Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,219 members, 7,825,822 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently (7402 Views)

Need To See A Dermatologist / I Need A Very Good Dermatologist / Where In Lagos Can We Find A Good Dermatologist? Pls Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2006
MY COMPLEXION IS GRADUALLY FADING AWAY AND I REALLY NEED HELP

I HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED TO SO MANY KIND OF CREAM, BUT THE EFFORT IS FUTILE

I REALLY NEED TO BRIGHTEN MY COMPLEXION, AND I NEED URGENT ADVISE FROM OUR VERY HELPFUL FORIMITES

PLS SOS AND QUICKLY TOO
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by ikamefa(f): 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2006
o.k you just lost me what do you mean by your complexion is fading away?
"i really need to brighten my complexion" are you dark toned in complexion i don't get it
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by hotangel2(f): 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2006
Some people are naturally fair in complexion. But due to sun or use of bad cream, they tend to get dark!

So i guess she wants her normal fair skin back. U live in Jos, why not try to buy uhmm, Sivoclair? Or is it silvoclaire? Something like dat.

It helps maintain ur skin color. Not make it darker, or lighter.

U can go see a dermatologist and ask him for good cream.
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by desiree(f): 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2006
Well, personally i think you need a body lotion/cream that contains vitamin C and E, vit C from citrus fruit is known to brighten the skin, Vitamin E also prevents premature aging which might be the cause of your dull skin tone.
You should also try to wear sunscreen when you go out in the sun (factor 15-20). It is not advisable to bleach your skin o. Hope these tips are helpful??

I will try and find a specific lotion that has those ingredients all combined together.
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2006
@desiree,
thanks for that useful information. i am really looking forward to you getting names of very good creams for me. i have tried all sorts and im tired.

@kent,
sivoclair contains hydroquinone, which causes skin cancer.
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 12, 2006
@hotangel, sorry i wrote @kent before, sivoclare they say causes cancer. but thanks anyway for the advise wink wink wink
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by desiree(f): 10:47am On Jun 12, 2006
@ugonna0071

Maybe you should try clarins moisture-rich body lotion, that is what i use anyway, and for best result ,you should try scrubing your body to get rid of the dead skin layer before using the lotion.

You can get more information here:

http://uk.clarins.com/main.cfm?prodID=54#
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 13, 2006
@desiree

thanks dear, i will do just that wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by angel1: 3:36am On Jul 26, 2006
@ugonna
though ur question was not specific but i agree so much wth desiree.those silvoclair and all the lightening stuff are not good for the body at all cos u wudnt like ur skin as age goes and most dont evn have SPF.As desiree said too,body scrubbing and exfoliation to brighten ur complexion by removing dead cells on skin surface is very good.
Again u dont have to deal with it only from the outside with creams but also on the inside.Am talking about wat u eat. Take fruits and Vegtables specially those rich in Vitamin A,C,E.they fight free radicals wthin the body which causes early aging of the skin,dullness of skin etc.The advantage is not only helping ur complexion but other health benefits too.So handle it from the outside and from within.
then lots of water help,try to have time 4 resting,ease ur mind off excess worries.Try as much as u can to avoid sun exposure and use products wth SPF[sun protection factor].they range from 8,15 and so on.
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 26, 2006
@angel1, thanks a lot

i appreciate your advise

God bless wink wink
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by lizybaby: 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2009
pls he/lp recommence a body cream that will help me regain my shinny black,ve use all sort of cream like dove, palmer coca butter,nivea,etc but nt result
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by Kitomania(m): 9:47am On Jul 24, 2009
Your skin would have ok if right from the begining your were using the Normal soaps, remember weather you have used all such of saop before, and stop
Re: Dermatologist Advice Needed Urgently by vinotinto5: 11:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
Dont bother your self so much. Havent you heard of this leading natural health organisation? They have got qualified health doctors that will pass information to you on what to do. Visit their contact here: https://naturesgist.com/2017/01/28/10-natural-ways-to-reverse-dry-skin-and-get-a-normal-healthy-skin/

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Vaccination: Edo Civil Servants Get 7-day Ultimatum / The Curious Case Of The Clarks: Real Life Benjamin Buttons Aging Backwards / Enugu Beats 35 Other States In Primary Healthcare Service Delivery In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.