Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station (17764 Views)

Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? / Nigeria Info FM Begins Transmission In Port Harcourt / New On Radio: Nigeria Info 99.3fm Hits The Lagos Airwaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by iBlogNaija: 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2011
Radio personality, Matse Uwatse has quit the Lagos-based Pidgin English speaking radio station, Wazobia FM, Nigerian Entertainment Today can confirm,

http://www.thenetng.com/2011/09/17/matse-quits-wazobia-fm-resumes-as-head-of-news/
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by russellino: 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2011
Now that's a coup.
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by mallorca(m): 3:10am On Sep 18, 2011
noted
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 18, 2011
How many radio stations are there in Lagos?
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by komek(m): 4:03am On Sep 18, 2011
e dey pain me o,ga ga, Thats a nice 1 for her career 2
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by Esanyonmi(m): 6:55am On Sep 18, 2011
†ђα† can't be true,she ωαs i̅n d sudio yesterday with a new lady call mayowa, I think †ђα† is a rumor
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by AmAlone: 7:22am On Sep 18, 2011
I guess she has to before the gets fired!!!!

Matse is way too fake!!! Even in the picture in the referred link, she looks fake. That smile is fake!!!

They had to cut some of her time and gave it to lolo(Omotunde of Wazobia FM).

She is always trying to improve on her fake attitude I guess that is why she is not always present in the studio!!!!!!

Lastly, I don't know who or what she thinks she is. She is like way too pompous.
I remember someone gave her a title via text message on radio. And her reply;
Giving me title is like an insult, because where I came from, we are the once that give out title and not the other way round. . .
I am a princess. . . blah, blah, blah!!!!

Maybe she don't get that real princesses don't work and are suppose to be in palace.

Watever Aunty Maste!!!! Enjoy yourself
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by AccoPen(m): 7:56am On Sep 18, 2011
Am Alone:

I guess she has to before the gets fired!!!!

Matse is way too fake!!! Even in the picture in the referred link, she looks fake. That smile is fake!!!

They had to cut some of her time and gave it to lolo(Omotunde of Wazobia FM).

She is always trying to improve on her fake attitude I guess that is why she is not always present in the studio!!!!!!

Lastly, I don't know who or what she thinks she is. She is like way too pompous.
I remember someone gave her a title via text message on radio. And her reply;
Giving me title is like an insult, because where I came from, we are the once that give out title and not the other way round. . .
I am a princess. . . blah, blah, blah!!!!

Maybe she don't get that real princes don't work or are suppose to be in palace.

Watever Aunty Maste!!!! Enjoy yourself

You are not too far away from the truth. I have personally met both Matse & Omotunde on few occasions. Omotunde comes out as a friend . . . . .while Matse is like a girl that lives on the third street. Professionally, they are 2 different on-air personalities and i must not forget to say . . . . . . they both know their onions. Give them the same script, they will do good justice to it, though in completely different ways.

IMO, as presenters, they both get my 90% (and that's the most important). Outside radio, Omotunde still retains my 90% while the other's story is far different.

@Topic, I see this as a good move and I wish her all the best.
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by CuteTj(m): 8:21am On Sep 18, 2011
@all4naija. There are about 21 radio stations in Lagos so you have unlimited choices to make from.
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2011
all4naija:

How many radio stations are there in Lagos?
There are about 26 radio stations.
88.9 - Brila FM (Lagos) - sports
89.7 - Eko FM (Ikeja, Lagos)
90.3 - Craig FM (Lagos + Abuja)
90.9 - Top Radio (Lagos)
92.3 - Inspiration FM (Lagos)
92.9 - Bond FM (Lagos)
93.7 - Rhythm FM - (Lagos)
94.1 - Rainbow FM (Lagos)
94.8 - Altitude FM (Lagos) - pop, rock, top 40
95.1 - Wazobia FM (Lagos)
96.9 - Cool FM (Lagos) - urban music
97.3 - Classic FM (Lagos)
97.6 - Metro FM - FRCN (Lagos)
98.1 - SMOOTH FM, (Lagos) soul, rhythm and jazz
98.9 - Kiss FM (Lagos)
99.9 - Beat FM (Lagos)
100.5 - Ray Power FM (Alagbado, Lagos)
101.5 - Star FM (Ikeja, Lagos)
102.3 - Radio Continental (Ikosi Ketu, Lagos)
102.7 - Naija FM (Lagos)
103.1 - Unilag (University of Lagos) FM (Lagos)
103.5 - Radio 1 - FRCN (Lagos)
105.1 - City 105.1(Oregun, Lagos)
105.9 - NOUN (National Open University of Nigeria) FM (Victoria Island, Lagos)
107.5 - Radio Lagos (Ikeja, Lagos)
111.5- Flow FM, Lagos
112.90 Lil Frez FM
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by poweredcom(m): 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2011
Matse, leaves Na wa oo, its her choice, Oooo, Ok, but i prefer her to stay there for a whle insted of jumping to other low quality radio station, maybe some time, now you wont be hearing of her name, Hisss,

