Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,652 members, 7,823,848 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn (26556 Views)

Orubebe: FG Drops Bribery Charges Against Ex-Minister / Dasuki Lists Ex-governors, PDP Chiefs In $2b Deals / N172bn Fraud Cases Against Ex-govs Turned Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by druid06(m): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2013
solomon111: oh pls shut up and stop foaming from the mouth.
Knowing who you are i won't even bother debatimg with you.
Buhari will NEVER get into aso-rock whether you like it or not.

You are as moronic as you sound. A credible member who is more than what you would ever become gave credible points as to how Jonathan administration has been the worst so far with billions being stolen from under our eyes and this is what you could come up with.

Mr. Jonathan is so clueless and corrupt and I am still yet to fathom how he got into power.

I don't care who wins the 2015 elections and I am damn sure it wouldn't be Jonathan, I can bet my life on it but whoever wins would be welcomed so far it's not that retard disguised as our commander-in-chief.

We need change in this country before things get out of hand. We need an iron hand, someone who can not be bought and doesn't run his government under sentiments. We need change.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by zico2(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2013
taharqa: SR is again been Sillly and mischievous. The Chief Judge of any state (Or, any Head of Court for that mata) CANNOT administratively withdraw a case. Only d Prosecuting Party can do that. The Chief Judge may simply be reassigning d cases, maybe to even fasten up d cases that hv been crawling in courts for upwards of 10 yrs in sm cases...... By d way, d GEJ Govt just a few days ago removed d nation from d Watchlist of d Financial Action Task Force (FATC), a long process that was painstaking and extensive, and one that hv radicali improved transperancy in d Financial transactions (both Private and Govt) in Nigeria. By d way, for such a huge event, to my knowledge SR hv not even considered reporting d feat. #heightofhypocrisy
what is this one saying for goodness sake. Are you telling me you wrote all these just to defend the president. We re our enemies in this country. As well, i pity those ones liking your page. You re just birds of a feather. Its widely known that mr president is corrupt or how would you term a sitting president that refuse to declare his assets, a president that encourage corruption at all level, a president that make corruption agency irrelevant, a president that refuse to check his aids, a president that only live on promises. In fact hope is lost in this country. But let me just remind you all that time wl surely tell in this country. He who lives in glass house should not throw stone. You wl all regret all your defenceless arguments.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by anonimi: 8:51am On Oct 22, 2013
DeLaRue:
Just to add that systematically killing off a case is different from withdrawing a case. A Chief Judge cannot and will not do the latter as it will be too obvious. But using the system and personnel to kill them off slowly - that's doable.

Can we say that based on your having "some knowledge of the Judicial system", SR is stretching the truth or simply fabricating lies in the news story of the OP

L.M Ayedun..:
The newly-appointed Chief Judge of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Justice Ibrahim Bukar, today in Abuja withdrew the case files of former Nigerian governors undergoing trial for corruption.

Justice Bukar requested all judges in the FCT to return the case files of several of the governors, some of whom are reportedly being considered for ministerial appointments by President Goodluck Jonathan.

A source at the FCT High Court said the new chief judge did not state why the case files were being withdrawn, but it is being suspected that he plans to do away with the cases.  Some of the cases were filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) since 2007.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/chief-judge-abuja-withdraws-case-files-former-governors-undergoing-corruption-trial

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by taharqa: 8:53am On Oct 22, 2013
taharqa: MUMU-ish, cud you be nice enuf to explain to me how a Head of Court can withdraw an ongoing criminal case without d Prosecuting party doing so Or a declarative proclamation by a Judge in court? Waiting....
Am still, Waiting....
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by taharqa: 8:57am On Oct 22, 2013
zico2:
what is this one saying for goodness sake. Are you telling me you wrote all these just to defend the president. We re our enemies in this country. As well, i pity those ones liking your page. You re just birds of a feather. Its widely known that mr president is corrupt or how would you term a sitting president that refuse to declare his assets, a president that encourage corruption at all level, a president that make corruption agency irrelevant, a president that refuse to check his aids, a president that only live on promises. In fact hope is lost in this country. But let me just remind you all that time wl surely tell in this country. He who lives in glass house should not throw stone. You wl all regret all your defenceless arguments.
Guy, one sentence: SHUT that trapp you call a mouth UP

Respond to the points in that comment (they are clear enuf); ELSE, keep Mute.. Don't hv d time to debate Sentiments

1 Like

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by olanB: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2013
I wonder if our leaders are like this and we are busy snapping police man collecting enguje.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Truckpusher(m): 9:47am On Oct 22, 2013
So, finally these crooks succeeded in arm twisting Jona into freeing all the criminals because of his personal ambition.

