Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week (18708 Views)

Fayose Dresses As Bishop In Jerusalem For The Christian Pilgrimage (Photos) / Emir Of Kano Sanusi In Mecca For Pilgrimage (photos) / Stella Oduah Off To Israel For Pilgrimage, BASA Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by nerodenero: 9:58am On Oct 22, 2013
jahbiz: Y is he going with 19 governors and other unamed cabinet members. If they are going from their own purse fine but if otherwise then it's a waste of our national resources. If not for our shameless selfish leaders Nigerians do not have any reason to suffer.
We keep writing and complaining about how corrupt and wasteful our leaders have been but the painful part is that our collective outburst seems irrelevant.Our opinion or should I say pain now doesn't matter to these thieves.I can only hope that God rescues us soon.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Ayaba03(f): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2013
Wit all d probs on ground? Oh my gosh! Im sure dy gona use our money 4 dat.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by IYANGBALI: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2013
Magic Bishop: Christain Pilgrims Vs Kabah Pilgrims
those kaabah people look like potential bokos
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by BrightCar: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2013
kennyamusan: May I use this medium to inform some of my unlearned collegues here that going by the antecedent of things happening in Nigeria now,it is no far fetch that the political sector is heated up.I wonder what the problem is with Nigerians,the mere mention of any religious activity is seen as an act of holiness ,Nigerians claim holier than thou habit and this is one of the major distubance we have.During the previous Holy Ghost conf of the RCCG,he went kneeling down for prayer,this generates lot of sentiment both home and abroad,recently he commissioned a power project,rescused victims on the highway,but if I may ask what has he done about Boko haram in the last one year,what jobs has the FG created in the past 2 years,our Almight ICPC and EFCC are broke for the past one year,ASUU is on strike cause his children are not in Nigeria,stella bought 255m dollars bullet proof cars,Nitel workers are groaning,children are dying,youth are helpless yet he wants to give us the impression that religious sentiment would win us over.I am not moved as you can never tell a blind man that it is rainy,all this is geared up towards 2015 election but I weep for Nigeria,I weep for my country cos Nigerian are foolish,My people are destroyed cos of lack of wisdom,knowledge and COMMON SENSE which many claim to have but lack internally,I don't like his way of life but I love his song,fela has said it all.A true prophet wld never visited any Holy land but knows the intricases of life(u are entitled to ur opinion).Let's face it, we need actions and not fashion.if he likes let him go 2 mecca as well.Faith is justified by work and not mouth or travelling,Llet him go there and see how true leaders are ruling their country as brave men and not as chicken.shikena
I PRAY THAT YOU DONT GO HANG YOURSELF SOON BECOS OF SENTIMENTS AGAINST GEJ. WHAT
CRIME IS THERE FOR HIM TO CARRY OUT HIS RELIGIOUS OBLIGATIONS, WHAT CRIME IS THERE FOR HIM TO EXPRESS HIS FAITH, IS HE NO MORE HUMAN BECOS HE IS A PRESIDENT? WE HAVE HEARD LEADERS GOING FOR HAJJI AND NO BODY RAISES ANY EYEBROW, SO WHY THE QUARREL ABOUT GEJ. THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by quality01(m): 10:16am On Oct 22, 2013
Another waste of national scarce resources. God we really need 'an act of God' according to stella oduah to occur as they travel.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Marv650(m): 10:20am On Oct 22, 2013
<h2>who is he</h2>
<p> i wan resume jare.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by danny301: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2013
Chiscomax: President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, approved the appointments of the former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Ahmadu Ali and 19 othersaschairmen of 20Federal Government parastatals.

The list indicatesthat Senator Ali, also one time Federal Commissioner for Education during the military administration of Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo, would now head the National Universities Commission, NUC, asChairman.

This was contained in a statement issued last night by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim.

