Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

What Nigerians Need To Do! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigerians Need To Do! (850 Views)

Saraki's CCT Trial: What Nigerians Are Saying Will Shock You / Funny:Ghanaians Don Suffered,see What Nigerians Are Saying About Them On Twitter / INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nigerians Need To Do! by NigEclipse(m): 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2008
I do believe in a great powerful being that does exist, but I don't think that God has anything to do with ourlives in the manner we think he's involved in ourlives. I think we're on our own, and at the end every sinner is judged and punished individually. At one point, I had a great disbelief for the existence of a deity, but when you think of the existence of life you have to say to yourself that there is a great and powerful being out there. Similar to the theory of creationism vs evolution. I think through creationism evolution began. And being Catholic, I pray to the Virgin Marry as well, and outside of the Catholic ring I have other personal beliefs pertaining to the existence of God. Allot of religions question her existence the way it's brought out in the bible. We have to wake up and smell the coffee people! I simply don't see God being fully involved in ourlives the way we think he is. For him to let so many people suffer the way they have, I simply find it to be an oxymoron. Look at Africa for example, do you know how cursed we are with this HIV epidemic? The world is against us as blacks, and we're considered the most inferior. To top it off, look what we're doing to ourselves all over the globe. THE KEY IS KNOW THAT GOD IS WITH YOU, BUT YOU SHOULD TAKE THE INITIATIVES TO TAKE CHARGE! We're always sitting in a corner praying to a so call "God" to rid us of our problems while we have the answers at our finger tips all along. While we idolize a deity to come and rid us of our devilish leaders who looted so much from us and left us hopeless and worthless, these thieves are in their million dollar mansions laughing at us. Fake religious people use the "God" theory to deceive and cheat; they put on a show to simply pretend to be religious.
Re: What Nigerians Need To Do! by manmustwac(m): 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2008
ok So What Do Nigerians Need To Do?
Re: What Nigerians Need To Do! by NigEclipse(m): 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2008

WE NEED TO TAKE CHARGE AND STOP WAITING FOR A SO CALL GOD TO COME AND RESCUE THEM!!!
Re: What Nigerians Need To Do! by KukuraontheMove(m): 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2008
NigEclipse,
The question is how? We have no sense of community and when it does exist, its set up to get something from govts, corporate bodies, etc, all due to poverty, I'm sure, But posterity is not going to accept that! So lets take stock and develop strategies for the changing the situation.
Re: What Nigerians Need To Do! by vigasimple(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2008
manmustwac:

I feel your frustrations. But how are we going to do it.

can you lead us in which way you think we should approach the fight, because there is no use for you to sit abroad and not 'set up' or profer a way we are going to fight a rotten system.

Nobody is asking God to come down but we are asking him to grant us the knowledge, wisdom , understanding,revelation and the will power to do what is necessary to retake our own destiny.

One thing that is clear is that the ordinary people have gotten their mind 'corrupt' as the people they intends to fight through frustration of joining them if you can beat them. so if you have a concreate and winnable solution let us hear it and we are with you all the way otherwise you are part of the people that just yarn their mouth and no trouser.
Re: What Nigerians Need To Do! by bilymuse: 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2008
I do believe in a great powerful being that does exist, but I don't think that God has anything to do with ourlives in that manner. I think we're on our own while at the end every sinner is judged and punished individually
l perfectly agree with you

Religion is a mean of social and moral order. Countries that are able to move forward are society that are able to separate religion from the state. Religion becomes a personal matter while the governing of the state is left to elected representative who are bound by a contract with the people called the constitution. Society where religion override there life are backward and lost in the past.

Man create God, and every society design  God to look like a fellow tribe man. Amadioha looks Ibo, Sango a Yoruba , Allah looks Arab, Jehovah looks more Jewish.

On the day of judgement ( hope such a day exist), every man shall be judged according to his deed , rather than his religious belief. Religion is just an accident of birth. To judge a man according to his religious belief is like judging him according to the colour of hi skin.
Re: What Nigerians Need To Do! by NigEclipse(m): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2008
Eclipse,
The question is how? We have no sense of community and when it does exist, its set up to get something from gov ts, corporate bodies, etc, all due to poverty, I'm sure,  But posterity is not going to accept that! So lets take stock and develop strategies for the changing the situation.

We first need a strong foundation to began with. Our background has been distorted through so many hardships we've encountered as blacks, and that fallacy has been plaguing us for generations. We will always have crooked leaders among us who will attempt to loot from us, but the key point is to have stiff punishments for those who dare double-cross us while in office. And collectively, the people have to be involve in this crusade. Right now we need to team up with other nations from different angles to at lease initiate a fight against corruption. It's always a bad idea when a nation does such thing, because other nations can be crooked, too, but that is the reason for teaming up with other nations from different angles of the world so the crooked ones don't get bought out with our wealth.

Our situation is a big mess; financially, we're out of shape. A health care system is needed to provide our people with in order to tackle this aids crises that's dominating our nation. Most importantly, initiating the fight against corruption should be prioritized! The masses should be frontline when it comes to this, because not one other person can conquer corruption if we don't stand up for what's been swept from under our feet. Here you have millions of hungry children dying of hunger in our country, and then you turn your head and spot Sam Egwu (former governor of Ebonyi State) in his $100,000 vehicle cruising the streets as he blasts his air condition while the masses suffer due to the billions he hi-jacked from the people. This kind of abuse should be intolerable, and that's why the masses should start taking charge against all the greedy thieves who raped us!
Re: What Nigerians Need To Do! by NigEclipse(m): 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2008
Religion is a mean of social and moral order. Countries that are able to move forward are society that are able to separate religion from the state. Religion becomes a personal matter while the governing of the state is left to elected representative who are bound by a contract with the people called the constitution. Society where religion override there life are backward and lost in the past.

You're absolutely correct. I think any kind of religious and biblical scripture as a manual script for human beings, a life manual. Had this manual script not been created how ever it was created, the world would have been more derailed than it is now.

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home / The Nigerian Factor / Ministry Of Niger-delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.