Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant (17317 Views)

Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by jjcbuthot: 1:16am On Oct 20, 2013
Rubbish... Where is the electricity? Commissioning today commissioning yesterday... Where is the electricity?

Nonesense.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by taharqa: 10:24am On Oct 20, 2013
awodman: According to the Minister of Power..Olorunsogo Phase 2 is up next for commissioning..that will make it 3 down and from there we will continue our countdown to 10..

Hope our transmission system has been positioned to successfuly evacuate this harvest of power
Reali? Was d date of d Commissioning stated?... I wonda when Geometric Power at Aba wud also be commissioned??
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by PHIPEX(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2013
Somethings is wrong somewhere, isn't this news good enough for frontpage?
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by taharqa: 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
How come this have not gotten to d FP, MODS.... Nigeria just added 500MW to the National Grid for God's sake
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by awodman: 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
taharqa: Reali? Was d date of d Commissioning stated?... I wonda when Geometric Power at Aba wud also be commissioned??
I heard it from his speech yesterday..he didn't give a date
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by ocelot2006(m): 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
0lumide:

You know, I used to think you were objective but now, you stink. If you notice, I used to join issues with you when I thought you were neutral. but now that I know you are a PDP goon who will allow corruption just for PDP, I stopped quotting you, I stopped reading your comments except for this which I feel like using to let you know why your are an UTTER person!!

Simple question: did OBJ complete the project after 8 FREAKING YEARS? A simple Yes or No will do.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by africapunch: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
LET TRY BE LIGHT! AND THERE WAS LIGHT grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by fishmakas: 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
weldon mr president na ur style i like pass

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by ocelot2006(m): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
0lumide:

You are making me an OBJ fan?

Really?

if it wasn't for what OBJ started on those NIPP projects, would GEJ have even thought of them sef talkless of completing them?

You can read where it said funding for the projects stopped from 2007 (When OBJ left) to 2009. Yaradua ressurected the projects and died.. GEJ is only doing the ceremonial part of the project. Thats all.

Yet your beloved OBJ abandoned them while "retardeen" GEJ revived it, completed and commissiined it, and equally expanded other projects.

You know what? Maybe you should just give credit to Lord Lugard.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
0lumide:

OBJ is far ahead of other Nigerian presidents except Gowon and Buhari..

Explain more, He is far ahead because he couldn't complete it within 8yrs of starting it, moreover you accused someone of supporting corruption because he supports pdp, so what party is this OBJ you are supporting belong to? APC or APGA? grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Tonylyte(m): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
#ohu-Onehehi
#Ikuku-oma
#FreshWind
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by ocelot2006(m): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
1MCN: It surprises me when some fellows hear about a good work done by Jonathan and his team and they rush to tell us it was initiated by the past administration(s). Gov't is a continuum. You don't expect him to dismantle a good structure already erected by past gov'ts. He's more intelligent than that. Jonathan had once lamented that there are over six thousand FG abandoned projects scattered all over the federation, and that they'll be of very great impact to the people if the projects were completed.
By insisting that Jonathan has nothing of praise for him (although he's not even interested) in the projects he completes, you make a few things too obvious, namely:
1. You have no idea how gov'ts (should) run;
2. Out of search for own-glory you won't mind scoring an own-goal;
3. Corossive hate can lead you to destroy the good name and work of a fellow man though they be beneficial to even you;
4. You're only intelligent by less than half;
5. You're a saddist who'll rather prefer that people die in penury than be saved by the saviour you don't approve of.

You, sir, are awesome. I owe you a beer. Excellent post.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by taharqa: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
1MCN: It surprises me when some fellows hear about a good work done by Jonathan and his team and they rush to tell us it was initiated by the past administration(s). Gov't is a continuum. You don't expect him to dismantle a good structure already erected by past gov'ts. He's more intelligent than that. Jonathan had once lamented that there are over six thousand FG abandoned projects scattered all over the federation, and that they'll be of very great impact to the people if the projects were completed.
By insisting that Jonathan has nothing of praise for him (although he's not even interested) in the projects he completes, you make a few things too obvious, namely:
1. You have no idea how gov'ts (should) run;
2. Out of search for own-glory you won't mind scoring an own-goal;
3. Corossive hate can lead you to destroy the good name and work of a fellow man though they be beneficial to even you;
4. You're only intelligent by less than half;
5. You're a saddist who'll rather prefer that people die in penury than be saved by the saviour you don't approve of.
NOW, this is a brilliant post....

