Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,670 members, 7,823,895 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President (17389 Views)

Stephen Keshi Still Remains Eagles Coach - Chris Giwa / Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi / Amaju Pinnick Elected As New NFF President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 10:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
The proprietor of Giwa FC was voted in ahead of the former vice president in Abuja on Tuesday as the DSS also arrested former president Aminu Maigari and Musa Amadu

Christopher Giwa, the chairman of Nigeria Professional League club side Giwa Football Club, has been elected as the new president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

He polled 27 votes to defeat his challenger former vice president Mike Umeh who got two votes in an election where 29 out of 44 members participated in the voting exercise.

Before the elections, NFF chieftains including the NFF General Secretary Musa Adamu and some states delegates were arrested by the Department of State Security Services (DSS) and interrogated.

The elected officials were then sworn in by a notary public Frank Ike Chude.

Former board member Obinna Ogba was sworn in as vice president as he was unopposed while former security committee chairman, Effiong Johnson emerged the Chairman of Chairmen having polled 28 votes.

The North Central produced Yahaya Adama and Sani Mohammed as board members while Muasu Suleiman and Sherif Inuwa emerged North West representatives in the new board.

Felix Agu Anyansi retained his position on the board to represent the South East alongside Felix Amechi Ogwa.

Deji Tinubu also retained his position as representative of the South West with Otunba Sunday also coming on board.

The electoral process was not coordinated by either the seating president of the NFF or the general secretary Barrister Amadu who allegedly walked out of the election hall at the Chida International Hotels.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2014/08/26/5062472/chris-giwa-defeats-mike-umeh-to-emerge-as-new-nff-president
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Mologi(m): 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
Mr Giwa lead us well,but mr Umeh should have been
given a position.

first to cum..haa sorry....
My appreciation goes to OMOLOGI my crush who made me her friend with benefit(wich I am grateful for)..
i also thank GOD for adding a year to my countable years to come........
lastly....i thank the proprietor of my primary school MR APARO....who provided us with kulikuli and baba dudu for appetizer.
shout out to my goons...

7 Likes

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by curiouses: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
I know this man would emerge as the president even before the election. Sport politics is so predictable.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by ayusco85(m): 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
is the post of the NFF President an exclusive right for northerners? past 3 Presidents have been from the north. #Just asking

last bullet: hope Giwa Fc football club wont be given preferential treatment and favours now that their owner is the new NFF boss

7 Likes

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by naturally: 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
Okay
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by hotmolo(m): 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
Am glad this is finally over. Now keshi can b in focus. By the way keshi has agreed to coach nigeria for the next 2 matches atleast until his contract is signed. Source; minister of sports earlier today
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by korel9: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
I hope he doesn't end like his predecessor angry

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Babyboy1986(m): 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hmmmm, Hope him go do well.
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Youngzedd(m): 11:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
CONGRAT!
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by UnknownT: 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
But seriously, what concerns DSS with football matters? If truly Maigari stole, shouldnt that be d job of EFCC or maybe Police? Shouldnt they (DSS) be concerned with the Nation's security as the name says?

5 Likes

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Youngzedd(m): 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
Babyboy1986: Hmmmm.

korel9: k

hotmolo: T

naturally: Okay

ayusco85: .

UnknownT: :

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by TeamclicksAir: 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hmmmmmm
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Tval(m): 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
This one shouldn't be "boy boy" to Fifa o
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by BetaTechnicians: 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
At least he is a real stakeholder in the football affairs, we'll soon know how "Right" he is for the position.

____________________________________________________________________________________
In other News, get our cheap laptops and motorola elite sliver bluetooth headset
https://www.nairaland.com/betatechnicians/topics

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by orobs93(m): 11:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
Nonsense!!!
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by meforyou1(m): 11:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
Presido, pls return Keshi. And wishing you well in your new office
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Kayendy(m): 11:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
FIFA will soon cancel this one too... He should enjoy before FIFA intervene

2 Likes

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by AMAKAVIOLA: 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Was Aminu Maigari arrested cos of the arson he committed?

Giwa your first task is to investigate that fire incident. cool

7 Likes

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Superstar007(m): 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Okay. Man utd just made my day. grin
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by ayusco85(m): 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=Youngzedd

u get work grin

grin grin

[/quote]
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by LblaqueHaven(m): 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Oga Giwa, wisdom is the principal thing , in all thy getting, get understanding.

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by freshness2020: 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Oga Giwa!
Continu! Go on soun to τ̲̅ђe Glass house!
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Jesuspistol(m): 11:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
Congrats to him!
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Johnnoah1st: 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
j
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by begwong: 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good news!
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Tval: .
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Wisdytech(m): 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
Will this action erase CORRUPTION in Nigeria?
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by donconior: 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
congrats to the winner...what's next??
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
Neva saw this cuming
After i loss 13million Naira due to man u foolishness my post is making FP for the first time tank God oooo
at list is man u no make me happy dis one self don do me smalll
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by saaedlee: 11:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
Let the celebrations start
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by alaladakosta(f): 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Derby County Appoints Wayne Rooney As Permanent Manager / Novak Djokovic's Visa Has Been Cancelled By Australia / EPL: Some Chelsea Fans Are Stupid – Sarri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.