Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

What Is The Correspondence Between Dreams And Reality? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Correspondence Between Dreams And Reality? (1474 Views)

I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. / Rape In Nigeria: Theory And Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Correspondence Between Dreams And Reality? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 21, 2013
Dreams are part of human existence, but their exact role is often times inexplicable. I have often tried to understand just what the correspondence between dreams and reality is, but more often than not, I find this elusive.

Dreams are almost a companion for me. It is there I add one plus one and it becomes two.I really don't like it.

Sometimes, I find stuffs I saw, heard or read appearing in my dreams, others it's like what i saw in my dreams have become my reality. Most of my dreams come true,'most' I said, not all. It makes me often times look like a prophet of doom.

Pls guys, are there really correspondences between dreams and reality

A book recommendation to help me out is also welcomed. smiley THANKS!!!
Re: What Is The Correspondence Between Dreams And Reality? by bellong: 10:59am On Oct 21, 2013
Destructive Dreams..... Dr D.K Olukoya

Dreaming Divine Dreams.... same author

Victory over satanic dreams.... same author.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Correspondence Between Dreams And Reality? by Woged2005(f): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Dreams are part of human existence, but their exact role is often times inexplicable. I have often tried to understand just what the correspondence between dreams and reality is, but more often than not, I find this elusive.

Dreams are almost a companion for me. It is there I add one plus one and it becomes two.I really don't like it.

Sometimes, I find stuffs I saw, heard or read appearing in my dreams, others it's like what i saw in my dreams have become my reality. Most of my dreams come true,'most' I said, not all. It makes me often times look like a prophet of doom.

Pls guys, are there really correspondences between dreams and reality

A book recommendation to help me out is also welcomed. smiley THANKS!!!

1.There's day-dreaming, which one manipulates herself to get some excitement or self-fulfillment.
2.There's nightmare especially after a traumatic experience (like watching a horror movie, sad events, accident, listening to a sad story, illness, losing someone, etc) and your mind tries to relieve that experience while you are sleeping
3. There are sweet dreams, when your mind relieves a nice experience when you are sleeping
4.There's hallucination (seeing images and hearing voices), which is a medical condition that requires medical treatment on time before it becomes madness

Usually and generally people dream of whatever their mind is preoccupied with, because the human brain acts like a huge recorder, which replays emotions, thoughts, events (good and sad ones), when you sleep. Sometimes the fulfillment of dreams in real life is a mere coincidence, sometimes it's self-fulfilling, like prophecies (prophecies are self-fulfilled. Your action, inaction or reaction towards a prophecy is what makes a prophecy fulfilled, not the prophecy itself). grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Correspondence Between Dreams And Reality? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
Woged2005:

1.There's day-dreaming, which one manipulates herself to get some excitement or self-fulfillment.
2.There's nightmare especially after a traumatic experience (like watching a horror movie, sad events, accident, listening to a sad story, illness, losing someone, etc) and your mind tries to relieve that experience while you are sleeping
3. There are sweet dreams, when your mind relieves a nice experience when you are sleeping
4.There's hallucination (seeing images and hearing voices), which is a medical condition that requires medical treatment on time before it becomes madness

Usually and generally people dream of whatever their mind is preoccupied with, because the human brain acts like a huge recorder, which replays emotions, thoughts, events (good and sad ones), when you sleep. Sometimes the fulfillment of dreams in real life is a mere coincidence, sometimes it's self-fulfilling, like prophecies (prophecies are self-fulfilled. Your action, inaction or reaction towards a prophecy is what makes a prophecy fulfilled, not the prophecy itself). grin grin grin
Okay Woged.Tanx a bunch.

I understand that our dreams can sometimes be hinged on what our minds were preoccupied with,but i don't fulling get the idea of the fufillment of a dream being coincidence.

Again, I would love a book recommendation from you.Tanx!

(1) (Reply)

Choii,god Is Wonderful.enter And See Something / A Chinese Man Sued His Wife Over Ugly Children / Woman Who Lost Her Son At 20 Weeks Has This To Tell You (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.