Otherson the list were former Minister of Education, Prof. Tunde Adeniran who now heads the West African Examinations Council; former Senate PresidentAmeh Ebutte, now presides over the National Open University of Nigeria; Hon. Bala Ka’oje, former National Secretary of PDP, now Chairman of Federal College of Education (Technical), Gusau and National Broadcasting Commission with Dr. Herbert Orji as Chairman.

Other appointees are: Chief Yinka Akintola, for National PressCouncil and Maj. Gen. Barau Said (rtd) as Chairman for Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi. Also, National Eye Hospital, Kadunanow has Dr. Abisola Clark asnew Chairman; National Obstetrics Fistula Centre, Abakaliki hasMrs. Josephine Elechi to preside, while National Board for Technical Education, wiill be presided over by Mrs. Yejide Ogundipe.

Federal Polytechnic, Bali, Niger State, has Col. Theophilus Bamigboye (rtd) aschairman and Federal Polytechnic, Birnin – Kebbi -Adamu Maina Waziri.

Othersinclude: Federal Polytechnic, Bali, Taraba State-Pastor Yusuf Alfa; Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure – Senator Onyema Okoroafor; Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State – Dr. Christian Azubuike Odukwe; Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe, Bayelsa State -Mr. Bekeakpo Etifa; Nigerian Centre for Metallurgical Development-Hon. John Ikemefuna; Teacher’sRegistration Council- Prof. Greg Iwu; National Council for Artsand Culture -Professor Nelson Branbayefa and National Centre for Women Development, Mrs. Becky Ketebu-Igwe.

YES.. I TALK AN... When Ameh Ebute suddenly woke from slumber and began to run his mouth about national issues especially in favor of the President, i knew the old man up to something... Any way congratulations to them, but on a second thought why should appointments be revolving around the old people, what is wrong with considering young people for some of these appointments?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2013
Religion and ethnicity are the two banes of Nigeria's peaceful existence. Mixing religion and politics and/or governance never ever works out. Our effing leaders know that, but use it as a weapon to divide and rule. Christian and Muslim leaders steal on a gigantic scale, kill wholesale by denying Nigerians basic safety and amenities and then hop on a plane to Mecca or Jerusalem to go pray to their different gods and think they have obtained a clean slate. When they fvck up and kill people they think it is all part of their gods' plans.

Meanwhile, for the average Nigerian man it is "as you were". His loyalty is not to (good) cause, morality or country but to kin and religion. He basks in his effing ignorance; too docile, uneducated, poor and with a skull full of toilet paper to give a $hit.

It would be a very cruel joke if it were not so tragic.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Kingspin(m): 10:27am On Oct 22, 2013
tintingz: If I may ask what pilgrimage are christians doing in jerusalem, is it tourist or picnic? undecided
Dnt be in a haste, is not the only faiths doing thing. No side talk please.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by litetias(m): 10:32am On Oct 22, 2013
Plane crash where art thou. Reach out thy hold over these lazy charlatans who lord it over the poor ones.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by misterh(m): 10:33am On Oct 22, 2013
Magic Bishop: Christain Pilgrims Vs Kabah Pilgrims
For your mind, you are making sense abi? FYI, this is the pix of pilgrims in Hajj.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by misterh(m): 10:37am On Oct 22, 2013
Is this the right time to embark on such trips? Some of our governors are just plain stupid. How will more than half of the governors in Nigeria embark on pilgrimage @ the same time? Only in Nigeria will i see such. Until we, the masses, ask armor-piercing questions, this rubbish will continue.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Musediq66: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2013
most all nigeria leaders go 4 pilgrim b it mecca or isreal when dey are on sit cant dey do travel when dey vacate d sit.politics n religion will never work 2gether stop decivin urselfs.can u imgine almost all d governors,minister n presido z going naija will always b naija
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by papagiddy(m): 10:37am On Oct 22, 2013
why will they all enter d same plane to jerusalem? .................... remember d word of TBJ!!!!
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Metallurgist: 10:40am On Oct 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

alas, a bokoville arrives.

Before your stone worshiping pilgrimage began, Christians have been going on pilgrimage to the holy land.

