Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,111 members, 7,867,204 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:15 PM

Have You Ever Disobeyed Your Mums Strong Advice, What Happened Next? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Disobeyed Your Mums Strong Advice, What Happened Next? (526 Views)

ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially / A Tribute To All Mums !!!(photo) / World's Top 10 Youngest Mums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Disobeyed Your Mums Strong Advice, What Happened Next? by tejpot(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2013
I have long wanted to ask this question and share my experience on this platform of those awkward moment of stubbornness.
I remembered in my undergraduate days, when I won a scholarship. When it was time for winners to start getting their funds, it's either my name was missing or my mail was deleted from the company's data base. I didn't get my notification or congratulatory message either. I immediately contacted the company. I was told that scholarship issues are not dealt with in Lagos and I have to come to Port Harcourt. I told my mum about this, she disagreed with my going. She brought up kidnap issues, militancy issues just to discourage me. She told me stories of people who went to that part of the country and never returned. She made me believe that my not being able to get the notification and acceptance letter was act of God. She also alleged that the staffs of the company might have misappropriated the fund to their pocket. At one point i easy buying those ideal, but still felt this was my money. Right within me, i started deleting those brain washing elements. All she was telling me became poison to my reasoning. After all said, the following Monday, i embarked on d journey to Port Harcourt against my parents will. From Lagos to Port Harcourt is 10hours, my journey on that day turned 15 hrs when i got to Port harcourt 12 am. This was 2009 when the militants where still having a good time in there operations. I was only pulling myself together at this point. I had to sleep in front of a business center that has recently been water-logged while fighting the mosquito night war. The night was becoming unusually longer, just as one aboki challenged me in d middle of my sleep. I had to run for my life at that time of the night (1am). I searched if i could see a church around all to no avail. The only one available was waterlogged too.
Anyway, i had to stay awake all the night.
And i achieved my aim of traveling with that risk.
Total E and P paid me 3 times. Thanks to them and ultimately God who granted me safety trip. I missed a scholarship like that in my second year just because I didn'ttravel early enough, so I appreciate the value of scholarships. But that wouldn't have been possible if I didn't disobey my parents. Now I can boldly tell the story of how I won Total E and P OML 130. Again it wouldn't have been possible with total obedience.
I'm pretty sure you guys have more than once experienced such, kindly let us learn from them.
Fellow nairalanders share your disobedience story and the respective testimonies and trials.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Depend On Inheritance / Advice Needed / Wisdom For The Married,set To Marry And Folks Who Desire To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.