Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,799 members, 7,831,585 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: (15489 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 26, 2013
I have always said to those who cares to listen that If u must win a debate, appeal not only to knowlegde, logic and reason but to emotion. The magic is this: humans ar emotional beings - they cry when sorrow come running towards them, they laugh when jokes tingle their ears, they jump when excitement poke their armpits from behind, they frown when they see insults with his luggages alighting from impolite words.
How is this congruent to this debate competition? Take a hard look at the body of alicia keys debate. Run ur mind through the firm breast of her debate, what do u feel? Won over, right?. Why? the answer to that is not far-fetch, look up, it is right there in the first line of my post. As much as i would agree that she like mazi and other contestant appealed to reason, much of her points were studded and stuffed with emotion. Of course, why not, women ar more emotional than men as it were.
U require a proof? Now take a look at these lines of aliciakeys: "..now u want to take away that link between parents/children by calling for tertiary education to be free..i call that putting Asunder" - posited by alicia keys. what image does these lines conjure in ur mind. See it an emotional scenerio covered with piteous sympathy of a mother drenched in her tears, rolling on a turbid and muddy floor, begging the cruel gov't not take away her beloved children from her under the truthful pretence of free tertiary education. Emotional isn't it. This does not appeal to logic but it does appeals to emotion.
U fink dts all, here's another of her lines of emotional arguement "free tertiary education means parents or guardians who do not have children or wards in tertiary institution must pay for families who have like four to five wards schooling, through tax payment. This is practically unfair"..emotional again, huh? Imagine a mother paying school fees when her children aint yet in school. I can hear u shout "thats injustice!" calm down dear, u are being too emotional here. And there are many more like missing the "feeling of acomplishment" when d gov't pays ur fees. I can hear somebody say "Oh, how i will miss that feeling of acomplishment if Gov't makes uni free. i better pay heavily for my fees than miss dt feeling"! Emotional again, not logic. Aliciakeys knws her onions. Mazi u would have won but u appealed more to reasons, logic n knowledge with little votive appeasement and libation to our emotional starving minds - the judges ar humans. Aliciakeys on the other littered and sprinkle both reason and emotion on the shrine of our eyes..all contestants were logical and rational. But aliciakeys won by adding more emotions to her debate.
Men ar logical beings with meagre bubble of emotions.
women are emotional beings and thats an undisputed fact.
And in debate, emotion, some call it persuasiveness, is a sine qua non to clinching the prize. Logic is good but appealing to human emotion or being persuasive if u like is better. And since women ar more emotional than men they tend to ve an advantage in debate. This xplain why female do well in debate than males. Check d records again...if u attended a mix secondary school or have watched a debate involving boys and girls, u would know what abt talking abt. CONGRATS ALICIAKEYS..u ar a scholar..u won me over to ur side. *knells down before aliciakeys, opens a ring case, takes out d ring, takes her hand n places d ring before her staring fingers* will u marry me aliciakeys?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 27, 2013
Congrats Alicia and to other contestants u guys did well. Mazi i doff my cap 4 u.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 27, 2013
Rochas okorocha declared free education in imo state university, but the newly admitted students paid a whooping sum of 75,000 for the acceptance fee and non indigenes will also pay 70,000 naira for their school fees. What is free in the education IMO i dnt think tertiary education should be free, Because there will be reduction in the quality of education and also other sectors in our economy will suffer.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by DesChyko1(m): 5:21am On Oct 27, 2013
Tosdam: @Des, am speechless cos ur ink rock my mind n made me nod in agreement but ur essay is too clumsy regarding to paragraph and arrangement, i ve to skim through. Naija is a soiled with talents, great future await us..
I appreciate your comments brother. It could only get better, we hope. Rome was not built in a week.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by DesChyko1(m): 5:37am On Oct 27, 2013
@Sylvangel..Initially, before this debate, I personally did not agree that tertiary education should not be free. But my exposure on this had led me to think otherwise. I think being indifferent to the plight of the less privileged isn't being patriotic. Like in the case of the 489 lawmakers earning N240m. If they were earning N24m like their mates are, that leaves N105bn free to be used. If you vent how money is being spent in the country, we would get our returns.. And as for Rochas, it's a mere political strategy. Only those outside Imo don't really know how tricky that man is.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Fynestboi: 7:35am On Oct 27, 2013
Epaul: *knells down before aliciakeys, opens a ring case, takes out d ring, takes her hand n places d ring before her staring fingers* will u marry me aliciakeys?
shocked shocked shockedgringringrin
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by abbeywasc(m): 8:18am On Oct 27, 2013
I tnk wat we all fail to realise is dt our economy wil always be doomed if more people who wil substantially contribute to the domestic output are not given d opportunity to earn a degree. Scholarships in nigeria are not even adequate to fund all the exceptional students and those maintained by the government are bedevilled wt corruption. Furthermore, the average students shud nt be neglected since they form the bulk of our workforce. I will side wt free tertiary education in nigeria though. Permit me to make the ff recomendations.
1} entry exams into tertiary institutions shud be standardized to ensure dt resources are not wasted on those who are not up to the mettle
2} progressive monitoring and evaluation of academic standard shud be made a prerequisite for continuing wt d study{unilorin, fedpoly ede and other skuls snd students who do no meet their academic standard home in year one}
3} goverment shud reduce the cost of governance{ i dnt knw y we need a bicamera legislature & 40+ ministers to run a country the size of Texas. And what is the job of the ministers of state finance and education?}. This can be done by removing redundant posts and making salaries of politicians comparative to what is obtainable elsewhere.
4} we can fund free tetiary education. The calculation that it wil run into tens of trillion of naira is flawed. All we need to pay is the overhead costs. Plus we know that fixed cost per unit tends to reduce wt increase in output. By sanitizing our oil industry{build refineries, remove subsidies and let market forces regulate the price} we wil have more funds available. And lets improve on agric
5} lastly, please note that most developed economies are not based on oil but technologies. Thus , we shud focus on science & tech as well as marketable research{numerous fields exists. Bioscience, robotics, pharmaceuticals, aeronautics and automobile engineering as wel as electronics-funny tn is dt we cant do ds if we dnt spend on education}. Vision 202020 wil nt be actualizable wt an economy based on oil alone.
Thank you
ps: kudos to all the debaters for beautiful write-ups. But did u all go to private secondary skuls to be able to write ds well, are u in private univs nw? Seems to me u've had some quality education. Congratulations to aliciakeys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by xclusive43(m): 9:42am On Oct 27, 2013
bravo...u All did GREAT... What a wonderful performance..
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by donwhales38(m): 10:36am On Oct 27, 2013
Fynestboi: ALICIA KEYS