You are not used to the idea afterall, this is the first christian president to embark on such a trip.

Why is it an issue for you intolerant stone worshipers?
internet crusader with little sense, check xtainity history(for 9ja xtain ar newcomers) muslims hav rule for over a thousand years in jerusalem and hav allow both jews and xtains to live, do businesses and performed their religious rights without persecution, then tell me who is the intorant worshiper amongs us, beside for the clueless gup to went to pilgrim as an incubent speaks volumes in his insensitivity to others rights, hav it being a muslim incubent president,CAN would hav said he want to make islam the official religion, and one more thing what the difference bwn the idol of mary and jesus to the idol of ogun, zeus, budha, or hindu, .......IDOL WORSHIPERS

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by misterh(m): 10:40am On Oct 22, 2013
nerodenero: We keep writing and complaining about how corrupt and wasteful our leaders have been but the painful part is that our collective outburst seems irrelevant.Our opinion or should I say pain now doesn't matter to these thieves.I can only hope that God rescues us soon.
The average Nigerian is docile. We would rather sit behind our computers and rant on the internet than actually making things happen. I'm also guilty of this though.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by misterh(m): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2013
Metallurgist: internet crusader with little sense, check xtainity history(for 9ja xtain ar newcomers) muslims hav rule for over a thousand years in jerusalem and hav allow both jews and xtains to live, do businesses and performed their religious rights without persecution, then tell me who is the intorant worshiper amongs us, beside for the clueless gup to went to pilgrim as an incubent speaks volumes in his insensitivity to others rights, hav it being a muslim incubent president,CAN would hav said he want to make islam the official religion, and one more thing what the difference bwn the idol of mary and jesus to the idol of ogun, zeus, budha, or hindu, .......IDOL WORSHIPERS
He's better left ignored.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Moukafoam(f): 10:49am On Oct 22, 2013
Lilimax: Hoping that the spiritual essence of the pilgrimage will be inculcated in them undecided

What is the spiritual aspect are you talking about wink

According to Tintinz; It is like a vacation holiday angry

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by nagoma(m): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2013
misterh: He's better left ignored.

Since he said the truth. Isn't it?
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Kingspin(m): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2013
GustavoFring:
ASUU is on strike but this guy is going on a personal pilgrimage with 19 other governors at public expense?

Ill-advised and lacking in sensitivity. undecided
Unwise individuals will always raise questionble alarm even when things are done by 50 - 50 quota. Where were you few weeks ago. The Vice president, House speaker, the Govenors and so many top office holders recently want to holy land for pilgrimage, we were all praying for the peace of this nation. Funny enough a leader of this PDP fraction just came back from his prilgrimage in the holy land only to resume the in-house fight in the PDP. I hope they all go in peace and come back only to improve the country.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by MagicBishop: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2013
Metallurgist: internet crusader with little sense, check xtainity history(for 9ja xtain ar newcomers) muslims hav rule for over a thousand years in jerusalem and hav allow both jews and xtains to live, do businesses and performed their religious rights without persecution, then tell me who is the intorant worshiper amongs us, beside for the clueless gup to went to pilgrim as an incubent speaks volumes in his insensitivity to others rights, hav it being a muslim incubent president,CAN would hav said he want to make islam the official religion, and one more thing what the difference bwn the idol of mary and jesus to the idol of ogun, zeus, budha, or hindu, .......IDOL WORSHIPERS

sharap with ur distorted history.
Christianity predates Islam by over 600years.

The Crusades were carried out by Europeans to rid the holy land of Muslim Mobs terrorizing and killing both Jews and Christian pilgrims.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by nora544: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2013
The President go on Pilgrimage in an country where they put blacks in two groups read this.

