do this, our fears of Peter Obi's undue influence in the Obiano governorship can be checked. Evil can only thrive when good men do nothing!

So, let us all lick our wounds quietly that our candidates did not make it, but let us put collective Igbo interest ahead of personal interests.
My street sense tells me that once Obiano gets sworn in, Peter Obi's influence would start to wane almost immediately. Power is unpredictable.
If Obiano develops reluctance to sideline Obi, we shall help him do just that! We shall not abandon our party to selfish men. We shall work within the party to ensure that selfish men never colonized us internally.

A na ebu uzo chofuo egbe biara ibu okuko tupu abara okuko mba maka ipu na ezi!
Ka anyi gbako aka chufuo egbe a na akpo APC.

Dalu nu.

Signed,

Yours truly,

Onlytruth.
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 20, 2013
FreeGlobe: Dead on arrival. Peter Obi and Victor Umeh's APGA will RIP November 16. Most of you are not from Anambra anyways, if you want APGA vote them in your state. Peter obi's APGA is igbo inhumanity to igbo. Why did you skip ezu river saga and shoot on site order of the present led APGA in your Analysis. APGA is not an igbo party, Anambra is not the only igbo state. say no to continuity of bad governance wrapped under igbo interest
I just had to like your post! You have spoken well. cool
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by PointB: 12:32am On Oct 20, 2013
APGA is the right party to vote in Anambra. Not because it is the best, but under the present circumstances, APGA represent the only party Ndigbo can easily hold accountable due to it extensive grassroots base and support. Obiano will be made accountable to the people of Anambra. Alex position is endorsed by the Nzuko Ndigbo online council.

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by nduchucks: 12:55am On Oct 20, 2013
Did any of you in diaspora attend this event? Eze Onlytruth, Alex101, were you people there?

The recently concluded Anambra State Association (ASA-USA) convention in Tampa, Florida by a splinter group currently under criminal investigation by the Attorney General of California, was a show of shame, according to a Citizen Reporter.

Four leaders of the group, Allison Anadi, Victor Nwanso, Olisa Oraelosi and Jonathan Okafor, are currently facing lawsuit by concerned members of the association who are suing them for causing “substantial injury to the association.” The judge in the case, after examining the facts, ordered that Allison Anadi, Victor Nwanso, Olisa Oraelosi and Jonathan Okafor should be referred to the Attorney General of California for investigations for possible financial improprieties.

THE CONVENTION:

Despite the on-going criminal investigation, the four organized a convention in Tampa, Florida and invited all governorship candidates for the upcoming November 16, 2013 election in Anambra State. They also invited the incumbent governor of the state, Mr. Peter Obi.

Governor Obi, his political godson William Obiano, APGA party chairman Victor Umeh and other state officials traveled to Tampa. The controversial businessman-turned politician, Ifeanyi Ubah, arrived with his entourage for the convention. Chief Anyanwu of Labor Party was also in attendance.

The morning session was a non-event, as many did not show-up. Many members shamelessly went from suite to suite to drink and chat with the politicians. The meeting hall was virtually empty. It was as shocking as it was disgusting.

THE FIGHT BY THE POLITICIANS:

Things got to a rough start when Gov. Peter Obi wanted to speak. The Ifeanyi Ubah group shouted him down insisting that he must not speak because “he is not a candidate for election.” The Ifeanyi Ubah group insisted that the candidates must be allowed to market themselves without Gov. Obi’s excessive shielding and mentoring of William Obiano. Members of the Ubah group called the governor names like “shameless godfather.”

In the end, Gov. Obi did speak, and spent most of the time talking about himself and attacking Ifeanyi Ubah.

THE DEBATE:

It was evident to many when the debate started among the candidates why Ifeanyi Ubah wanted to spar off with Willy Obiano. Ifeanyi Ubah spoke forcefully, at times very loud. And from the applause he got from the tiny crowd one could tell that he really spent time entertaining some of those there with beer and food. Ifeanyi Ubah promised to combat the urgent issue of kidnapping which Peter Obi has failed to address with phone-tracking technology. He made other promises under the applause from his group and supporters which included Allison Anadi, Victor Nwanso, Olisa Oraelosi and Jonathan Okafor, who he is reported to have previously given sixty thousand dollars ($60,000) as donation for the medical mission and seven thousand dollars ($7,000) as “kola nut” money. It was the consensus that he performed better in presentation that Chief Obiano. But it was also disgusting watching some of our men showing total lack of class.

Willy Obiano appeared timid and showed a lot of stage fright and was incoherent. One man called his speech, “forgettable.” A spokesperson for Ifeanyi Ubah lamented, “Peter Obi is desperately trying to install his personal banker in Fidelity to cover for his looting of Anambra money.”

Chief Anyanwu was merely average.

One of the major contenders in the up-coming election, Chris Ngige, did not attend. Tony Ike Isamah, his spokesperson in the US issued a statement saying, “The Ngige Mandate Movement, USA/North America refused to be associated with a dubiously conceived coronation event disguised as ASA-USA convention. You will agree that the absence of Dr. Chris Ngige, and his numerous supporters who are also members of ASA-USA, took the shine off the overt plot to promote the ‘continuity theme’ of Governor Peter Obi.”

The statement also condemned “the disputation arising from exploits enabled by acts and omissions of both the Obi administration and Chief Ifeanyi Uba.” It added: “Must one remind you of the $60,000 and ‘cola money’ down payment by Chief Ifeanyi Uba? And do we now have to revisit the attempt to save ‘the Anambra Brand,’ whatever that means, by Governor Peter Obi in New Jersey earlier this year.”

