Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,614 members, 7,843,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

NFF President Admits They Are Owing Keshi Seven Months Pay - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF President Admits They Are Owing Keshi Seven Months Pay (801 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President / NFF President Aminu Maigari Arrested by SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NFF President Admits They Are Owing Keshi Seven Months Pay by Bigflamie(m): 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
The Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) have admitted to owing Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi,his entitled salary for the past seven months.

President of the NFF Aminu Maigari,said that the football federation is currently broke which resulted in them not meeting their obligations to pay Keshi.

“It is true that Keshi has not been paid for the past seven months but the hands of the federation are tied over this matter,”supersport.com quoted Maigari as saying on Sunday.

“It’s not as if we are hoarding this money and have refused to pay him. The NFF is in dire straits as far as financial resources are concerned. We have even had to slash the win bonus of the Super Eagles from $10,000 to $5,000 as a result.”

But Maigari said that the NFF have taken steps to ensure that Keshi's work was not affected with the non-payment of his salary since March,by providing some of the things he needed.

“There are several steps being taken by the NFF in this regard to make Keshi’s life easier.

“The rent of the hotel in Abuja he lives in is paid by the NFF. His feeding is taken care of by the NFF as well. He has an official car provided by the NFF and we ensure that any expense he needs to meet as he carries out his official duties are met by the NFF.

“Let me also use this medium to inform Nigerians that other staff of the NFF have also not been paid for over a year but they have continued working without complaints because they know the constraints we are facing.”

Source: http://www.allsports.com.ng/threads/nff-president-admits-they-are-owing-keshi-seven-months-pay.11191/

Re: NFF President Admits They Are Owing Keshi Seven Months Pay by Bigflamie(m): 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
I can't really believe my eyes or am I still dreaming? This NFF must surely be brought to book for this unjust treatment on our hero.
This is ridiculous, now I actually know the kinda war they are waging against Keshi "The Big Boss".

(1) (Reply)

Platini Wants 40-country World Cup / Mysterious Figures At Bayern Stadium. Aliens? / Why Do Footballers Come Out Of The Tunnel Holding Hands Of Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.