Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? (800 Views)

Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? / Which Christianity? Pauline Or Jamesian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by jammyunn(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2013
I've had some discussions with christians and non-christians on this issue. I believe Paul taught the gospel of Jesus Christ but in a way that the churches he wrote to would understand. He said certain things based on what needed to be said at a time but all are linked to Christ. Some argue that Christ taught "work for the kingdom while having faith" while Paul taught grace and faith. A friend once told me that he accepts Christ but not Paul. He even quoted some Paul's teachings which might seem to contradict Jesus' teaching. Brethren, I need a clearer view of this.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by okeyxyz(m): 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
Jesus taught the law, not the Gospel. The difference between the law and gospel is that: one was preached in codes/symbols while the other is in plain understandable language. Jesus taught in parables, the understanding of his teachings were not revealed until after his resurrection, so his message could not be gospel if we did not understand them. We did not know that the law was abolished until after christ's death and resurrection, and the abolishment of the law is the core basis of gospel and without which there can be no gospel.

So, the letters of Paul, which happens to be the most exhaustive teachings on christian doctrine available to us, has been labeled "Pauline gospel", it reveals the true significance of christ's coming, death and resurrection. It brings proper understanding of christ's parables and the commandments in the law of Moses, hence we no longer follow the same interpretations we used to of christ and of the law. Ultimately, you cannot understand the true message of christ if you reject or do not understand the teachings of Paul.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by lanrexlan(m): 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
Paul has a different gospel from that of Christ.
1 Corinthians 4:16 (KJV) -Wherefore I beseech you,be ye followers of me(Paul).
2 Timothy 2:8 (KJV) -Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Romans 11:13 (KJV) -For I speak to you Gentiles,in as much as I am the apostle of the Gentiles,I magnify mine office:
1 Timothy 2:7 (KJV) -Whereunto I am ordained a preacher,and an apostle,a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
.Imagine,followers of Paul?
Paul for Gentiles,Jesus and his disciples for the lost sheep of Israel[Matthew 15:24,Matthew 10:5-6].Contradicting Jesus.
Hebrews 6:1 (KJV) -Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ,let us go on unto perfection;not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,.So,Paul has perfect doctrine apart from that of Christ? Then you will see Paul contradicting 'Jesus' teachings.
'Jesus' said when you meet one another,greet yourselves with Peace[Luke 10:5-6],but Paul said No greet yourselves with a holy kiss[2 Corinthians 13:12].Jesus was circumcised[Luke 2:21],but Paul Condemned Circumcision[Galatians 5:2-3].Then he tried to destroy the GOD's law which Jesus came to fulfil[Matthew 5:17]as he said Galatians 3:24-25 (KJV) -Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ,that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come,we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Then,he gave the licence to use lie to propagate his gospel.
Romans 3:7 (KJV) -For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory;why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
2 Corinthians 12:16 (KJV) -But be it so,I did not burden you: nevertheless,being crafty,I caught you with guile.
Philippians 1:18(KJV) -What then? notwithstanding, every way,whether in pretence or in truth,Christ is preached ; and I therein do rejoice,yea,and will rejoice
.Are all these the ways of the true Christ?