Nigerians should rise up or face perpetual slavery and poverty in the mist of plenty.

These thieving elites has lost every sense of respect and fear for their own country men and women because they are fully aware that the poverty that they've spread and is still spreading has ravaged the mindset of an average Nigerian man and woman.

This corruption will lead to more poverty
poverty itself will lead to resentment
And resentment will cause violence
and this kind of violence will lead to WAR.....only time will tell

1 Like

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Incrizz(f): 9:58am On Oct 22, 2013
sbaks: if there's anyone to be pardoned i think it is ibori. though his valuables could be confisticated. at least he has suffered enough 'na'
Yup..
He pleaded guilty too.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by confusion247(m): 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Following this Report, that means

Joshua Dariye - freed.
Uzor Kalu - freed.
Jolly Nyame - freed.
Saminu Turaki - freed.
Chimaroko Nnamani - freed.
Abubakar Audu - freed.
Boni Haruna - freed.
George Akume - freed.
Alao Akala - freed.
Abdullahi Adamu - freed.
Danjuma Goje - freed.
Luky Igbinedion - freed.
Bukola Saraki - freed.
James Ibori - Jailed.
Depreyie Alameisegha - freed.

And finally, the Boss.......

Bola Thifunbu - Freed.

Which way Nigeria.
And hypocritical One Nigeria will never progress. I still go with falana when he said One Nigeria was programmed to fail.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by confusion247(m): 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
Truckpusher: So, finally these crooks succeeded in arm twisting Jona into freeing all the criminals because of his personal ambition.

Nigerians should rise up or face perpetual slavery and poverty in the mist of plenty.

These thieving elites has lost every sense of respect and fear for their own country men and women because they are fully aware that the poverty that they've spread and is still spreading has ravaged the mindset of an average Nigerian man and woman.

I reject this type of fresh air.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by zico2(m): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
taharqa: Guy, one sentence: SHUT that trapp you call a mouth UP

Respond to the points in that comment (they are clear enuf); ELSE, keep Mute.. Don't hv d time to debate Sentiments
As the lord liveth, you wl surely suffer for what you just split here. Defending a clueless and senseless government for just a pot of porridge. So we should all be watching till you crazy people destroy all we all live for. I tell you, your children and the next generation wl suffer and continue to suffer unless if you re on the right part. You wl know soon.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Swiftboy(m): 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
Youths of Nigeria wake up and act! Stop complaining!!! Lets think,what is the way forward?
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Fhemmmy: 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Swiftboy: Youths of Nigeria wake up and act! Stop complaining!!! Lets think,what is the way forward?

Are the youths any better that what we currently have, the youths that celebrates anyone and everyone regardless of source of wealth . . .

1 Like

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
2ru-talk:
Mr.Grammar, the past tense of forget is forgot.
In your country.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by fr3do(m): 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
anonimi:

How about

So SR can be biased afterall.

Hope you know the BIG difference between the two statements.

'Can be' indicates there is a possibility not if they are.
But 'is' says there is a possibility of being biased ,and actually being biased

You can be dead doesn't mean you are dead.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
Truckpusher: So, finally these crooks succeeded in arm twisting Jona into freeing all the criminals because of his personal ambition.

End of story!

1 Like

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by nath0507(m): 8:45am On Oct 24, 2013
Nigerian quit getting on nairaland and complaining..get up and do something,riot,protest against the corrupt government and watch the world powers stand behind you all. Getting on nairaland and running your mouths will not make any difference, change will only come when we as Nigerians get together as one and say enough is enough. Until then everyone shut the Bleep up if no one wants to speak up..........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Rally In Calabar, Cross River (Photos) / Buhari Shuns Lagos Visit, But Hosts Ogun Governor At The Villa / Doyin Okupe And A Blogger, Abubakar Sidiq Usman, Blast Each Other On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.