Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Did You Receive This SMS Or E Mail From Madonna University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Receive This SMS Or E Mail From Madonna University? (2583 Views)

Did Anybody Receive This Message From Snit Poly?. / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate / Photo: Demonic Looking Beast Killed In Madonna University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Receive This SMS Or E Mail From Madonna University? by NaijaNaWaa: 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
On Saturday evening, I received this SMS on my phone:

Via JAMB you were posted to Madonna University for admission. Report to any of the Campuses of Madonna with your credentials and N6000.00 for screening 08037***7547

Again, on Sunday evening, I received an email purportedly from Madonna University as below:

Dear Prospective Student

OFFER OF ADMISSION THROUGH JAMB FOR 2013/2014 SESSION

This is to inform you that JAMB has posted your name to Madonna University Elele, Rivers State for admission 2013/2014 Session. Consequently, you are requested to report to any of the Campuses of the University as indicated below, with originals and photocopies of your credentials, including the sum of Six Thousand Naira (N6, 000) for the screening interview.
For further information, you can contact the following G.S.M numbers:
08037427547, 08063365330 (Madonna University Elele)
08037867427, 08133048310 (Madonna University Okija Campus),
You are requested to report as soon as possible for this Admission exercise and resumption of lectures.

Yours faithfully,
C. A. Ezeh
Registrar

I am not looking for admission but my nephew wrote JAMB and I am certain that he could not have used my number in his forms because he has a number; besides, his parents and siblings with whom he lives have phone numbers. I am wondering how and why Madonna sent these messages to me and so I called the number but the fellow was very rude. He said my nephew should just come to them with N6000.00 or forget it. I tried to inform him that Madonna was never in my nephew's choice of Universities and that he should cross check the name on his list but he was adamant. I am certain that my nephew has no interest whatsoever in Madonna University so even if it is real, it's as good as not having admission.

Is this real or a scam? How can JAMB post someone to a University that he never chose? And why is Madonna this aggressive on admission drive?

Did you by chance receive a similar SMS or mail?
Re: Did You Receive This SMS Or E Mail From Madonna University? by Deekaydadon(m): 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
Its obviously a scam, there's no way JAMB will just post you to any school without applying for a change of institution.
Re: Did You Receive This SMS Or E Mail From Madonna University? by Tolexander: 5:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
Deekaydadon: Its obviously a scam, there's no way JAMB will just post you to any school without applying for a change of institution.
things like this often happen, most especially to those that sat for the utme.

Seems some of these private schools need applicants!
Re: Did You Receive This SMS Or E Mail From Madonna University? by zeelz: 5:38am On Nov 06, 2013
I received an sms, am email and also a letter was post to my postal address that JAMB has posted my name to Madonna for admission. But I never choose madonna even in my dreams. I told my pastor about it and he said even if it's true he'll not recommend Madonna for his enemy.

I'm sure they must have gotten my our details from JAMB database which is fraudulent.

I advise the appropriate authorities to investigate this matter and prosecute them accordingly.
Re: Did You Receive This SMS Or E Mail From Madonna University? by Ilawless(m): 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
Check this out and tell me what you think.

I'm that writer that decided to bring the future for books a little closer to the 21st century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7KVEI2uWIk. Don't forget to drop your reviews, criticism, suggestions and opinions on social media with the hashtag #vbook. Don't forget to subscribe and tell a friend so we can make history together.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? / Jamb Result Not Yet Out? See / Most Applied Universities In Nigeria -school Gist Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.