Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? (1994 Views)

Networking Computer With Wi-free Plus Swift 4g Procedure Needed / How Fast Is MTN BIS With Wi-free Or Sandwich / New Ipad 2 With Wi-fi 16 Gb For N120,000, 32gb For N135,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by baba11(m): 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
tunshe:

On point bro, that's the fear!
best thing to do here is to only use it on a trusted network and system.I can't afford to lose any of my files and docs for any reason!
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by onegig(m): 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
baba11: 1GB pry memory,what a size!mine is even 2GB,i dey complain,u dey try no b small,lol!!!

Lol!...

However, onegig has a meaning which is not literal.
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by onegig(m): 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ardedaryor:
@bolded: me río en español (i laugh in spanish

U are still doubting the pace at which technology is advancing ike a rocket¿¿ nw, he who say something isnt possible is been disturb by d person doing it

I am not... Its just reality. You can't do away with Personal computers. Fact.
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by baba11(m): 12:13am On Oct 24, 2013
onegig:

I am not... Its just reality. You can't do away with Personal computers. Fact.
I'm beginning to think otherwise,you know Microsoft just acquired Nokia some months ago,because of this they can achieve alot since they are @ the helms of affairs#just saying sha!
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by onegig(m): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2013
baba11: I'm beginning to think otherwise,you know Microsoft just acquired Nokia some months ago,because of this they can achieve alot since they are @ the helms of affairs#just saying sha!
hmmm... Lets see what would happen to OEM producers of pc. A company can't determine the trend of technology. Just an example i have lots of people who still stuck to their win 7 because of the look of win 8. They said what they want is a pc and not another computer looking like a smart phone. Reason why the start button is returning with win 8.1. Thats just one example.
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by ccharlex: 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
This is a great innovation deols, think of it as your Cloud drive, dat u can have almost everywhere you go, and you can have ur music, videos & large files u work with a lot can be handy anytime u needed it. U are a pioneer & u should enjoy it, was thinking of getting one myself dat I can use & share with my family.
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by deols(f): 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
ccharlex: This is a great innovation deols, think of it as your Cloud drive, dat u can have almost everywhere you go, and you can have ur music, videos & large files u work with a lot can be handy anytime u needed it. U are a pioneer & u should enjoy it, was thinking of getting one myself dat I can use & share with my family.

Thank you. I enjoy it now..very well. smiley
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by akorsson(m): 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
Make cool cash from your dead inverter batteries and other heavy duty batteries. Contact padre tech on 07088148672 or bbm on 2B08889C
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by baba11(m): 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
akorsson :
Make cool cash from your dead inverter batteries and other heavy duty batteries. Contact padre tech on 07088148672 or bbm on 2B08889C
Ads galore....op u'll buy it @ a very good price(a unit).
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by akorsson(m): 6:45am On Oct 28, 2013
baba11: Ads galore....op u'll buy it @ a very good price(a unit).
yeah we buy @ good prices
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by baba11(m): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2013
onegig: hmmm... Lets see what would happen to OEM producers of pc. A company can't determine the trend of technology. Just an example i have lots of people who still stuck to their win 7 because of the look of win 8. They said what they want is a pc and not another computer looking like a smart phone. Reason why the start button is returning with win 8.1. Thats just one example.
A company can determine the trend of anything.I have a few examples here:1)White and black tv,does pple still use it?No,why?because of the invention of coloured tv 2)Nokia fone,they were household names @ house when it comes to mobile devices,now where are they?They are gradually moving into oblivion not thanks to android,bb,China fone and ifone.All companies do not stop doing research because they know by so doing they may be force out of market.
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by onegig(m): 11:40am On Oct 29, 2013
baba11: A company can determine the trend of anything.I have a few examples here:1)White and black tv,does pple still use it?No,why?because of the invention of coloured tv 2)Nokia fone,they were household names @ house when it comes to mobile devices,now where are they?They are gradually moving into oblivion not thanks to android,bb,China fone and ifone.All companies do not stop doing research because they know by so doing they may be force out of market.

Tvs are still tvs and i did agree that we moved from black and white to coloureds ones but they are still tvs. All i am saying is the PC would evolve i.e increased speed and all those but it ain't going anywhere. That you watch internet tv on your pc has not lead to the extinction of tvs. Thats what you need to understand. No matter the proliferation of smartphones and tablets. Personal computers would still be in vogue. For light users of computers they might find it easy to move on to tablets but to heavy and average users then not totally possible. I was working on my phone today but when i needed to do batch processing of some images i had no option that to first transfer to my system and do the work . I hope you get it. A new company can bring a new product but they can't single handedly dictate the trend of technology.
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by deols(f): 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
onegig:

Tvs are still tvs and i did agree that we moved from black and white to coloureds ones but they are still tvs. All i am saying is the PC would evolve i.e increased speed and all those but it ain't going anywhere. That you watch internet tv on your pc has not lead to the extinction of tvs. Thats what you need to understand. No matter the proliferation of smartphones and tablets. Personal computers would still be in vogue. For light users of computers they might find it easy to move on to tablets but to heavy and average users then not totally possible. I was working on my phone today but when i needed to do batch processing of some images i had no option that to first transfer to my system and do the work . I hope you get it. A new company can bring a new product but they can't single handedly dictate the trend of technology.

For how long do you think pcs would be in vogue? There are children being born, you know, who may never have to use pcs. They may start by using tablets and is what they will get comfortable with.