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by jammyunn(m): 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: Paul has a different gospel from that of Christ.
1 Corinthians 4:16 (KJV) -Wherefore I beseech you,be ye followers of me(Paul).
2 Timothy 2:8 (KJV) -Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Romans 11:13 (KJV) -For I speak to you Gentiles,in as much as I am the apostle of the Gentiles,I magnify mine office:
1 Timothy 2:7 (KJV) -Whereunto I am ordained a preacher,and an apostle,a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
.Imagine,followers of Paul?
Paul for Gentiles,Jesus and his disciples for the lost sheep of Israel[Matthew 15:24,Matthew 10:5-6].Contradicting Jesus.
Hebrews 6:1 (KJV) -Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ,let us go on unto perfection;not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,.So,Paul has perfect doctrine apart from that of Christ? Then you will see Paul contradicting 'Jesus' teachings.
'Jesus' said when you meet one another,greet yourselves with Peace[Luke 10:5-6],but Paul said No greet yourselves with a holy kiss[2 Corinthians 13:12].Jesus was circumcised[Luke 2:21],but Paul Condemned Circumcision[Galatians 5:2-3].Then he tried to destroy the GOD's law which Jesus came to fulfil[Matthew 5:17]as he said Galatians 3:24-25 (KJV) -Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ,that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come,we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Then,he gave the licence to use lie to propagate his gospel.
Romans 3:7 (KJV) -For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory;why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
2 Corinthians 12:16 (KJV) -But be it so,I did not burden you: nevertheless,being crafty,I caught you with guile.
Philippians 1:18(KJV) -What then? notwithstanding, every way,whether in pretence or in truth,Christ is preached ; and I therein do rejoice,yea,and will rejoice
.Are all these the ways of the true Christ?
Paul didn't contradict Jesus, he made clearer the purpose of the coming of Christ. Bro it's safe to say you believe in Jesus' teaching than any other person?
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by lanrexlan(m): 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
jammyunn: Paul didn't contradict Jesus, he made clearer the purpose of the coming of Christ. Bro it's safe to say you believe in Jesus' teaching than any other person?
Abeg jare,why don't you explain all what's written up there? Let me add this for you,Jesus said Matthew 6:14-15 (KJV) -For if ye forgive men their trespasses,your heavenly Father will also forgive you:But if ye forgive not men their trespasses,neither will your Father forgive your trespasses..But I think Paul never knew about the Lord's prayer,Instead of forgiving people of their trespasses,he handed them over to the devil.1 Timothy 1:20 (KJV) -Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander;whom I have delivered unto Satan,that they may learn not to blaspheme..Imagine,two precious souls instead Paul should forgive them as taught by Jesus,he handed them over to satan.Is he contradicting Jesus or not?
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by jammyunn(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: Abeg jare,why don't you explain all what's written up there? Let me add this for you,Jesus said Matthew 6:14-15 (KJV) -For if ye forgive men their trespasses,your heavenly Father will also forgive you:But if ye forgive not men their trespasses,neither will your Father forgive your trespasses..But I think Paul never knew about the Lord's prayer,Instead of forgiving people of their trespasses,he handed them over to the devil.1 Timothy 1:20 (KJV) -Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander;whom I have delivered unto Satan,that they may learn not to blaspheme..Imagine,two precious souls instead Paul should forgive them as taught by Jesus,he handed them over to satan.Is he contradicting Jesus or not?
you have not answered my question bro.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by jammyunn(m): 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
More answers needed!
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by lanrexlan(m): 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
jammyunn: you have not answered my question bro?
Yes,I believed in the true Christ Teachings.Now,answer my questions bro.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by jammyunn(m): 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: Yes,I believed in the true Christ Teachings.Now,answer my questions bro.
Believed? So you no longer believe? There's nothing to explain to you because as an unbeliever, you won't understand at this point. So let's start from the basics. PM me, I don't want this thread derailed and don't think I'm in for arguments.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by lanrexlan(m): 9:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
jammyunn: Believed? So you no longer believe? There's nothing to explain to you because as an unbeliever, you won't understand at this point. So let's start from the basics. PM me, I don't want this thread derailed and don't think I'm in for arguments.
Was Christ's message meant for the whole humanity? Imagine,you even called me an unbeliever!!! That's unfair,I am not in for arguments either.....Peace
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by jammyunn(m): 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: Was Christ's message meant for the whole humanity? Imagine,you even called me an unbeliever!!! That's unfair,I am not in for arguments either.....Peace
PM me if you want to learn...that's all bro.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by lanrexlan(m): 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
jammyunn: PM me if you want to learn...that's all bro.
Lol,teach whatsoever you wanna teach here.I answered your question but you failed to answer mine.....Peace
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by jammyunn(m): 10:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: Lol,teach whatsoever you wanna teach here.I answered your question but you failed to answer mine.....Peace
funny, to derail this thread? No way! When you're ready to learn, let me know. I can't answer a question you don't know the root and basics. I'm not ready for any christian/muslim or atheist war.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by lanrexlan(m): 10:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
jammyunn: funny, to derail this thread? No way! When you're ready to learn, let me know. I can't answer a question you don't know the root and basics. I'm not ready for any christian/muslim or atheist war.
Lol,Learn? I asked you questions you can't answer and you wanna teach me? Enjoy your thread sire.....Peace
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by jammyunn(m): 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: Lol,Learn? I asked you questions you can't answer and you wanna teach me? Enjoy your thread sire.....Peace
hahaha, i definitely have an answer for you bro.

