Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? (6598 Views)

Listen To Wazobia Fm Live Online And Video / Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station / Eko FM and Radio Lagos Go Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by winnteam(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2008
The first time I listened to cool fm I loved the station.
But, suddenly some [size=16pt]"FAKE"[/size] oyinbo's joined them and now I hate cool fm with a passion.

Then came wazobia fm with Mashe and Yo yo yo.
I LOVE THIS STATION because they are [size=20pt]"real"[/size] unlike the fake people in cool fm.
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2008
Let me tell you why you hate Cool FM now. You're one of the I-am-Nigerian-and-proudly-so people, so, for one thing, the Wazobia name really gets to you. Then you listen to Cool FM and you hear all the foreign music and foreign accents in their presenters and it puts you off.

I LOVE Cool FM. They're one of the best down here, if not the best.
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by sloobtv: 1:01am On Jul 09, 2008
na wazobia me i love pass
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by sloobtv: 1:01am On Jul 09, 2008
na wazobia me i love pass
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by winnteam(m): 6:05pm On Jul 09, 2008
mactao:

Let me tell you why you hate Cool FM now. You're one of the I-am-Nigerian-and-proudly-so people, so, for one thing, the Wazobia name really gets to you. Then you listen to Cool FM and you hear all the foreign music and foreign accents in their presenters and it puts you off.

I LOVE Cool FM. They're one of the best down here, if not the best.

I HAVE NO APOLOGIES FOR THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT COOL FM.

FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T YOU GET SICK WHEN FELLOW NIGERIANS (YORUBA'S, IBO'S AND CO.) PRONOUNCE NIGERIAN NAME AS THOUGH THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD TH NAMES PRONOUNCED BEFORE.

IF YOU ARE NOT, , WELL I AM AND I BELIEVE I SPEAK FOR A MILLION OTHER NIGERIANS.

And what in the world if I may ask you is wrong with "I-am-Nigerian-and-proudly-so people"?

Are you one of those who are ashamed to be identified as a Nigerian?

Well, I AM NOT!!
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2008
winnteam:

I HAVE NO APOLOGIES FOR THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT COOL FM.

FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T YOU GET SICK WHEN FELLOW NIGERIANS (YORUBA'S, IBO'S AND CO.) PRONOUNCE NIGERIAN NAME AS THOUGH THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD TH NAMES PRONOUNCED BEFORE.

IF YOU ARE NOT, , WELL I AM AND I BELIEVE I SPEAK FOR A MILLION OTHER NIGERIANS.

And what in the world if I may ask you is wrong with "I-am-Nigerian-and-proudly-so people"?

Are you one of those who are ashamed to be identified as a Nigerian?

Well, I AM NOT!!

I do not think you should have apologies about the way you feel about Cool FM. There's absolutely nothing wrong with I-am-Nigerian-and-proudly so people, except that sometimes, they're overzealous. And, I'm not ashamed of Nigeria; I would wear a green-white-green shirt anywhere and anyday and anytime.

But you see, I do not agree when you say they pronounce Nigerian names like they've never heard them pronounced before. Their English isn't your average Nigerian accent, but when they pronounce Yoruba names especially (see, most of them are Yoruba), it stands out. Because they actually take a break from those accents. You probably don't listen well enough to take not of that, or you've already had it imprinted on your mind that they pronounce in unappealing ways, and you hear exactly what you want to hear.

And, beside the point, don't shout. It's quite nauseating.
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by winnteam(m): 11:15pm On Jul 09, 2008
Can someone really be overzealous about his being proud to be a citizen of a country? I think not.

For your information I do not think wazobia fm is as old as cool fm. But don't you think whoever set up the station also noticed the obvious? In fact I am informed that wzobia fm belongs to cool fm (i do not know). But if it does then it means they themselves realized the "dysfunction" in their broadcast.

I still believe we should be "real". A lot of these guys even struggle with the fake accents.

Remember we are in Nigeria, they are speaking to predominantly Nigerians and it just doesn't work.

Have you had the priviledge of listening to seasoned broadcasters like Sunny Irabor and co? They always talk about when they were in training how they had to practice correct pronunciation of both Nigerian and foreign names.

Our affinity for the western way of doing things has robbed us of our very existence.

Do these guys ever go for training? Or thy just jump into the studio and begin to go on and on.

Or is it the Dan Forster factor? Even the man does his best to be a "Nigerian".

Are you one of them in cool fm?

