Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Best Computer Antivirus Software? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Computer Antivirus Software? (12537 Views)

21 Best Computer Tricks That Will Wooo You / 14 Best Computer Tricks You Should Know / How Can I Use My Avast Antivirus Software For Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Computer Antivirus Software? by guysmat(m): 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2007
I also bought a new laptop with Norton 2007 (60 days trial) loaded.

I decide to keep the norton since it came with the laptop (na awuf thing).

Unfortunately it didn't keep my system entirely safe.

Atimes it would detect a virus but wouldn't have the ability to quarantine or flush it from my system.

I eventually had to remove Norton after some viruses sneaked in along with some homepage hijackers.

I went back to Kaspersky I was very comfortable with on my older system.  grin

Try the REMOVEIT I recommended if you're not yet ready to remove your current antivirus . (Its not yet compatible with VISTA)
Re: Best Computer Antivirus Software? by kayodus(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2007
Kaspersky is good. very powerful. i use it for my pc and for internet security. believe me it's da bomb!
Re: Best Computer Antivirus Software? by adexbols: 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2007
i don't think u've heard of NOD32. i think it's da best
Re: Best Computer Antivirus Software? by boladonas(m): 2:06am On Apr 06, 2008
Panda Titanium remains the best in the World for 2007
Re: Best Computer Antivirus Software? by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 11, 2008
Norton Internet Security has done me well smiley
Re: Best Computer Antivirus Software? by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 10, 2009
Norton,  Came with my system (60 days) during which I enjoyed Total comfort so I had to upgrade when the period was over grin
Re: Best Computer Antivirus Software? by santakris(m): 2:32am On Oct 11, 2009
kaspersky is da bomb.[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Best Computer Antivirus Software? by olumaiye: 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2010
Why dont we save ourselves the pain of debating which antivirus is the best, since we obviously avnt being doing a good job at that anyway. Most of our wrong conclusions i'll say are based on our so called experiences, which in my own opinion arent thorough enough.
Most people run on Free Version of AVG (How in heavens name will u think a free version of a software meant to be sold at $25 will offer optimum performance - i'll be damned)
Kapersky may be good, but when ur system file is infected, rather than clean the file, it offers the option of deleting, this is BAD, i mean BAD.
If u want to knw which is the best antivirus, leave the decisions to the professionals and brood over their Results.
PC World releases reviews of antivirus testing and still find Bit-Defender Standard 9 the best of all this year (bit-defender also topped the chart last year),followed by McAfee Virus Scan 2006 10.0 (Full Product), then Kaspersky Lab Anti-Virus Personal 5.0 (Full Product)(U can check here http://www.pcworld.com/article/124475/top_antivirus_software.html)
PC Anti-Virus thinks a little differently and finds potential in a new anti virus VIPRE Antivirus (I'm Thinking of trying these)
Anyway, My point is, lets leave the decision of which is the best to the Profs and just pickup form there, But remember, none that is free i as good as the Full product, There always a draw back somwia
Re: Best Computer Antivirus Software? by olumaiye: 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2010
ESET Nod 32 used to be good, but nw has issues, I hope they resolve it and get back on top
Re: Best Computer Antivirus Software? by joeruano1: 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2010
i think d best anti-virus 2 use is eset. avira is very good too but deletes viruses 2geda wit files instead of cleaning dem n leaving d files virus-free

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Found Hp Service Centre / Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo / Home Appliances/ Electronics And Other Repair Notes. Diy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.