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by manny4life(m): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
I walked in on this, once again, the Power Transformation Agenda is ON COURSE...By 2020, Nigeria would be ripe to become one of the top 10 countries in the world. Good job to GEJ and his crew, he will continue to silence his haters one by one.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Brimmie(m): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
jmaine:

Your nonsense above leads to no where.

So you are the buffoon Tamer with the Brimmie handle.

Say another useless tripe and watch me unleash extreme venom on you. Appears you have forgotten the drill.

Lol.. grin grin How many nerves did i touch when i called you UTTER FVCKTARD!?

BTW, I'm not Olumide! tongue tongue

Pls Die!!! UTTER FVCKTARD!!! grin grin

When are these Plants going to start working!?
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
Warri _Pikin: [size=14pt]FRESH AIR DEY BLOW!

GEJ MUST BE GIVEN TIME TO FIX OUR COUNTRY!

[/size]
He doesn't deserve it.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by manny4life(m): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
We know

Power and electric have achieved tremendous positive outcome, in two years or less, the fruits will come to light

Aviation is on course (with exception to setbacks such as the crashes that occurred)

Agriculture in on course (thanks to initiatives that are encouraging plant and animal farming)

Transportation (Rail and Water) is on course (thanks to the railway rehabilitation projects and newer waterways being opened.

Education though lagging behind but we shall get there

Healthcare is gradually evolving

Security is taking shape and seen improvements

Commerce, Trade and Exports has since increased

Foreign Investments are at an exceptional highs

Economic Growth high while inflation has reduced

Middle Income Earning has grown,

For me, GEJ has scored fairly well, but we need more improvements (this will make him one of the BEST presidents Nigeria eve had).

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by jmaine: 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
Brimmie:

Lol.. grin grin How many nerves did i touch when i called you UTTER FVCKTARD!

Am used to quenching ediots like you, so am wondering what sorta nerves are you self-service!ng on about

Brimmie:

BTW, I'm not Olumide! tongue tongue

Stop been an effing coward and confront me with your demented 0lumide handle.

Brimmie:

Pls Die!!! UTTER FVCKTARD!!! grin grin

After your entire generation . . . .

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by HAH: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
Only in Nigeria" when you build house you commision and again when you build BQ you commision again "

That was what happen in most of the NIPP project most of them were built by Obasanjo and were hurriedly commisioned before he left office in 2007 and now they are being recommission by GEJ after some touches or annexes.

Anyhow kudos and I hope I will stop using generator soon.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Brimmie(m): 3:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
jmaine:

Am used to Serving People like you

grin grin UTTER person is now an UTTER FVCK!NG SLAVE

jmaine: Stop been an effing coward and confront me with your demented 0lumide handle.

Lmao!! Bwhahaha Hw low can you go mo'R'on!?

jmaine: After my entire generation . . . .

Yeah.. You gon suffer Last.. Bye.. UTTER FVCKTARD!! tongue tongue
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by awodman: 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2013

Chief Executive Officer of Niger Delta Power Holding
Company, owners of NIPP, Mr. James Abiodun Olotu
commended China Machinery Engineering Corporation
(CMEC) for completing the project six months ahead of
schedule.

So Omotosho 2 was completed a whooping 6 months ahead of schedule..quite impressive

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Brimmie(m): 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
manny4life: We know

Power and electric have achieved tremendous positive outcome, in two years or less, the fruits will come to light

[s]Aviation is on course (with exception to setbacks such as the crashes that occurred)
[/s]

Agriculture in on course (thanks to initiatives that are encouraging plant and animal farming)

Transportation (Rail and Water) is on course (thanks to the railway rehabilitation projects and newer waterways being opened.

