Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,413 members, 7,954,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:54 AM

Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home (867 Views)

DSS & Soldiers Raid Eziuche Ubani's Home, Driver Beaten / Hundreds Of Boko Haram Terrorists Raid Villages In Borno / BREAKING NEWS: Militants Raid Akwa Ibom Villages, Rape Housewives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by Ade0001(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2008
Burglars from hell took caution to the wind before dawn on Monday as they broke into the family house of President Yar’Adua in Katsina and robbed his ageing mother, Hajiya Dada Yar’Adua in her bedroom.

Daily Sun learnt that the robbers beat the security around the house to have access to the room where the about 80-year-old mother of the president was sleeping through the air conditioner opening.

The president’s mum reportedly did not wake up during the operation, as she was believed to have been hypnotized.
A source in Katsina told Daily Sun that Hajiya Yar’Adua only woke up to find that her room was in disorder and some of her jewelries had been removed.
The source, however, said the thieves were unable to unscramble the safe in the room to have access to its contents.

It was gathered that as early as 5 a.m. during the Muslim early morning Subhi prayers, the president’s younger brother, Alhaji Jafaru had reportedly been informed by his mother about the incident. He in turn went to one of the president’s sisters, Hajiya Hadi, to alert her to the development.
It could not be ascertained at press time whether the president had been informed, but it was gathered that the modest family house in Katsina, where the robbery took place was agog with family members and neighbours who were on hand to show their sympathies.

Monday’s incident has further raised questions about insecurity in the country where robbers walk easily into the bedroom of the mother of the president, even as there had been reported cases of politically-motivated killings in the state.

It was gathered that just last week, chairman of a local government in the state was killed and his body dumped on the street, just as Muktari Kakumi, assistant director, media, Katsina Agriculture and Rural Development Authority (KTARDA) was reportedly murdered in cold blood recently.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/aug/19/national-19-08-2008-001.htm
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by outlaws(m): 9:53am On Aug 20, 2008
cool

This is a disgrace. How can the house of the president of a whole nation be robbed? Maybe the security at his home were part of the plot. Or maybe Mr. President is trying to save money instead of employing enough security to protect his mom. Is sad that such a thing could happen. Nigeria, what a country.
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by chikeze(m): 10:59am On Aug 20, 2008
it is shamefule to hear this. if this could happen to the number one citizens mom na who we be? what goes around comes around grin
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by congoshine(m): 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2008
This is indeed a shame
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by bilymuse: 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2008
I better put into top gear plan to relocate mum abroad, if the president home can be burgled, nobody is safe
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by doyin13(m): 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2008
How does that poem go. . .

Things fall apart and the centre cannot hold
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2008
What is this telling us about the security of the nation?
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:59am On Aug 23, 2008
You cannot fix the security in Nigeria unless you get rid of the corruption, which will never go away since 90% of us are corrupt. From the market women all the up to the presido himself, corrupt!
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by udezue(m): 4:07am On Aug 23, 2008
I don't give a damn. Bout he and his ppl get a taste of what other ppl are going through in that country. They were very nice tho.
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On Aug 23, 2008
udezue:

I don't give a damn. Bout he and his people get a taste of what other people are going through in that country. They were very nice tho.

What does that solve?  What good will it do your relatives/friends who are back there ( assuming you have any there)?? Does hate really make this a good thing?
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by ayinba1(f): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2008
Maybe just maybe, he will rethink doing nothing about the country after this but then "yawwnnnnnn" it's a maybe
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2008
A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE OF TELLING MR. PRESIDENT HOW INSECURED OUR COUNTRY IS. HE MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND BEFORE, I BET HE WILL DEFINITLY UNDERSTAND NOW.

EVEN HIS HOME IS INSECURED TOO (UPON ALL THE SECURITY THERE, OH! THINGS DEY HAPPEN OOO) grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2008
A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE OF TELLING MR. PRESIDENT HOW INSECURED OUR COUNTRY IS. HE MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND BEFORE, I BET HE WILL DEFINITLY UNDERSTAND NOW.

EVEN HIS HOME IS INSECURED TOO (UPON ALL THE SECURITY THERE, OH! THINGS DEY HAPPEN OOO) grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by noetic(m): 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2008
inside job
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by obongyi: 12:45am On Aug 24, 2008
This is embarassing embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by yongbabe(f): 1:10am On Aug 24, 2008
GOOD! let him c a small part of d harsh reality dat d citezns live with daily.
Hopefully dis would make him 2 take action,
n not just sit down n eat Nigeria's money lyk almost evry damn president we hav had
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by naijaking1: 1:49am On Aug 24, 2008
In a country where the attorney general was murdered by "robbers", is it such a big surprise that the president's mother could also be robbed?
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by kosovo(m): 2:21am On Aug 24, 2008
lol.
what can i say other than what i have always said.
a country of DOOM!
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by Nwaka77: 3:03am On Aug 24, 2008
Na wa o! What a shame!
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by bawomolo(m): 4:35am On Aug 24, 2008
you would think there would be SS operatives protecting the family of the president. i guess they were on a sobo break
Re: Robbers Raid Yaradua's Home by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2008
yong babe:

GOOD! let him c a small part of d harsh reality that d citezns live with daily.
Hopefully this would make him 2 take action,
n not just sit down n eat Nigeria's money like almost evry damn president we hav had

u just made me laugh out loud.
thats exactly what my mum would say.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Enjoys 'brain-gain' As Expats Return / Relief As 3rd Mainland Bridge Opens / Impact Of Ict On Civil Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.