1. Alive in Christ
Jesus
"For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes," (John 5:21).
Paul
"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive," (1 Cor. 15:22).

2. Anxiety
Jesus
"For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing?" (Matt. 6:25).
Paul
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God," (Phil. 4:6).

3. Atonement
Jesus
"I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep," (John 10:11)
Paul
"and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma," (Eph. 5:2).

4. Deity of Jesus
Jesus
"Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am," (John 8:58). Compare with Exodus 3:14, "And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you."
Paul
"For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form," (Col. 2:9). See also, Phil. 2:5-8.

5. Forgiveness
Jesus
"For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you," (Matt. 6:14).
Paul
"And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you," (Eph. 4:32).

6. Jesus is the only way
Jesus
"Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me," (John 14:6).
Paul
"For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," (1 Tim. 2:5).

7. Justification by faith
Jesus
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life," (John 5:24). See also John 3:16-18; Luke 18:9-13.
Paul
"Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ," (Rom. 5:1).

8. The Law,
Jesus
"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill," (Matt. 5:17).
Paul
"Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law," (Rom. 3:31).
"What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise," (Gal. 3:17).

9. Living the Law
Jesus
"You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself," (Matt. 19:18-19).
Paul
"Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9 For this, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; love therefore is the fulfillment of the law," (Rom. 13:8-10)

10. Predestination
Jesus
"Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given," (Matt. 19:11).
"All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out," (John 6:37).
"No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day," (John 6:44).
"For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father," (John 6:65).
Paul
"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will... 11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will," (Eph. 1:5,11).

11. Resurrection
Jesus
"The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men; 23 and they will kill Him, and He will be raised on the third day," (Matt. 17:22-23).
Paul
"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures," (1 Cor. 15:3-4).

12. Rewards and Punishment
Jesus
"For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and will then recompense every man according to his deeds," (Matt. 16:27).
Paul
"who will render to every man according to his deeds," (Rom. 2:6).

13. Sinfulness of man
Jesus
"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. 20 "These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man," (Matt. 15:19-20).
Paul
"There is none who understands, There is none who seeks for God; 12 All have turned aside, together they have become useless; There is none who does good, There is not even one," (Rom. 3:11-12).

14. Tradition
Jesus
"And why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?" (Matt. 15:3).
Paul
"See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ," (Col. 2: 8 ).

15. Works Righteousness denied
Jesus
"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness," (Matt. 7:22-23).
Paul
"Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "The righteous man shall live by faith," (Gal. 3:11).

As you can see, this brief list demonstrates that Jesus and Paul both taught the same thing.