Anyway, one man meat is another's poison.
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by shilling(f): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2008
winnteam:

Can someone really be overzealous about his being proud to be a citizen of a country? I think not.

You're right. You can never be too proud of your country.
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Joan2(f): 11:32am On Jul 10, 2008
Hi,
Wazobia Fm with Yo Yo Yo is cool
I think it is ok for every Nigerian
When I really want to listen to some Naija music or hear pidgin and really feel at home with my surroundings I listen to Wazobia more over I like Yo

But COOL FM is the bomb
I've been listening to cool fm since like forever
And I want to tell u, U sure are missing a lot
Let us face fact.
Dan is the only Oyibo and Dan tries as much as he can to pronounce Nigerian names well

You should know that it is really difficult for him but he does

Every other presenter pronounces the names well,
I bet there are some Nigerian names u cannot really pronounce well.

24/7 it is cool fm baby

From Dan to Freeze, to Ejike to Manny, to Gbemi to Chidinma to Oliseh, to Vickky name it
Bros u dey miss.

Cool Fm brightens my day from Morn to night

If u like Wazobia Fm like I said it is your choice but do not beef Cool,

Cool plays my kind of music - Naija, Rock, Pop, Hip HOp, blues, name it.

Change ur mind it is Cool Fm baby 96.9
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Bamsyle(m): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Winnteam/Poster
Our affinity for the western way of doing things has robbed us of our very existence.

You are very very right. I agree with you and as you also noted, even Dan Foster who is American tries to pronounce Naija words and names correctly. But I don't even have any problem with Cool FM.

My major grouse is with Rhythm FM 93.7 angry angry angry Lord of Mercy!!! those guys can form!!! And they're all aproko o. That slowpoke called Wildchild and all those yeye DJs such as Stupidity Humility. Winnteam, you need to listen to them boasting about being the best and forming on air. You'll puke!!!
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2008
Bamsyle:

@Winnteam/Poster
You are very very right. I agree with you and as you also noted, even Dan Foster who is American tries to pronounce Naija words and names correctly. But I don't even have any problem with Cool FM.

My major grouse is with Rhythm FM 93.7 angry angry angry Lord of Mercy!!! those guys can form!!! And they're all aproko o. That slowpoke called Wildchild and all those yeye DJs such as Stupidity Humility. Winnteam, you need to listen to them boasting about being the best and forming on air. You'll puke!!!

Bamsyle

You really have issues wid 937.

Did u ever work there?
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2008
The poster has valid points in the 'forming' issue.

Most of them sound disgusting with these fake accents!

I se it not as a PROUDLY this and that
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Bamsyle(m): 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2008
Mustay, what's up? Nice to hear from you again smiley

Really I'm trying to be as objective as can be. I used to be glued to Rhythm before but now, I just don't like that station. I can only pick out peops like Kemistry as a presenter and DJ KLM as a DJ.

I've never worked @ Rhythm before but personally, I've met Wildchild, DJ Humility and DJ Tommy at public functions and believe me, those guys are just too fake for my liking. They form oyinbo levels too much. You see when God grants you the opportunity to be in the public eye, you need to be careful about how you behave. You never can tell who's watching you. Used to like 'em but they all pissed me off with their fake and self-conceited ways.

Plus they tend to carry it over into their work. Listen to DJs Tommy and Humility on the turntable and Wildchild presenting. How much of Nigerian content do you hear? Very little. But listen to KLM (I've never met him before but I believe I'll like him when I do) - so much Nigerian content. So does Kemistry and when I met her, she was cool and natural, no forming. *Even a woman didn't form, so who the hell is that Wildchild with his ogo potruding behind his head? angry*

So you see, I dragged those guys into this topic cos they don't promote Nigeria at all, nutin more - no personal issues.

So you work at Rhythm? I like your cool poise sha cool with all the vituperations *oyinbo!* I had to check the dictionary I've poured on 'em so far grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2008
Bamsyle:

So you work at Rhythm? I like your cool poise sha cool with all the vituperations *oyinbo!* I had to check the dictionary I've poured on 'em so far grin grin grin

Ha ha ha grin grin grin grin craze person grin

OK I see where you're coming from but the day you met Wildchild, did you speak to him - what did you notice about the accent undecided

kemistry has 'suffered' her bit too. Some years ago, some guys used to pester her on her shows to stop faking - she got vexed that she 'd to talk about her history in America on the show wink
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Bamsyle(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2008
Yeah I spoke to Wildchild. The accent? He was trying to sound foreign but his igbotic origin limited his ability to do that crap grin grin Actually, it's his attitude I dislike. He's got an air of arrogance around him *but he's a wussy, sucka for women* angry

You see now, even Kemistry with her 'yankeed' background doesn't fake it *well, maybe she changed cos they were on her case, lol* grin
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2008
I think you and these presenters have personal issues tongue Do you go to his friday party? And of course, who no o like woman tongue grin

Kemistry didn't 'change' - it entered her blood!

