Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

What Would Make You Change Your Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? (16729 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church / Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by tobechi74: 11:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
WHEN I hear stories of people who have changed from one religion to another, i have mixed feeling. First i congratulate them for making the decision. I praise their courage. Believe me , it is not easy.they have been hanging on the fence for a long time before making such decision. Secondly, i try to ask them if they are certain they made the right decision.i hear answers like YEAH, I WAS IN THE DARK, NOW I SEE THE LIGHT. I ask again , would you ever change your religion again? If yes, what factors?they are speechles
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Afam4eva(m): 11:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
tobechi74: I WAS IN THE DARK, NOW I SEE THE LIGHT.
[size=14pt]If there's one thing i've learned, it is that one person's light may be another person's darkness. People who convert always say that they've found the truth when it's actually the truth that they wanted to find that they did find.

@topic
There's nothing that can make me change my religion. Not because i feel that mine is better than every other religion but because i just don't care whether the truth is here or not. Infact, i'm not interested in the truth. I just want to live my life.[/size]

15 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by tobechi74: 12:05am On Mar 17, 2013
I agree with you bro
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by jhydebaba(m): 12:11am On Mar 17, 2013
If the price is right.

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by jhydebaba(m): 12:12am On Mar 17, 2013
If I receive instructions from my oga at the top.

9 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by onetrack(m): 1:34am On Mar 17, 2013
If god himself came to me while I was awake and not hallucinating, and demonstrated his godly powers, then I would believe. Otherwise I will remain an atheist. People claiming that God whispered to them (i.e. prophets) is not enough proof.

7 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by akatonero(m): 4:13am On Mar 17, 2013
Cnt even stop to be a catholic talkless of changing religion.

8 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 4:22am On Mar 17, 2013
Why switch prisons? All religions require faith(just believe)..
www.nairaland.com/attachments/268350_religion_shit_jpgfd013c0768062c2b7065d5aeb6312bd3

5 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 4:24am On Mar 17, 2013
jhydebaba: If I receive instructions from my oga at the top.
u dont need an oga at the top, you need a slap from above...

4 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by devigblegble: 4:25am On Mar 17, 2013
I don't really do religion I just try to live a decent life

11 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Cmoyor: 4:26am On Mar 17, 2013
Nothing can make me change cos evrybody naa same naa only packaging diff
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 17, 2013
NEVER!!!!!!!!

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 17, 2013
I don't even have one in the first place although I believe Jesus to be all time good guy and that God is real.

The question best for me would be what will compel you to become religious.

Maybe at the point of death

5 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by manosteel(m): 5:35am On Mar 17, 2013
When my religion starts planting bombs and grenades in other places of worship or starts fighting for the same God I assumed to be worshiping, then i will sign out from that religion and seek peace elsewhere.

52 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nonybb: 5:37am On Mar 17, 2013
onetrack: If god himself came to me while I was awake and not hallucinating, and demonstrated his godly powers, then I would believe. Otherwise I will remain an atheist. People claiming that God whispered to them (i.e. prophets) is not enough proof.
if u wait to God to do that u will die in an unbelieve and meet ur kind like karl max and co in HELL

3 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 5:39am On Mar 17, 2013
I changed from christain to muslim simply because i believe that God is one . Christainity was also formed after jesus departed. Jesus himself was a muslim and not christain. Believe it not not. He has no share in Trinity. He is nothing but a prophet of God just like noah.

65 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 5:52am On Mar 17, 2013
onetrack: If god himself came to me while I was awake and not hallucinating, and demonstrated his godly powers, then I would believe. Otherwise I will remain an atheist. People claiming that God whispered to them (i.e. prophets) is not enough proof.

Do you know that seeing is not always necessarily believing?

Some of the stars you see at night are myths. You can see them but they no longer exist. This is pure science fact and if you bear with me I will share it with you.

The closest star to our Solar System is 100 light years away. That star is aptly named Alpha-Centura i.e. A for Alpha as in the first star and Centura for 100 being the distance away from our planet being 100 light years.

A light year is the distant you will cover if you travel non-stop at the speed of light for one year.

That distant, S corresponds ==> VELOCITY OF LIGHT X 60 SEC X 60MINS X24HRS X 365DAYS

The velocity of light being 8600km/hr.

The average star that you can see in the night sky is about 10 -30billion light years away.

Given the average life span of a star to be approximately 30-40billion human years, it then goes to show that a star 30billion light years away will have it's radiation reaching us in 30billion human years by which time the origin source must have faded away.

Another fun fact for you is that the color of a star can help you decipher how old a star is. Blue stars are the youngest with red stars the oldest and just about to stop radiating energy. Our star is a white star and in it's mid-life. Consider a candle burning , the red flames are at the top, the white at the middle and the blue flames at the bottom.

So most stars you see in the night sky may have gone extinct a couple billion years before humans ever laid eyes on them.

All you are seeing is its shadow.

God is everywhere and you don't need eyes or ears to see or hear him. God speaks to us in our mind and inner thoughts.