[url=http://saharareporters.com/news-page/asa-usa%E2%80%99s-shameful-drama-tampa-florida]Source[/url]

Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by dayokanu(m): 1:34am On Oct 20, 2013
Obaino who was disgraced by Ifeanyi Ubah whom detractors called an illiterate in a debate that Obi had to come to his rescue

I endorse Ifeanyi Ubah for this election. At least till I hear Ngige in a debate

Obaino is the worst option for Ndi Anambra. A stooge who can't even defend his own mandate
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by alex101(m): 4:16am On Oct 20, 2013
FreeGlobe: Dead on arrival. Peter Obi and Victor Umeh's APGA will RIP November 16. Most of you are not from Anambra anyways, if you want APGA vote them in your state. Peter obi's APGA is igbo inhumanity to igbo. Why did you skip ezu river saga and shoot on site order of the present led APGA in your Analysis. APGA is not an igbo party, Anambra is not the only igbo state. say no to continuity of bad governance wrapped under igbo interest
Believe me, the bolded was also placed in consideration, during the process of reaching this conclusion. I can assure you that I'm part of a group who are hell bent on bringing about a media platform (one based on truth) to Igbolandin sensitising our people as to how to hold government accountable. Be rest assured my brother that the Ezu river issue is not over. Peter Obi will be made to pay for his crimes,,,,even the ex-Imo state governor, Achike Udenwa will pay too, for his shoot at site order on MASSOB members, during his reign in office.

In the mean time, understand that this decision was taken with the utmost interest of not only Anambra, but that of Ndigbo in general. If we allow ngige win that election, it may sound/appear good in the short term, but we will pay heavily for it in the long term, for we would have created a monster that will be difficult to get rid off. APC is an islamic party that stand against anything Igbo, and it is the political wing of boko haram.
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by alex101(m): 4:18am On Oct 20, 2013
ndu_chucks: Did any of you in diaspora attend this event? Eze Onlytruth, Alex101, were you people there?

I didn't make it to the venue, as I reside in a different state.
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by Clerverly: 7:21am On Oct 20, 2013
Onlytruth: Umu Anambra na Umu Igbo,

Our Prime Minister Alex101 has articulated the majority opinion in the Eze's council.

Onu madu bu onu mmuo!

We hereby endorse Chief Willie Maduabuchi Obiano of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) party for the Anambra gubernatorial elections slated for November 16, 2013.

Umunne m na umunna m,

Politics is a game of COMPROMISE.
By this I do not mean compromising ethos and age old Igbo values, rather I mean a game of QUID PRO QUO -onye dara ibe ya, ibe ya adara ya.
That is how we have lived in peace in Igboland for thousands of years. That is how we maintain one of the most enviable of African cultures.

There are no winners and losers in a place where all are wishing for common good.

All we need to do is to stop being passive once Obiano gets sworn in. We should use whatever resources available to us to hold his feet to fire, and ensure that he delivers to the benefit of Anambra and Ndigbo. If we do this, our fears of Peter Obi's undue influence in the Obiano governorship can be checked. Evil can only thrive when good men do nothing!

So, let us all lick our wounds quietly that our candidates did not make it, but let us put collective Igbo interest ahead of personal interests.
My street sense tells me that once Obiano gets sworn in, Peter Obi's influence would start to wane almost immediately. Power is unpredictable.
If Obiano develops reluctance to sideline Obi, we shall help him do just that! We shall not abandon our party to selfish men. We shall work within the party to ensure that selfish men never colonized us internally.

A na ebu uzo chofuo egbe biara ibu okuko tupu abara okuko mba maka ipu na ezi!
Ka anyi gbako aka chufuo egbe a na akpo APC.

Dalu nu.

Signed,

Yours truly,

Onlytruth.

So says the deluded INEC Chairman! Ngige would shame all you come 16th November.
Onye Nwere nti ya nuru ihe!
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by apoti(m): 7:41am On Oct 20, 2013
alex101: The party APC:

APC and their goons are behind the recent "pull him down" syndrome that is geared towards each and every Igbo member of GEJ's cabinet. They called for the removal of the NPC chairman, Festus Odumegwu .

Your assertion here is wrong
APC never called for the removal of Festus Odumegu. Kano State Governor (Kwankwaso) a PDP Governor that did.
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 20, 2013
apoti:
Your assertion here is wrong
APC never called for the removal of Festus Odumegu. Kano State Governor (Kwankwaso) a PDP Governor that did.
I don't know why some people will always blame APC for everything that happens in this country. Is it an act of cowardice or what?

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by apoti(m): 9:44am On Oct 20, 2013
berem: I don't know why some people will always blame APC for everything that happens in this country. Is it an act of cowardice or what?

I think it's more of ignorance, hatred and bigotry. They attribute all actions and comments from Northerners to APC, When PDP obviously controls most of the states in the North.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by ACM10: 10:14am On Oct 20, 2013
Having Obi's stooge on that seat governing with Obi's template? Mbanu!
Re: The Anambra Election And Endorsement Of A Candidate With SE's Interests by Bensonn: 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
ACM10: Having Obi's stooge on that seat governing with Obi's template? Mbanu!

are u listening to these online blabbers? Let them stay in europe and south/north america and be endorsing, while we at home will be voting. As far as we are concerned Obi is hated in everyother place in Anambra save for his town Agulu. And then some other charlatans he payed to campaign for him online. Obiano sorry ur master did poorly and as a result you will not govern anambra. The so-called Igbo party gibberish and other character slaying propagandas being bandied endlessly here online is even non-existent where I am right now. So while Willie Obiano win online and in diaspora. The peoples choice will win the real on ground election.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Wants To Kill Me – Amaechi / How Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Was Killed –investigations / A Picture Of Asari Dokubo, Oritsejafor And Yusuf (spiritual Leader Of Bh)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.