Whatever Paul teaches was revealed to him by Christ whether or not you believe and can NEVER be contradictory.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by jammyunn(m): 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
I'm not writing for you to believe, it's up to you bro. I know you're gonna come up with your arguments/sentiments, lol.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by lanrexlan(m): 8:20am On Oct 21, 2013
jammyunn: hahaha,i definitely have an answer for you bro.
Better.
1.Alive in Christ Jesus "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life,even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes,(John 5:21).
Paul "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive,"(1 Cor. 15:22).
Ok
2Anxiety Jesus "For this reason I say to you,do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat,or what you shall drink; nor for your body,as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing?" (Matt. 6:25).
Paul "Be anxious for nothing,but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God," (Phil. 4:6)
Ok
3.Atonement Jesus "I am the good shepherd;the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep, (John 10:11)
Paul "and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you,and gave Himself up for us,an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma," (Eph. 5:2).
Then Paul contradicted himself in Hebrews 5:7 when he said Jesus was saved from death.
4. Deity of Jesus Jesus "Truly, truly, I say to you,before Abraham was born,I am," (John 8:58).Compare with Exodus 3:14, "And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel,"I AM has sent me to you." Paul "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form," (Col. 2:9). See also, Phil. 2:5-8.
Contradicted by John 17:3 which says Jesus was sent as a messenger from God.
5. Forgiveness Jesus "For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you," (Matt. 6:14).
Paul "And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you," (Eph. 4:32).
Then,why didn't Paul forgive those that wrong him? Instead,he handed them over to the devil[1 Timothy 1:20].Contradicting himself and Jesus.
He again contradicted Jesus when he says in Ephesians 1:7 -In him we have redemption through his blood,the forgiveness of our trespasses,according to the riches of his grace.Forgiveness of trespasses is from God and not through blood.
6.Jesus is the only way Jesus "Jesus said to him,"I am the Way,and the Truth, and the Life;no one comes to the Father, but through Me,(John 14:6).
Paul "For there is one God,and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," (1 Tim. 2:5).
Then,this contradicted the deity of Christ.
7Justification by faith Jesus "Truly, truly,I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life,and does not come into judgment,but has passed out of death into life,(John 5:24).See also John 3:16-18; Luke 18:9-13. Paul "Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ," (Rom. 5:1).
This again contradicted Matthew12:37 -For by your words you will be justified,and by your words you will be condemned.
8.The Law,Jesus "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish,but to fulfill," (Matt. 5:17). Paul "Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary,we establish the Law," (Rom. 3:31).What I am saying is this:the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God,so as to nullify the promise," (Gal. 3:17).
Contradicted by Galatians 3:13 when Paul says Christ has redeemed them from the law having becoming a curse for them.
Also contradicted by Romans 10:4 -For Christ is the end of the law,that every one who has faith may be justified..
9.Living the Law Jesus "You shall not commit murder;You shall not commit adultery;You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother;and You shall love your neighbor as yourself," (Matt. 19:18-19). Paul "Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another;for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.9 For this, "You shall not commit adultery,You shall not murder, You shall not steal,You shall not covet,and if there is any other commandment,it is summed up in this saying,You shall love your neighbor as yourself.10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor;love therefore is the fulfillment of the law,(Rom. 13:8-10)
Look at the bold very well,Paul again contradicted Jesus when Jesus said in Matthew 22:37-39 -And he said to him,You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,and with all your soul,and with all your mind.This is the great and first commandment.And a second is like it,You shall love your neighbor as yourself.On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets..Paul said if there's any other commandment,it's 'Love your neighbor as thyself' and Jesus said the greatest commandment is 'Love God with all your heart and soul'.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by Emusan(m): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2013
lanrexlan: Better.
Ok

Ok

Then Paul contradicted himself in Hebrews 5:7 when he said Jesus was saved from death.

Contradicted by John 17:3 which says Jesus was sent as a messenger from God.

Then,why didn't Paul forgive those that wrong him? Instead,he handed them over to the devil[1 Timothy 1:20].Contradicting himself and Jesus.
He again contradicted Jesus when he says in Ephesians 1:7 -In him we have redemption through his blood,the forgiveness of our trespasses,according to the riches of his grace.Forgiveness of trespasses is from God and not through blood.
Then,this contradicted the deity of Christ.

This again contradicted Matthew12:37 -For by your words you will be justified,and by your words you will be condemned.

Contradicted by Galatians 3:13 when Paul says Christ has redeemed them from the law having becoming a curse for them.
Also contradicted by Romans 10:4 -For Christ is the end of the law,that every one who has faith may be justified..
Look at the bold very well,Paul again contradicted Jesus when Jesus said in Matthew 22:37-39 -And he said to him,You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,and with all your soul,and with all your mind.This is the great and first commandment.And a second is like it,You shall love your neighbor as yourself.On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets..Paul said if there's any other commandment,it's 'Love your neighbor as thyself' and Jesus said the greatest commandment is 'Love God with all your heart and soul'.