and for all this 21 Radio stations you listed .only few are relevant and known, like

88.9 - Brila FM (Lagos) - sports Known , Big ups
89.7 - Eko FM (Ikeja, Lagos)-Old school, worn out
90.9 - Top Radio (Lagos)-low quality signal,
92.3 - Inspiration FM (Lagos)-Umm good sha, known
93.7 - Rhythm FM - (Lagos-The first urban too much known Baba dem
95.1 - Wazobia FM (Lagos)-Pidgin known
96.9 - Cool FM (Lagos) - urban music-Great amazing.known
97.3 - Classic FM (Lagos)-Classic, known, like 3 yrs now
97.6 - Metro FM - FRCN (Lagos)-known veterans
98.1 - SMOOTH FM, (Lagos) soul, rhythm and jazz-new, like 2 yrs now
99.9 - Beat FM (Lagos)-BABA DEM KNOWN AROUND LAGOS THE BEAT IN NAIJA
100.5 - Ray Power FM (Alagbado, Lagos)-KNOWN first private station
101.5 - Star FM (Ikeja, Lagos)known poor signal
102.3 - Radio Continental (Ikosi Ketu, Lagos)-good sha known
102.7 - Naija FM (Lagos)-wazobia copy cat .pidgin.new sha
103.1 - Unilag (University of Lagos) FM (Lagos)-university radio.dem dey try sha
103.5 - Radio 1 - FRCN (Lagos)-ols radio low wuality not known liek dat sha
105.1 - City 105.1(Oregun, Lagos)-new new
107.5 - Radio Lagos (Ikeja, Lagos)--yoruba station tiwan tiwan
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by slimyem: 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2011
nairalanders please whoever knows hw to get into any of these radio stations as a freelancer should lemme know.i've tried to no avail and i seriously need a platform to grow,
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by Nymphnode(m): 12:27am On Sep 19, 2011
ItsModella:

There are about 26 radio stations.
88.9 - Brila FM (Lagos) - sports
89.7 - Eko FM (Ikeja, Lagos)
90.3 - Craig FM (Lagos + Abuja)
90.9 - Top Radio (Lagos)
92.3 - Inspiration FM (Lagos)
92.9 - Bond FM (Lagos)
93.7 - Rhythm FM - (Lagos)
94.1 - Rainbow FM (Lagos)
95.1 - Wazobia FM (Lagos)
96.9 - Cool FM (Lagos) - urban music
97.3 - Classic FM (Lagos)
97.6 - Metro FM - FRCN (Lagos)
98.9 - Kiss FM (Lagos)
99.9 - Beat FM (Lagos)
100.5 - Ray Power FM (Alagbado, Lagos)
101.5 - Star FM (Ikeja, Lagos)
102.3 - Radio Continental (Ikosi Ketu, Lagos)
102.7 - Naija FM (Lagos)
103.1 - Unilag (University of Lagos) FM (Lagos)
103.5 - Radio 1 - FRCN (Lagos)
105.1 - City 105.1(Oregun, Lagos)
105.9 - NOUN (National Open University of Nigeria) FM (Victoria Island, Lagos)
107.5 - Radio Lagos (Ikeja, Lagos)
111.5- Flow FM, Lagos
112.90 Lil Frez FM
Whao! I'm sure you know who own each and every. No wonder the top station are airing less adverts
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by docjuli(m): 9:29am On Sep 19, 2011
Before 97.6 - Metro FM - FRCN (Lagos)
Now 97.7 - Metro FM - FRCN (Lagos)

Nice list though.
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by Kx: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2011
98.9 - KISS FM, (Lagos)
Are you sure the stations above are broadcasting?