Presentation:2

Logic:3

Strength:4

Persuasiveness:4

Knowledge:4

TOTAL:17

Doesn't dis total up to be 16 instead of 17?? PS: no 'bad belle' intended, jst simple maths!
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Fynestboi: 10:47am On Oct 27, 2013
donwhales38:

Doesn't dis total up to be 16 instead of 17?? PS: no 'bad belle' intended, jst simple maths!
whao mistake on my part thanks for the notice.adjusted
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by hrykanu231(m): 11:11am On Oct 27, 2013
*clears throat* in Seyi Law's Voice, we no go "shop" item 7 for here?
Congrats to the winners, una make me remember/learn plenty tyns.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Fynestboi: 11:26am On Oct 27, 2013
hrykanu231: *clears throat* in Seyi Law's Voice, we no go "shop" item 7 for here?
Congrats to the winners, una make me remember/learn plenty tyns.
lmao in gordon's voice u came late sire *winks*
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Jarus(m): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2013
Good job, everyone. I'm impressed with the debaters.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by boay(m): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2013
Fynestboi: whao mistake on my part thanks for the notice.adjusted

I dont understand you guy ooo
4+4+4+3+2=17. Please where is 16 here?
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by boay(m): 11:33am On Oct 27, 2013
donwhales38:

YOu are really funny oo. It is 17 not 16
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by darea18: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
16? see judge self. my calculator says 17
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by donwhales38(m): 12:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
darea18: 16? see judge self. my calculator says 17