20 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 17, 2013
Nonybb: if u wait to God to do that u will die in an unbelieve and meet ur kind like karl max and co in HELL

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Trottle: 6:10am On Mar 17, 2013
Always a muslim coz nobody wish to be in darkness after you have seen the light. Atheist saying that there is no God hmm.... Una well done by the time you are buried in the grave and witness a new life entirely then you will be exposed to realities and it would be to late.those boko haram spoiling the image of islam,killing innocent people then they (boko haram)are almost like you atheist since as a muslim u never go against Allah and his prophet. Come to ISLAM,COME TO LIGHT NEVER BE AMONG THOSE THAT PERISH DUE TO STUBBORNESS

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by SamConquer(m): 6:17am On Mar 17, 2013
Proudly Christain

11 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 17, 2013
[quote author=Afam4eva]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=14pt]If there's one thing i've learned, it is that one person's light may be another person's darkness. People who convert always say that they've found the truth when it's actually the truth that they wanted to find that they did find.

@topic
There's nothing that can make me change my religion. Not because i feel that mine is better than every other religion but because i just don't care whether the truth is here or not. Infact, i'm not interested in the truth. "I JUST WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE"[quote author=Afam4eva]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=14pt]If there's one thing i've learned, it is that one person's light may be another person's darkness. People who convert always say that they've found the truth when it's actually the truth that they wanted to find that they did find.

@topic
There's nothing that can make me change my religion. Not because i feel that mine is better than every other religion but because i just don't care whether the truth is here or not. Infact, i'm not interested in the truth. "I JUST WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE"
[quote author=Afam4eva]

@topic
There's nothing that can make me change my religion. Not because i feel that mine is better than every other religion but because i just don't care whether the truth is here or not. Infact, i'm not interested in the truth. "I JUST WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE"

Am sorry to say this; Yhu are almost doomed if it is about just to live yhur life
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by eduson33(m): 6:31am On Mar 17, 2013
dont want to say anything,just SMH.

boko boiz are now the excuse..
smh x2
Trottle: Always a muslim coz nobody wish to be in darkness after you have seen the light. Atheist saying that there is no God hmm.... Una well done by the time you are buried in the grave and witness a new life entirely then you will be exposed to realities and it would be to late.those boko haram spoiling the image of islam,killing innocent people then they (boko haram)are almost like you atheist since as a muslim u never go against Allah and his prophet. Come to ISLAM,COME TO LIGHT NEVER BE AMONG THOSE THAT PERISH DUE TO STUBBORNESS

5 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 17, 2013
Trottle: ...those boko haram spoiling the image of islam,killing innocent people then they (boko haram)are almost like you atheist since as a muslim u never go against Allah and his prophet. Come to ISLAM,COME TO LItGHT NEVER BE AMONG THOSE THAT PERISH DUE TO STUBBORNESS

abeg, mclatunji, come carry ur pikins go back una section..

5 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by StateOfMind: 6:39am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]If there's one thing i've learned, it is that one person's light may be another person's darkness. People who convert always say that they've found the truth when it's actually the truth that they wanted to find that they did find.

@topic
There's nothing that can make me change my religion. Not because i feel that mine is better than every other religion but because i just don't care whether the truth is here or not. Infact, i'm not interested in the truth. I just want to live my life.[/size]

GBAM!.

My reason is this poster's reason.

Many atimes, people from the other religion have tried to convince me to change my religion, they tell me its the light and the truth. I tell them I think otherwise, nothing about them convinces me its the 'truth'. I was born and I grew in my religion, not exactly by choice but I don't seem to have a problem with the way I serve my God.

A Thousand of blasphemies and condemnable acts of some wouldn't change that.

Happy Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by chiefololade: 6:47am On Mar 17, 2013
Islam is my religion, and I don't think anytin can make me change dat!

5 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by StateOfMind: 6:48am On Mar 17, 2013
manosteel: When my religion starts planting bombs and grenades in other places of worship or starts fighting for the same God I assumed to be worshiping, then i will sign out from that religion and seek peace elsewhere.

You can only find peace within yourself first before you seek it elsewhere. If you are not peaceful as a person, then religion will not give you that peace. Would you leave your nationality or tribe because of the evils of a few? Its all about freedom of choice bro, but your seeking peace elsewhere line just seems out of place to me.

3 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Zeebah23(f): 6:50am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:

Afam has said it all.
@topic,I dunno yet.
[/size]
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Franknigga(m): 7:00am On Mar 17, 2013
[sub][/sub][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
musKeeto:
u dont need an oga at the top, you need a slap from above...
[color=#990000][quote author=musKeeto]
u dont need an oga at the top, what of oga at bottom
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:

@topic

This is why I dont believe in any religion.

Only a religious mind can think like this. How can a rational person say that he doesnt care what the truth is?

This person called Afam4Eva will pass on lies to his/her children and the cycle of ignorance will continue.

So many forigne countries have done away with religion, even the UK that brought christianity to us. We Nigerians need to see the light.

Facts made me leave religion all together. The fact that all religions are ethnocentric and inherently racist shows that they are man made. There is no universal religion. Arab main prophet for islam that started in Arab lands. Jewish prophets from moses to Jesus for chrisianiy and judaism etc.

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Morgan1092(m): 7:12am On Mar 17, 2013
Nothing can mek me change my religion. Owing 2 d fact dat nobody can acertain d true religion. How i my 2 be sure dat d 1 am changing to is better. #jst my tot#
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Morgan1092(m): 7:14am On Mar 17, 2013
jhydebaba: If I receive instructions from my oga at the top.
Can u just grow 4 1's.

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Dygeasy(m): 7:17am On Mar 17, 2013
I changed already! Sought peace, found it!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / Politics In Churches: Father Mbaka Apologises On Behalf Of Nigerian Pastors / Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.