In Israel, Some Blacks Are Welcome, Others Are Not

http://www.ibtimes.com/israel-some-blacks-are-welcome-others-are-not-1401956

Israel will send about 50.000 black people to Uganda because they don't want them.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by misterh(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2013
nagoma:

Since he said the truth. Isn't it?
Which truth, if i may ask? Is he an authority on the subject?
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by 1025: 10:55am On Oct 22, 2013
why 19 govs only?
i expect him to leave with at least 31.
the total cost of this move can take care of ASUU demands.
if they like, let them enter the moon, it does not change their wicked ways and heaven will reward them not because they were in isreal rather according to the works of their hands.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by MagicBishop: 11:00am On Oct 22, 2013
nora544: The President go on Pilgrimage in an country where they put blacks in two groups read this.

In Israel, Some Blacks Are Welcome, Others Are Not

http://www.ibtimes.com/israel-some-blacks-are-welcome-others-are-not-1401956

Israel will send about 50.000 black people to Uganda because they don't want them.

And you are a f00l to think that Islam tolerates you as a black man.

The last black slave was sold openly in Mecca in the 60's. It was considered goodluck to purchase a slave in mecca when carrying out hajj.

Your prophet bought, sold and kept blacks as slaves and openly condemned africans
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Splinz(m): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2013
May the L-RD answer the prayers of our President & all the pilgrim(s) while in the Holy land. G-D bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria & her leaders, G-D bless the citizens of Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by GentleMimi: 11:06am On Oct 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/pilgrimage-jonathan-19-govs-ministers-storm-israel/

Yes. GEJ is on pilgrimage to the holy land and from what I know he left on Saturday or Sunday.

So let us see your hate filled posts on this.
accompany Jonathan on pilgrimage or on tourism Come on!!! Who are we fooling here? The purpose of this pilgrimage is for ''humans'' to go to a place where they'll be closer to their creator.But in this case...lets say that aim will be defeated in most cases. In fact,bet me that these governors will come back and loot twenty times more than they've done in the past. Our money don finish oooooooooo! Choi!!!
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by misterh(m): 11:08am On Oct 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

And you are a f00l to think that Islam tolerates you as a black man.

The last black slave was sold openly in Mecca in the 60's. It was considered goodluck to purchase a slave in mecca when carrying out hajj.

Your prophet bought, sold and kept blacks as slaves and openly condemned africans
Inasmuch as i don't like engaging in religious arguments, i can't stand misinformation being spread. Give me proofs of your assertion. Islam does not discriminate against people based on skin colour. Give me evidence that the prophet bought and kept slaves. Don't let us derail this thread, abeg.
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 22, 2013
misterh: The average Nigerian is docile. We would rather sit behind our computers and rant on the internet than actually making things happen. I'm also guilty of this though.

And it is better to sit behind our computers and rant than to keep quiet. As long as we rant about truth and what is right. Unfortunately making things happen in reality so as to forge a change is ever more difficult in Nigeria because of the mix of ethnicity and religion.
A typical example is the Stella Oduah scandal. A good number of people actually think that the whole thing should be ignored as it is only a smear against Igbos! As for religion, you can see the "my pilgrims vs your pilgrims" war going on in this thread, which is only a tip of a ginormous iceberg.

That is why Nigeria is going to be in a $hithole for a long time. Getting everyone to come together, irrespective of tribe or religion, to fight the stench is going to be nigh impossible.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Mintayo(m): 11:09am On Oct 22, 2013
Smh...misplaced priority,wasting of public funds...19 governors? I hope this is an exhaggeration.
All this human effort for salvation,self-righteousness and hypocrisy!
Going for pilgrimage will not remove the 'corruption seeds' in them,ONLY Jesus can do that!
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Pistolx(m): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2013
so we have 19 christian governors or wat
Re: President Jonathan To Depart For Pilgrimage To Israel This Week by Pistolx(m): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2013
y nt stage a coup while hez away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Want Christian Court — Bauchi CAN Tells Constitution Review Committee / Buhari’s Economic Scorecard Is Disastrous ~ Punch Editorial / Ohanaeze Ndigbo Appeals To Buhari Over Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.