Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,825 members, 7,817,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church (7609 Views)

Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
For some christians like me, we are apt to change churches almost every sunday over slight irritations. What could make you change ur church? Here are a few reasons why i may change my church, in no particular order:

1. Incorrect doctrinal teaching
2. Lack of sufficient platform for spiritual growth
3. Absence of bible study
4. Poor pastoral care
5. Too many offerings
6. Too strict church doctrines
7. Disagreement with the pastor
8. Disputes with church members

I could go on and on and on. Share yours
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
I'll do it for your stated reasons 1, 2, & 3.
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
Leo Adewale: I'll do it for your stated reasons 1, 2, & 3.
highly spiritual. Really, churches that offer 1, 2 & 3 are rare these days
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Magdalee(f): 5:26am On Oct 20, 2013
bible says where two or three are gathered in his name, he is there in their midst. i'll not be caught in any church where God is not worshipped in spirit and in truth.
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 20, 2013
@Magdalee is it just enough to be gathered in His name? I'm particularly very sensitive when it comes to church stuffs, we knw whats happening in many churches of nowadays, they are being turned into social gatherings of some sort
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 20, 2013
olrotimi: highly spiritual. Really, churches that offer 1, 2 & 3 are rare these days
in addition, if one decides to join them, friends & family (even enemies) will the person all sort of names. "S. U" is an example.
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 20, 2013
lol @leo, other names include 'old schl', 'dulling guy', 'untrending', hehehe. 1thng i knw for sure is that bible can neva be out of vogue, its words are so true & real even in 2day's world. So no pastor shld try & play on my litl knwledge of the bible.

1 Like

Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by mysticgal(f): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2013
teaching unbiblically,wrong doctrines and sexual harrasment
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Achmet(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2013
guys try this and thank me later http://nexva.mobi/app/show/id/31274
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by greatgod2012(f): 10:49am On Oct 20, 2013
Cursing whoever refuse to pay tithe by the pastor will definitely make me leave the church.
Not because I don't pay mine but I think it's something one should be convinced of, not something to be enforced or made curses on.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by sweetflame(m): 10:54am On Oct 20, 2013
All except 7 & 8 , for number 6 whatever restriction there is, is for our own good! smiley

1 Like

Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by ayusco85(m): 11:01am On Oct 20, 2013
"SPIRITUAL PROSTITUTE" grin grin
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by ayusco85(m): 11:02am On Oct 20, 2013
I dont change church like i change ma under pant. I ve changed church once, from an anglican church to pentecostal, (living faith) for one reason which is ₪☺. 2 on ur list. For spiritual growth. Anybody that changes church weekly or even monthly is A̶̲̥̅ "SPIRITUAL PROSTITUTE".
**no be M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ talk A̶̲̥̅♏ o, na so e dey for BIBLE**

1 Like

Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by bionicdude(m): 11:02am On Oct 20, 2013
lack of babes 2 chyke in da church grin
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by jdpepeli(m): 11:08am On Oct 20, 2013
bionicdude: lack of babes 2 chyke in da church grin
I agree with u jor,,,,,,,, lack of babes is my option,,,,,,,,, the fact is that people r just good in changing churches,,,,,,,, is it a cloth? e.g I dey go go Christ embassy cos the pastor na fine boy.......
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by sexysunnyb(m): 11:10am On Oct 20, 2013
1. when pastor fly private jet
2. when pastor and family are using different solid cars
3. Too much offering and forcing member to pay tithe

1 Like

Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by aliumik: 11:14am On Oct 20, 2013
bionicdude: lack of babes 2 chyke in da church grin
May God capture u the way he captured saul and change him to paul
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Dhortunn(m): 11:31am On Oct 20, 2013
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Archmed(m): 11:31am On Oct 20, 2013
If I cant find my missing rib
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Justeenaleo(f): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2013
aliumik: .
May God capture u the way he captured saul and change him to paul
Amen
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by AbuMikey(m): 11:59am On Oct 20, 2013

The Day I get a Pastor like Obadiah777 grin

Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by bluuu: 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
1,2,3,7,8.also,making tithe a do or die affair.i pay mine bt dnt want somone harrasing or cursing me for it
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Vicjay1(m): 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
If the praise and worship is not good enough and no good sermon.

2 Likes

Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Castos(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
Don't try leaving the Catholic church, you'll be damned

3 Likes

Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Samnwaigwe(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Castos: Don't try leaving the Catholic church, you'll be damned

1 Like

Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by GentleMimi: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
When i get married
if i get a fedral job outside Lagos
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by GentleMimi: 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
sorry to say this,if u think eternity and salvation is abt church,u are already damned

2 Likes

Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Castos(m): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
GentleMimi:
sorry to say this,if u think eternity and salvation is abt church,u are already damned
You actually lack the benefits of the Holy Sacraments that's Why you're saying this.

1 Like

Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
greatgod2012: Cursing whoever refuse to pay tithe by the pastor will definitely make me leave the church.
Not because I don't pay mine but I think it's something one should be convinced of, not something to be enforced or made curses on.
May God help us all.
thats 1gud reason y i so much fancy the orthodox churches when it comes to tithing cos d pastor's salary isnt a function of ur tithe, they hv a fixd salary unlike the one-man kinda churches that are proliferating evry whr, the pastor has to feed hez family & send hez children to good schls. Smtimes i even pity them when they talk abt tithe, its as if they are begging, i am smtimes moved to double my tithe
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by tunapawizzy: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
TOO MANY OFFERINGS
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by sweetpoison(m): 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ascension of d overseer
Re: For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church by sweetpoison(m): 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
mumu they said CHURCH not society

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Abide In Christ This Year? / The 5-F Pillars Of A Heavenly Minded Christian / Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.