Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

Queiroz Out Of Utd's Sa And Nigeria Tour? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Queiroz Out Of Utd's Sa And Nigeria Tour? (823 Views)

Foootball Trials In Belgium,south-africa,spain And Nigeria / Arsenal To Tour Nigeria Next Summer? / How Football Came To Africa And Nigeria- The History You May Want To Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Queiroz Out Of Utd's Sa And Nigeria Tour? by RSA(m): 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2008
Former South Africa national team coach and Manchester United's assistant-manager Carlos Queiroz has hinted he may be about to leave the club to become Portugal's new manager.

The 'Red Devils' visit South Africa from July 19 to participate in the annual Vodacom Challenge, and then proceed to Nigeria - where they will play in a friendly match against their English Premiership opponents Portsmouth.

The Mozambique-born Queiroz reportedly met Portugal's Football Federation (PFF) last week over its offer of a £1.5m four-year deal to replace Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Queiroz is now waiting for a decision from both United and the PFF.

"From my part, there is not much to say, it needs to be resolved between the federation and Man Utd," he said to the BBC.

"I can say little more than you know at this time. Currently, the matter is out of my hands.

"We must wait calmly. I have spoken with the two parties and now I wait for movement."

Queiroz has previously managed at Real Madrid, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates as well as Portugal's under-20 side.

The Portuguese coach has had two spells with United, first coming to Old Trafford in the summer of 2002.

Sir Alex Ferguson's number two rejoined United in 2004 having left for a brief spell to manage Spanish giants Real Madrid before being sacked after just one season in charge.

United are thought to be desperate to keep Queiroz who has often spoken of his desire to succeed current manager Ferguson, but refused to comment on his possible departure when contacted.

http://www.psl.co.za/news/1015381.htm

(1) (Reply)

What Was Oliseh Saying After Scoring Against Spain,,france 98 / Support Super Eagles With Home Based Players At The 2010 World Finals At South Africa / Amodu Releases Final Nations Cup Squad!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.