111.5- Flow FM, Lagos
112.90 Lil Frez FM
How do u receive the frequencies above when conventional fm band stops at 108.00fm?

2 Likes

Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by walcolm(m): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2011
Kx:

111.5- Flow FM, Lagos
112.90 Lil Frez FM
How do u receive the frequencies above when conventional fm band stops at 108.00fm?

nice observation, @ITModella, over to you
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by MMM2(m): 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2011
why
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by mallorca(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2011
no ideal
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by docjuli(m): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2011
Another observation:
99.3 Nigeria Info not 93.9 Nigeria Info
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by magentam(f): 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
You guys are so quick to run down people. Matse is amazing and calm. If she chooses to be the girl on the third street. Don't judge.She may have her reasons to keep to herself. Profession-wise she has no rival. Bless her and her endeavours.
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by Pimples(m): 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2011
My Nairaland people, you guys are just 2 much. The speed with which you supply info is quite amazing.
(eg. This Lagos Radio Station List)

Well, thanks to Information Technology.
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by tjay007: 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2011
matse is still on d payroll of her employers @wazobia as d nu station she is said 2b wit now, is a sista station owned by d same company d@ owns wazobia, cool fm n d nu naija info.

1 Like

Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by Phatill(f): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2011
Neva saw dz thread sooner, common Nigeria info is owned by d same lebanese guy who owns cool n wazobia. D 3 stations are in d buildin infact on d same floor, jes a rooms apart.
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by Mustay(m): 1:15am On Dec 26, 2011
@ last post true. She only quit speaking pidgin and started speaking English.
Kx:

98.9 - KISS FM, (Lagos)

111.5- Flow FM, Lagos
112.90 Lil Frez FM

On point. Am a radio freak and if we were to include stations that could be gotten in Lagos, then that list would surely be expanded to
90.5 OGBC/ Gateway Radio
94.5 Paramount fm (Abeokuta) - also part of FRCN
105.5 Splash fm (Ibadan) - they have a very good signal

NOUN radio ain't stable. They transmit when they probably feel like.

Nigeria Info 99.3fm started October 1, 2011 and it's where Matse is now speaking English as OAP.

So that means, radio dimension is changing by having group structures and niche audience a la:
> Classic Fm 97.3fm/The Beat 99.9fm/Naija Fm 120.7

>Cool fm/Wazobia fm/Nigeria Info

Community radio is next and only Unilag radio has blazed the trail. . .
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by sniperwolf(m): 10:30pm On Dec 28, 2011
Cool fm, Wazobia and 93.9 are one family
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by enyojo(f): 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
Nigeria Info is my best FM because you get to hear news and news and talk. Minimal music. That is why I dislike the rest especially Rhythm FM.

But seriously, Nigeria Info is part of Wazobia. You can check their group website www.coolwazobiainfo.com. The owner of these 3 fm stations is a Lebanese man called Engr. Amin I. Moussalli. This man owns Cool fm, Wazobia fm and Nigeria Info.

Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by meetndee(m): 9:21am On Apr 12, 2012
i listen 2 nigeria info on a regular basis and l knw matse is very insultive to her listener.she is the worst OAP there.that i cn confirm.all others like tolu,seun,chukz,objazz,fola,katherine,yop,and the best of all christy are so good
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by tunde300us(m): 11:54am On Apr 12, 2012
The OP is very wrong oh,wazobia and nigeria info are all owned by one person and the can based on their perception put you either of both.Matse is still their employee and all this yeye news sef makes me wanna...........
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by Mustay(m): 9:44am On Apr 13, 2012
Methinks she's better off at Wazobia. There's just something that isn't 'clicking' at Nigeria Info. Kinda like the feature she is on doesn't let her express herself well. The amebo xter went well with her @ Wazobia.
Re: Matse Uwatse Quits Wazobia FM For 93.9 Nigeria Info Station by somtookeke(m): 4:44am On Dec 10, 2019
*Wazobia FM former OAP, Lolo 1 resumes as GM of Lasgidi FM

https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/wazobia-fm-former-oap-lolo-1-resumes-as.html

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Music: Zlatan – Unripe Pawpaw (mp3) / Pictures: Azonto Vs Etighi Dance! Which Is Best And Why? / When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.