Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

How To Interpret The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Interpret The Bible (451 Views)

Pls Help To Interpret This Dream / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / Please Someone Should Help Me To Interpret This Scary Dream Of Mine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Interpret The Bible by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
From experience with general xtianiy interpretation of the. bible, there is actualy no systematic explanation as to which verses/ passages are to be taken literarilly or otherwise. I have realised a certain trend shich is in a form of steps.
1. read the verse
does it make sense(logic)?/ is it right(moral)/ is the objective interpretation without a contradiction to a proven fact?
if yes to all, correct interpretation
if no,
2.read the whole context/ passage/ history and follow the questions
does it make sense(logic)?/ is it right(moral)/ is the objective interpretation without a contradiction to a proven fact?
if no,
3.call it an allegory or
look for another verse to fit in to give another interpretation which will then make the final sense.
If you are not able to get past step 1, say "You cannot understand the word of God with this your carnal mind"
If you reach step 2, but have a lil problem cos it doesn't seem right; make it seem right and justify it by saying "his ways are not our ways"
If you get to stage three, but. there is something very challeging, begin an influx of different bible verses and passages, Link all together, even if you are running round a circle. If possible, modify definitons and chip in a view that makes thinhs look right evenif it. means shooting yourself on the foot.
Worse of all,for those who can't even read or understand or are ignorant, say some verses and begin the hell talk to whoever asked you.
Re: How To Interpret The Bible by nnofaith: 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
No method to the madness called religion!
Re: How To Interpret The Bible by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 20, 2013
Re: How To Interpret The Bible by henrychubayo: 6:36am On Oct 20, 2013
You don't need interpretation of the bible nor matter the verse.
What you do need is understanding. We also need guidance to understand what we read. Acts 8:30 -36 told us That is what happened to the Ethiopian Eunuch which philip the deciple of Christ help him to understand. Notice what Philip asked him, Do you actually understand what you are reading? The man replied, How can I understand without someone to guide me. So he boldly ask Philip for help and he was indeed help. Having understood everything, he was baptized that day or period. So we basically can't understand everything in the bible and that is why our lord made provision for teachers and instructors.

If u re talking about translating to another language, not a problem

So ask your local bible student for help to understand the scriptures. You will be helped ok.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Turning To The Right Channel / . / Why Should You Get Bothered If He Or She Converts To Another Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.