[s]Education though lagging behind but we shall get there[/s]

Healthcare is gradually evolving

[s]Security is taking shape and seen improvements
[/s]

Commerce, Trade and Exports has since increased

Foreign Investments are at an exceptional highs

Economic Growth high while inflation has reduced

Middle Income Earning has grown,

For me, GEJ has scored very poor, but we need more improvements (this will make him one of the ACCIDENTAL presidents Nigeria eve had).

FIXED.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by jmaine: 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Brimmie:

grin grin AS A FREAKISH person , am now an UTTER FVCK!NG SLAVE

Lmao!! Bwhahaha Hw low can a mo'R'on like me go !?

Yeah.. Am gon suffer Last.. Bye..AM STILL THAT UTTER FVCKTARD tongue tongue

Impressive . . .now run along toddler. . . .
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by thehomer: 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Promhize: President GoodLuck Jonathan on Saturday, commissioned the 500 megawatts Omotosho Power Plant Phase 2 with four gas turbines in Ondo State.
This is coming exactly 16 days after the commissioning of the 434MW Geregu II plant in Kogi State and also the second of the 10 Nigerian Independent Power Project (NIPP) under the management of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC) Ltd to be inaugurated.
It is moreover exciting to note that the Omotosho Power Project which is commissioned today was initiated in 2004 and has been abandoned between 2007 and 2009 due to funding problems.
Congratulating the President for his commitment and land marks in revitalizing the power sector, the Honorable Minister of power, Professor Chinedu Nebo remarked that the power sector has enjoined the position of No. 1 priority in this administration.
Speaking at the event, President Goodluck Jonathan noted that the new development was aimed at boosting the country’s capacity in generating 500MW of energy.
President also utilized the occasion to assure PHCN workers that are yet to get their severance package that the government is working towards that, urging them that there is no need for industrial action.

http://www.ceoafrica.com/viewnews.php?tabnews=2306

Why did the project initially run out of funds? Was the money wasted in someone's campaign? Or just looted? Can this administration say why it ran out of funds?
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
how many megggawatts in total now?
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by jmaine: 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
thehomer:

Why did the project initially run out of funds? Was the money wasted in someone's campaign? Or just looted? Can this administration say why it ran out of funds?

Yar Adua intentionally stalled the projects and starved it of much needed funds due to his incessant probes in the power sector.

So it has nothing to do with this admin . . .

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by TechyGuy: 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
0lumide:

Enemy of progress detected, keep off!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by namdyz(m): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
0lumide:

You are making me an OBJ fan?

Really?

if it wasn't for what OBJ started on those NIPP projects, would GEJ have even thought of them sef talkless of completing them?

You can read where it said funding for the projects stopped from 2007 (When OBJ left) to 2009. Yaradua ressurected the projects and died.. GEJ is only doing the ceremonial part of the project. Thats all.

initiated in 2004, stops in 2007. U mean 3 years is not enough 4 obj to commission a 500mw? Were as dis is 1 of 10 being commission by gej. Gej til 2019

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by patriotic007: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
How can we entrust our dear country to people that dismiss 500 megawatt as nothing and even put in on back page on a forum?OK its benin power plant remaining am waiting to confirm that APC people are jus power hungry fooooools if they say OBJ built it becuase clearing of that site started in 2010 i witnessed it all so how can OBJ build a plant when he left office?GEJ carry on joor we love you,..team fresh air benin zone

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by patriotic007: 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
Even NL has been politicised,....If its oduah issue it will been on FP but a country generating jus above 4000MW commissioned a 500 MW and its not on FP,..SMH for the progressives who wants to use a forum to win national election keep dreaming

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by sCun: 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
9jadelta: how many megggawatts in total now?
That is what I want to know, because it seems with all the new power plants being comissioned, the still tell us the same 4000MW. Where does all the new MW go to?
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by TechyGuy: 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
APC has won more support for GEJ than any other single group! #FACT

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Murder Of Innocent Kokorifa: Protest In Yenagoa By Ijaw Youths (Photos) / Lawyer Who Made Adeleke Win At Tribunal Is Most Powerful Freemason In Nigeria(pi / PDP Crisis Deepens As Secondus, Wike Differ On Peace Terms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.