Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Importance Of Good Timing In Job Search - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Importance Of Good Timing In Job Search (465 Views)

The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria / Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of Good Timing In Job Search by DeGreatWon: 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
Hello friends,

I am happy to share my experience and views with you regarding proper timing when it comes to job search. I have heard different stories from job seekers about many job applications without result and I think it will benefit all to share my views and understanding about the subject matter.

Firstly, your grade may not help if your applications are untimely. Whether you earn First Class or Distinction grade, if you fail to apply for jobs on time, it is very possible that your applications might not be selected. Let us look at the illustration in the next paragraph.

I belief many people are aware that the Tuesday and Thursday editions of the Guardian newspapers usually contain job vacancies placements. If vacant positions are published in the Tuesday edition, at least 50 job seekers will read about in each state of the federation plus Fct. This will give a total of 1850 job seekers. If each one of the reader inform 3 friends, it will give a total of 7400 people who are aware of the available job. Unfortunately, less than 1000 will apply the first day.

If we continue with the narration above, at least 599,400 will be aware of the job by Saturday of that week. Imagine a friend just inform you about the job on Saturday after tens of thousands of applications have been submitted. What number do you think your application would be? Though this may not be applicable when it comes to "Job bank" method like that of Dragnet or Workforce. But in most cases employers put limit to the number of applications to minimise cost and required time.

Are you one of those applicants who always feel reluctant to apply for jobs? Some have inferiority complex thinking they are not good enough for the job till the whole Lagos convince them to apply. Some have wrong perceptions that they cannot get the job because of we-we factors. Some really don't understand job application process. No matter the categories you fall into, I want you to change your perception and face reality. And the reality is that "you are who you think you are".

A determined job seekers must know what he/she needs for job search,when to begin job search,where to get job links or alerts,how to apply for jobs, when to apply, and so on. Do not waste time at all. When you are among the earliest applicants the employers will have the time to go through your CV before the applications become overwhelming. This is an advantage for you friends.

I hope we must have learn one thing or the other. I wish all job seekers best of luck and I pray that God that uplifted me to where I am today will do wonders in your lives.

Love you all

1 Like

Re: Importance Of Good Timing In Job Search by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
God bless you
Re: Importance Of Good Timing In Job Search by DeGreatWon: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
God bless you too

(1) (Reply)

Aptitude Test Question / Can You Sell IT Services? / Naija Graduates And Dearth Of Well Paid Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.