By the time your friends and you are pretty old, your grand children might be laughing at why you wouldn't embrace 'technology'
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by onegig(m): 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
deols:

For how long do you think pcs would be in vogue? There are children being born, you know, who may never have to use pcs. They may start by using tablets and is what they will get comfortable with.

By the time your friends and you are pretty old, your grand children might be laughing at why you wouldn't embrace 'technology'
Deols. . They won't go extinct because i want them to be around but because it is the fact. Unless we can unlock the powers of nano technology and quantum computing i fear we would still have to stick with our pcs for a lot of years. Tell me how you will deal with expansion slots or added Nic's . Gaming needs, editing. Conventional keyboards and so on. I am just being realistic. I know and understand the limits of technology we have now and its not yet time to discard the pcs because there's nothing to function in their place not even your smart phones and tablets.

Deols..its just like someone telling you humans could achieve and perfect dna alteration, reconstruction in the next 50 years. Possible but not realistic yet. Or maybe someone telling me the moon could be made habitable or maybe flying cars would replace normal cars.
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by onegig(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
The fact that the
PCs aren’t going to be extinct
has also been acknowledged by
Intel’s executive Paul Otellini
when he clearly stated that
though the tech industry has
moved from personal
computers to personal
computing, it doesn’t mean that
PCs are going to be dead.
Strengthening his above
statement, Otellini said, “There
are going to be computers all
around us and in different form
factors. The PC is not going to go
away anytime soon, if ever. It’s
going to continue to evolve.” So,
when Mr. Otellini acknowledges
this fact, then I think all of us
have a good reason to believe
that too.

Just wake me up when you have a tablet running an as atm machine or you host your oracle database on your tablet or maybe you started programming in java or html on your mobile devices.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by baba11(m): 6:42am On Oct 30, 2013
onegig:

A company cannot dictate the pace of technology but they can set pace for others to evolve.Usage of nanotechnology has greatly improved technology nowadays and they are beginning to think on how they can make IT devices to be portable and easily move around.If someone tell u that desktop'll be regard as a kind of junks in some years back,would u agree?U never can tell,if tablet can be made faster,increase interactive environs.(interface) etc,What other things do we need pcs for?#just my saying!
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by baba11(m): 6:46am On Oct 30, 2013
deols:

Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by baba11(m): 6:49am On Oct 30, 2013
onegig: The fact that the
PCs aren’t going to be extinct
has also been acknowledged by
Intel’s executive Paul Otellini
when he clearly stated that
though the tech industry has
moved from personal
computers to personal
computing, it doesn’t mean that
PCs are going to be dead.
Strengthening his above
statement, Otellini said, “There
are going to be computers all
around us and in different form
factors. The PC is not going to go
away anytime soon, if ever. It’s
going to continue to evolve.” So,
when Mr. Otellini acknowledges
this fact, then I think all of us
have a good reason to believe
that too.

Just wake me up when you have a tablet running an as atm machine or you host your oracle database on your tablet or maybe you started programming in java or html on your mobile devices.
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by onegig(m): 10:10am On Oct 30, 2013
baba11: A company cannot dictate the pace of technology but they can set pace for others to evolve.Usage of nanotechnology has greatly improved technology nowadays and they are beginning to think on how they can make IT devices to be portable and easily move around.If someone tell u that desktop'll be regard as a kind of junks in some years back,would u agree?U never can tell,if tablet can be made faster,increase interactive environs.(interface) etc,What other things do we need pcs for?#just my saying!

Desktop are now junks?? grin grin grin

Hmmm....I guess you are basing your facts and viewpoints from the home users point of views. How many Offices have you entered and seen laptops at the workstation?
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by baba11(m): 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
@ 1GB:I based my judgement based on general perspective and my personal observations.U hardly see people making reference to CPU nowadays,its popularity has waned and still dwindling everyday,besides,much emphasize is placed on laptop.I remember when i was doing my interns,CPU was using mostly in my coy but whenever they wanted to purchase a system,they went for laptop.Without saying much ado,i think these are the signs of a 'drowning' device.Phcn has even made it worst,it's just a matter of time before it's phased out totally!
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by tunshe: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2013
I have learned a lot here, both one gig and baba11 are on point.

However, onegig is not denying the fact that technological advancement will face out personal computers but not in the nearest future.

Desktop computers are now flat screened but the CPU still have make provisions for gaming, graphic, expansion ports........still very relevant in the corporate world.

The Microsoft surface Pro cannot displace my laptop especially with the 128 GB HDD.

Bottom line is that a tablet cannot displace a laptop for now, maybe in the future.
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by baba11(m): 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
tunshe: I have learned a lot here, both one gig and baba11 are on point.

However, onegig is not denying the fact that technological advancement will face out personal computers but not in the nearest future.

Desktop computers are now flat screened but the CPU still have make provisions for gaming, graphic, expansion ports........still very relevant in the corporate world.

The Microsoft surface Pro cannot displace my laptop especially with the 128 GB HDD.

Bottom line is that a tablet cannot displace a laptop for now, maybe in the future.
.....agreed!

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by onegig(m): 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
tunshe: I have learned a lot here, both one gig and baba11 are on point.

abi. Thanks . And i see Baba has finally agreed to things . Lol.
Re: Do You Have A Hardrive With Wi Fi or Understand How it Works?? by tunshe: 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
onegig: abi. Thanks . And i see Baba has finally agreed to things . Lol.

Both of you are intellectuals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hp Pavillon Core I5 10th Gen…. / Windows Vs Mac Vs Linux: The Pros And Cons / Neatly Used Mtn Hynetflex Router With Usb Cable For Power Bank Charging..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.