There's just one guy on cool fm that vexes me with his accent lipsrsealed He presents one show like that at nite - not olisa o! C an't remeber his name (cos I don't wanna cool)

Dj stupidity plays nigerian songs nah Bams undecided

And wazobia fm - their news is hilarious!
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Bamsyle(m): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Mustay
I think you and these presenters have personal issues

Nah, dawg. The guy(s) no fit thief my girlfriend na grin grin grin

And of course, who no o like woman

Yes but morbid likeness is a disease embarassed

Kemistry didn't 'change' - it entered her blood!

Na you talk am o! lipsrsealed

There's just one guy on cool fm that vexes me with his accent He presents one show like that at night - not olisa o! C an't remeber his name (because I don't want to )

Em, "Personal Issues"?

Dj stupidity plays nigerian songs nah Bams

*thinking to himself - Oh, so Mustay also endorses that name grin grin grin* I said how much of Nigerian content does he play? He does, but how much? 5%?

And wazobia fm - their news is hilarious!

Well welllipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2008

It is possible, when you like your country so much you have unreasonable hatred for others. And I think some people are hating on those accents, probably because they can't pull them off the way those presenters do. I didn't say no names

There's just one guy on cool fm that vexes me with his accent He presents one show like that at night - not olisa o! C an't remeber his name (because I don't want to )

His name is Freeze. And he identifies with Ibadan always. ALWAYS. Not that I like him; he passed a comment one day that put me off, and I stopped liking him since them. But we have to tell the truth.
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2008
mactao:

His name is Freeze. And he identifies with Ibadan always. ALWAYS. Not that I like him; he passed a comment one day that put me off, and I stopped liking him since them. But we have to tell the truth.

No shocked shocked shocked

It's not freeze oh!

Thatz freeze for u - he likes yabbing people cool
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by nana(f): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2008
Hmm,Which one is Wazobia Fm? When was it created? Cool Fm used to be my fav. radio station back then. How i loved listening to Dan Foster's Programme b4 going to bed,lol. BTW,What's wrong wiv Rhythm Fm 93.7? *mehn,i don miss 9ja o*
Is Brilla Fm still in Existence?
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2008
nana:

Hmm,Which one is Wazobia Fm? When was it created?

Sometime last year - a station that airs in pidgin language
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2008
nana:

How i loved listening to Dan Foster's Programme before going to bed,lol.

He no longers present at nite
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2008
nana:

Is Brilla Fm still in Existence?

YES
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2008
nana:

BTW,What's wrong with Rhythm Fm 93.7?

Bamsyle says their presenters (especially WILDCHILD - he also presents some shows on M-Net like Studio 53) have fake accents - their Dj stupidity (thatz what he calls DJ Humility) plays less of Naija songs

Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by nana(f): 12:57pm On Jul 11, 2008
lmao. Thanks for explaning.
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2008
i dont lisen to cool fm, too much forming.like Rhytmn here at Abuja but there is this Matilda, she dey give me headache, cha cha cha, my best is dj yo dee, the rest can jump in a lake or climb walls for all i care
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 1:07pm On Jul 11, 2008
MAtilda on cool fm/ rhythm abuja?
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2008
rhythmn fm
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2008
She used to co-present with Wildchild too
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2008
no wonder, she talks 24/7 non stop and abt her self and other silly things, so annoying shocked tongue
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Mustay(m): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2008
That means you have to thank Wildchild for curtailing those excesses in Lagos cool
Re: What Do You Think About Wazobia Fm And Cool Fm? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 11, 2008
Brilla still exists - 88.9

And, for those of you who don't know, Wazobia is really new, and it's on 95.1, and I still remember when the put up ads on some other radio stations when they were starting up for people who had a good command of English and one Nigerian language.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download NEW Tracks From D'BANJ - DKM Album / Dr. Sid - Love Mine / Download Album: 2face Idibia - [WARRIORS Zip File]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.