Didn't u guys read dat he made adjustments.....to d scores!
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by AbuDhabiGroup(m): 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aliciakeys: #humbly collects the m*I*c from the mc..... wipes eyes(tears of joy)#
SPEECH; First and foremost, my gratitude goes to Chineke God Oluwa Baba Jesu Kristi Allah for making it possible for us to see today, for the wisdom we used in researching, writing, accessing, juding and commenting, for the eyes we used in typing and reading, for the fingers we used in typing, commenting and judging, for the smooth network and also for d mb we used in browsing...
Will also like to say a big THANK YOU to my ogas and madams that the realm of affairs of this dynamic and mind-blowing debate...
To my fellow comrades, I doff my cap, really learnt a lot. It was both entertaining and educative..
#secret# It has been ages since I last wrote English without shortening it...
To all and sundry, I LOVE YOU ALL... cheesy kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
#hands m*I*c back to d mc*
Hahahaha ! l learnt that too , a long while ago . Shortening words destroys ones linguistic prowess . But some people are too intellectually indolent to abide by it .
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by femi4: 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
I went through everything, and I must say, Aliciakeys delivery was just superb
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by iamdsam: 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
What's this thread for?
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
'
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Fynestboi: 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2013
iamdsam: What's this thread for?
c question
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Built2last: 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
Congrats Alicia
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2013
Epaul: I have always said to those who cares to listen that If u must win a debate, appeal not only to knowlegde, logic and reason but to emotion. The magic is this: humans ar emotional beings - they cry when sorrow come running towards them, they laugh when jokes tingle their ears, they jump when excitement poke their armpits from behind, they frown when they see insults with his luggages alighting from impolite words.
How is this congruent to this debate competition? Take a hard look at the body of alicia keys debate. Run ur mind through the firm breast of her debate, what do u feel? Won over, right?. Why? the answer to that is not far-fetch, look up, it is right there in the first line of my post. As much as i would agree that she like mazi and other contestant appealed to reason, much of her points were studded and stuffed with emotion. Of course, why not, women ar more emotional than men as it were.
U require a proof? Now take a look at these lines of aliciakeys: "..now u want to take away that link between parents/children by calling for tertiary education to be free..i call that putting Asunder" - posited by alicia keys. what image does these lines conjure in ur mind. See it an emotional scenerio covered with piteous sympathy of a mother drenched in her tears, rolling on a turbid and muddy floor, begging the cruel gov't not take away her beloved children from her under the truthful pretence of free tertiary education. Emotional isn't it. This does not appeal to logic but it does appeals to emotion.
U fink dts all, here's another of her lines of emotional arguement "free tertiary education means parents or guardians who do not have children or wards in tertiary institution must pay for families who have like four to five wards schooling, through tax payment. This is practically unfair"..emotional again, huh? Imagine a mother paying school fees when her children aint yet in school. I can hear u shout "thats injustice!" calm down dear, u are being too emotional here. And there are many more like missing the "feeling of acomplishment" when d gov't pays ur fees. I can hear somebody say "Oh, how i will miss that feeling of acomplishment if Gov't makes uni free. i better pay heavily for my fees than miss dt feeling"! Emotional again, not logic. Aliciakeys knws her onions. Mazi u would have won but u appealed more to reasons, logic n knowledge with little votive appeasement and libation to our emotional starving minds - the judges ar humans. Aliciakeys on the other littered and sprinkle both reason and emotion on the shrine of our eyes..all contestants were logical and rational. But aliciakeys won by adding more emotions to her debate.
Men ar logical beings with meagre bubble of emotions.
women are emotional beings and thats an undisputed fact.
And in debate, emotion, some call it persuasiveness, is a sine qua non to clinching the prize. Logic is good but appealing to human emotion or being persuasive if u like is better. And since women ar more emotional than men they tend to ve an advantage in debate. This xplain why female do well in debate than males. Check d records again...if u attended a mix secondary school or have watched a debate involving boys and girls, u would know what abt talking abt. CONGRATS ALICIAKEYS..u ar a scholar..u won me over to ur side. *knells down before aliciakeys, opens a ring case, takes out d ring, takes her hand n places d ring before her staring fingers* will u marry me aliciakeys?
Nice!! Will say u r d scholar here.. #removes crown and gives it to him# BRAVO!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
lertee:
If written English and good command of English was included in the criteria for winning, the winner Aliciakeys would not win.
She has a good argument,strong points and consistency but her written English is not too good.
She wrote in the same manner she would speak,lots of spelling error as well as doing direct translation of her local dialect to English.
Congratulations though,you can do better.

Ooppss!! Ma bad!! We learn everyday..
Point them out 4 corrections..
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2013
Aliciakeys:
Nice!! Will say u r d scholar here.. #removes crown and gives it to him# BRAVO!!!
*struggles to wear crown, sweats and pants. Gives it back to her who the crown fits* u are better aliciakeys.
my proposal? What say u my queen? *awaits wit teary eyes* winks
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
Epaul: *struggles to wear crown, sweats and pants. Gives it back to her who the crown fits* u are better aliciakeys.
my proposal? What say u my queen? *awaits wit teary eyes* winks
Meet me in church #double winks#

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
Olivia Pope: Weldone, y'all did Great! Alicia Keys, you rock wink
WE ROCK!!! wink
Olivia Pope: Weldone, y'all did Great! Alicia Keys, you rock wink
WE ROCK!!!
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by MaziOmenuko: 8:30am On Oct 29, 2013
Thanks to the judges for the reward sent to me. I appreciate. At least, now I will be able to subscribe for my daily MB without flashing my friends to send me airtime cheesy
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by boay(m): 10:13am On Oct 29, 2013
@ Mazi can the public no the prize. @ Aliciakeys please let us hear from you.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by MaziOmenuko: 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
boay: @ Mazi can the public no the prize. @ Aliciakeys please let us hear from you.

You wan rob me baa? Ee no go work for you!

««grabs my phone and dials *556#....»»cheesy

(I don't know if the organizers wants to make it public. So I will keep it anonymous the way it was sent)
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by boay(m): 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

You wan rob me baa? Ee no go work for you!

««grabs my phone and dials *556#....»»cheesy

(I don't know if the organizers wants to make it public. So I will keep it anonymous the way it was sent)

That is alright. It is the organisers who ought to make it public (if they want to) from the outset.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NOUN Disowns Fake Exams Questions On Buhari. See the picture of the exam questio / WAEC RUNS And WAEC Miracle Centers: Why You Must Avoid Them / Professional Course For Arts Student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.