Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv (857 Views)

SHOULD WOMEN BE PASTORS AND ELDERS? / Should Women Be Pastors And Elders? / Is It Biblical For Women To Be Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by CompuEsther: 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Why is the Bible always an easy recourse for people to support every whim and caprice? I have just read about a group of gun rights activists who were protesting only yesterday, and are asking to be allowed to carry long guns openly in public places, AND THEY WERE QUOTING BIBLE PASSAGES to support themselves!

Source: http://234breakingnews..com/2013/10/gun-men-quote-bible-to-support.html
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Joagbaje(m): 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
Police quote scriptures too to settle money by the road. Maybe they are pastors too? shocked
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Gombs(m): 7:43am On Oct 21, 2013
OP I rather find your topic disturbing

Must you use the word PASTORS?

@Jo, you are very right, it's very true policemen use scriptures for extortion eg the one below...and as you asked the OP, I'm asking too, are they pastors?

Matt 5v25 New American Standard Bible

"Make friends quickly with your opponent at law while
you are with him on the way, so that your opponent
may not hand you over to the judge, and the judge to
the officer, and you be thrown into prison."
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 21, 2013
What makes one a pastor?

Waiting for incredible answers.
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Gombs(m): 8:06am On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars: What makes one a pastor?

Waiting for incredible answers.

Ask www.google.com
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2013
I hear the Holy Spirit has better answers. cool
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Gombs(m): 8:16am On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars: I hear the Holy Spirit has better answers. cool

Absolutely!

I presume evolution has other answers? No? grin
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2013
Gombs:

Absolutely!

I presume evolution has other answers? No? grin

YEAH. Ask God how he became a Father, son and spirit all at the same time. Now that's evolutionary.
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Gombs(m): 8:42am On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars:

YEAH. Ask God how he became a Father, son and spirit all at the same time. Now that's evolutionary.

You mean how that we evolved from monkeys and yet still have monkeys today?!

Now that's very intelligent, aint it?
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Gombs(m): 8:45am On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars:

Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 21, 2013
Gombs:

You keep repeating we evolved from monkeys. Who told you that? The Holy Spirit?
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 21, 2013
Gombs:

You mean how God created woman out of man and we still have men today?

What an intelligent observation by you.
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Gombs(m): 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars:
You keep repeating we evolved from monkeys. Who told you that? The Holy Spirit?

Do you mind explaining to me as you would to a 6yr old how the universe and man came about?

Tnx
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Gombs(m): 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
rationalmind:

You mean how God created woman out of man and we still have men today?

What an intelligent observation by you.

Created woman from man and not evolved woman from man...get d difference

You can create moi moi from beans, that doesn't mean moi moi evolved from beans

grin
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
Gombs:

Created woman from man and not evolved woman from man...get d difference

You can create moi moi from beans, that doesn't mean moi moi evolved from beans

grin

You asked a silly question so I asked u another silly question. Evolution didn't say we evolved from monkeys. Get that into your head. The 5mb you waste here spilling rubbish could be used to check wikipedia and educate yourself.
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Joagbaje(m): 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
rationalmind:
. Evolution didn't say we evolved from monkeys. .

That's what evolution teaches isn't it? So what does Darwin say?
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
Joagbaje:

That's what evolution teaches isn't it? So what does Darwin say?

Evolution does not teach that we evolved from monkeys. Its simply says we and monkeys share a common ancestor.

I shouldn't be telling you all this. Spend a little time on google to study it.
Re: Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv by Gombs(m): 9:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
rationalmind:

Evolution does not teach that we evolved from monkeys. Its simply says we and monkeys share a common ancestor.

Pls who is the common ancestor we share? grin

Big Bang? grin

I shouldn't be telling you all this. Spend a little time on google to study it.

When you guys wanna knw abt God you forget that google exist to go study, you lot come here and ask, dnt you?

Now be a good lad and answer my question above!

(1) (Reply)

Use Of Salt By C.A.C And C.C.C Is Demonic / Pastor Oyahkilome And Controversies / Pictures Of Strange Aircraft Hovering In The Synagogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.