If not because you have problem you quickly cherry pick as usual now that the Op has cleared the point you resolted to contradiction.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by lanrexlan(m): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2013
jammyunn: 10Predestination Jesus "Not all men can accept this statement,but only those to whom it has been given,(Matt. 19:11).All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me,and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out," (John 6:37).No one can come to Me,unless the Father who sent Me draws him;and I will raise him up on the last day,(John 6:44).For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me,unless it has been granted him from the Father,(John 6:65). Paul "He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself,according to the kind intention of His will 11 also we have obtained an inheritance,having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will," (Eph. 1:5,11).
Ok
11.Resurrection Jesus "The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men; 23 and they will kill Him, and He will be raised on the third day," (Matt. 17:22-23). Paul "For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received,that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,4and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures(1 Cor. 15:3-4).
Contradicted by Matthew 12:40-The sign of prophet Jonah,he was alive for 3 days and 3 nights.Does Christ fulfilled that?
12.Rewards and Punishment Jesus "For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and will then recompense every man according to his deeds,(Matt. 16:27). Paul "who will render to every man according to his deeds," (Rom. 2:6).
Contradicted by salvation through grace and faith.Romans 3:24 -They are justified by his grace as a gift,through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus.
Romans 3:28 -For we hold that a man is justified by faith apart from works of law. Romans 5:9 -Since,therefore,we are now justified by his blood,much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

13. Sinfulness of man Jesus "For out of the heart come evil thoughts,murders, adulteries,fornications,thefts,false witness, slanders. 20 "These are the things which defile the man;but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man," (Matt. 15:19-20). Paul "There is none who understands,There is none who seeks for God; 12 All have turned aside,together they have become useless;There is none who does good,There is not even one," (Rom. 3:11-12).
Ok
14.Tradition Jesus "And why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?" (Matt. 15:3). Paul "See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception,according to the tradition of men,according to the elementary principles of the world,rather than according to Christ," (Col. 2: 8 ).
Ok
15. Works Righteousness denied Jesus "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name,and in Your name cast out demons,and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them,I never knew you;depart from Me,you who practice lawlessness,(Matt. 7:22-23). Paul "Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "The righteous man shall live by faith," (Gal. 3:11).
As you can see, this brief list demonstrates that Jesus and Paul both taught the same thing. Whatever Paul teaches was revealed to him by Christ whether or not you believe and can NEVER be contradictory.
You tried bro,they agreed on some and contradict on many.See Another Paul's Folly in Acts 9:3-8 Versus Acts 22:8-9.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by lanrexlan(m): 8:57am On Oct 21, 2013
Emusan:

If not because you have problem you quickly cherry pick as usual now that the Op has cleared the point you resolted to contradiction.
I am not cherry picking,I am banana picking.What's my initial post? Paul contradicting Jesus' teachings,that's what I started with.If I have problem,then you have a problem greater than mine. Smh
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by lanrexlan(m): 9:02am On Oct 21, 2013
jammyunn: I'm not writing for you to believe, it's up to you bro. I know you're gonna come up with your arguments/sentiments, lol.
Fabulous,apart from Paul contradicting Jesus,he even contradicted himself on many occasions but I am not in for that,enjoy your thread sire.Thank you for your time.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by Emusan(m): 9:47am On Oct 21, 2013
lanrexlan: I am not cherry picking,I am banana picking.What's my initial post? Paul contradicting Jesus' teachings,that's what I started with.If I have problem,then you have a problem greater than mine. Smh

To your best now you might think you know Bible very well but of which most things you believe you know in Bible is upside down/twisting message to suit yourself.
For instance you & your co always used Heb 5:7 as key that God saved Jesus from death but see what Paul said in that verse clearly

Heb 5:7 "During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submision..NIV"
Now the first sentence is "During the days(plural) of Jesus' life on earth"......that is throughout His life on earth He always offered a prayer NOT only when He was about to cruxify....even on the Cross He still prayed with agony & submision....."Father forgive them for they know not what they're doing, and finally.....Father unto thy hand I commit my soul" Lewise the next sentence "He offered up prayers(plural) and petitions(plural).....always check sentence composition before you infer your point.

Whatever you believe about Jesus it doesn't change anything even if you claim He doesn't exist.......Many Non-Christians ancient Historian wrote about His death and the persecution on early Churches....it is you to ask yourself this simple question, why Muhammad has to reject Jesus' death?

You can be deceived by people for many years there's a tendency of finding the truth one day but if you're deceiving yourself it will only take the grace of God to find out.....TO THY OWN SELF BE TRUE!
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by jammyunn(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
Emusan:

To your best now you might think you know Bible very well but of which most things you believe you know in Bible is upside down/twisting message to suit yourself.
For instance you & your co always used Heb 5:7 as key that God saved Jesus from death but see what Paul said in that verse clearly

Heb 5:7 "During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submision..NIV"
Now the first sentence is "During the days(plural) of Jesus' life on earth"......that is throughout His life on earth He always offered a prayer NOT only when He was about to cruxify....even on the Cross He still prayed with agony & submision....."Father forgive them for they know not what they're doing, and finally.....Father unto thy hand I commit my soul" Lewise the next sentence "He offered up prayers(plural) and petitions(plural).....always check sentence composition before you infer your point.

Whatever you believe about Jesus it doesn't change anything even if you claim He doesn't exist.......Many Non-Christians ancient Historian wrote about His death and the persecution on early Churches....it is you to ask yourself this simple question, why Muhammad has to reject Jesus' death?

You can be deceived by people for many years there's a tendency of finding the truth one day but if you're deceiving yourself it will only take the grace of God to find out.....TO THY OWN SELF BE TRUE!
I've answered him bro, I know what he wants but I'll only answer him if he creates a thread or sends me a PM.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by lanrexlan(m): 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Emusan:

**Yawns**

I think you are the one trying to shy away from the rest of the message.

Hebrews 5:7 (NIV) -During the days of Jesus' life on earth,he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death,and he was heard because of his reverent submission..What about the one who could save him from death? Which death? Have you forgotten Jesus didn't wanna die when he was praying with loud cries at the Gate of Gethsemane? Read this Matthew 26:39 (NIV) -Going a little farther,he fell with his face to the ground and prayed,My Father,if it is possible,may this cup be taken from me.Yet not as I will,but as you will..He repeated this prayer three times[Matthew 26:44].Then,according to Hebrews 5:7 which says
he was heard and save from the death.Meaning God heard Jesus prayers and save him from death(Crucifixion).
There are many early christians who rejected the crucifixion and deity of Christ.

Who's being deceived now? Me or you? I am done with the op and I am not here for you,take care.

jammyunn: I've answered him bro,I know what he wants but I'll only answer him if he creates a thread or sends me a PM.
You answered some of my questions and shun the rest,I appreciated the ones you answered.Thank you for your time.**unfollows thread**.....Peace
Re: Is There Anything Like "Pauline" Gospel? by Emusan(m): 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
lanrexlan: **Yawns**
I think you are the one trying to shy away from the rest of the message.

Hebrews 5:7 (NIV) -During the days of Jesus' life on earth,he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death,and he was heard because of his reverent submission..What about the one who could save him from death? Which death? Have you forgotten Jesus didn't wanna die when he was praying with loud cries at the Gate of Gethsemane? Read this Matthew 26:39 (NIV) -Going a little farther,he fell with his face to the ground and prayed,My Father,if it is possible,may this cup be taken from me.Yet not as I will,but as you will..He repeated this prayer three times[Matthew 26:44].Then,according to Hebrews 5:7 which says
he was heard and save from the death.Meaning God heard Jesus prayers and save him from death(Crucifixion).
There are many early christians who rejected the crucifixion and deity of Christ.

Who's being deceived now? Me or you? I am done with the op and I am not here for you,take care.

I know you have problem with Basic English.....did Heb 5:7 says when Jesus was about to crucified that He prayed or was it only that time Jesus prayed and cried in the Bible?
I shown you the verse says During the [size=14pt]DAYS,[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Bishop David O Oyedepo In Uyo / Is Kissing A Sin? / For all NairaLanders: The Extremist Muslim And The True, Practising Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.