Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs (1546 Views)

Photo of a goat tied to a tree roasted alive during weekend's Boko haram attack / DSS Arrests Another Boko Haram Kingpin In Maiduguri / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Jbluv55(m): 7:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
Gunmen suspected to be members of the
Boko Haram sect have invaded villages of
Kawuri District and Fori of Konduga Local
Government Area of Borno State, killing 10
residents including three members of the
civilian JTF.

This is happening in not less than 24 hours
after gunmen attacked boarder communities
of Logomani villages between Dikwa –
Gamboru Ngala and Cameroon Republic
killing over 20 civilians including motorists.
Kawuri District is one of the big villages in
Konduga council area, along the Maiduguri-
Obama Federal Highway which is about 60
kilometres away from Maiduguri, and 20
kilometres to Obama Council Area which had
witnessed series of attacks and killings of
both civilians, soldiers, policemen and prison
warders.

A woman passenger who simply gave her
name as Madam Hauwa Musa told our
correspondent that she was among the early
passengers from Mubi town to Maiduguri a
day after the attack in Kawuri villages.
“Yes, I was among the passengers that boarded a
taxi from Mubi to Maiduguri, and when we
reached the villages along the main road, we
saw some buildings being consumed by fire
with the presence of security operatives and
men of the vigilante youths popularly
addressed as civilian JTF, by then the
attackers have fled into the bushes”, she
narrated.

The gunmen also succeeded in setting ablaze
some residential houses and public building
such as a clinic and a primary school.

Although details of the attack is still sketchy, unconfirmed report showed that the gunmen numbering about 30, using two Hilux vehicles and motorcycles with arms and ammunition, Rocket Propel Launchers including Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), stormed the village at about 3 o’clock and started ordering residents to come out from their houses before they opened fire on them. They later threw explosives on some private and public structures.
It was gathered that the three vigilante
youths killed were on a mission to arrest the
gunmen who fled the area after the attack,
but luck ran out on them as they clashed with
the fleeing terrorists in a bush at Fori village
before they were shot dead by the attackers.
The acting spokesman of the 7 Division,
Nigerian Army in Maiduguri, Captain Aliyu
Danja and the Police Public Relations Officer,
DSP Gideon Jubrin could not be reached for
confirmation as at the time of filing this
report.

www.dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/21/boko-haram-10-killed-houses-set-ablaze-in-borno/

Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by obitwo: 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
We can't continue like this

We need to separate the progressive SW from the terrorists of the N-side and the fraudsters of the E-side

If you feel I'm talking to you, quote this post and insult me

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Jbluv55(m): 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
Details of the first attack can be found on this thread www.nairaland.com/1486599/massacre-fake-checkpoint-bokoharam-slit
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by sirjerry(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
obitwo: We can't continue like this

We need to separate the progressive SW from the terrorists of the N-side and the fraudsters of the E-side

i insult you sad

i insult you
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by OJODEL10(m): 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
GO SERVE THIS NATION
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by alotofgrace(m): 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
haha!! shocked bh again...nawao

i thought they r now into rat killing biznays... undecided
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Tolexander: 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nigerians don't panic, terrorist attack is everywhere, maybe it is our turn!
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by cKaiser: 7:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
Is this to cover up Stella Oduahs case?

Someone predicted last week that Boko Haram would strike like they usually do when Retardeen Jonathan failed policies are under scrutiny

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Tolexander: 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
cKaiser: Is this to cover up Stella Oduahs case?

Someone predicted last week that Boko Haram would strike like they usually do when Retardeen Jonathan failed policies are under scrutiny
hmmm! You gat brain!

That is what we call a red herring
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
These guys are competing big time with Syria in terms of attacks and counter attacks. In fact BK activities can be ranked among other nations like.
1. Afghanistan
2. Iraq
3. Syria
4. Egypt
5. Nigeria
6. Somali
7. Tunisia

Lord God May your will be done in Nigeria.Amen. Pls save s from this blood sucking terrorists and the PDP.
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Jbluv55(m): 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2013
alotofgrace: haha!! shocked bh again...nawao

i thought they r now into rat killing biznays... undecided
The thing tire me o.......even to kill rat for some ppl dey very very hard.......not to talk of slaughtering humans.......Chei
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by oLAAbEfe(m): 8:34pm On Oct 21, 2013

seconded...
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Tuntheycr7: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
this is really gettin outta hand.
Sumtymz I cant believe we ve gat a president.
And later he wud put on his hat sayin na naija time to xperience terrorism its all over d world....
What a daft presidumb we ve gat
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Jbluv55(m): 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
Tuntheycr7: this really get outta hand.
Cant believe we ve gat a president.
And later he wud put on his hat sayin na naija time to xperience terrorism its all over d world....
Nor mind am......I consider his talks to be arrant nonsense .......the other time he said he knew the sponsors of BokoHaram n then he kept mute afterwards. Some of us that had investments n interests in the North are no longer comfortable going there. So pathetic ........sad
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by cashkidp3: 9:42pm On Oct 21, 2013

u pple had d opportunity of seperatin b4 bt awo due to his greediness ruined it

1 Like

Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by cashkidp3: 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
Tuntheycr7: this is really gettin outta hand.
Sumtymz I cant believe we ve gat a president.
u dont hv to blame gej bt d northern politicians who ar power drunk
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Jbluv55(m): 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
cashkidp3: u dont hv to blame gej bt d northern politicians who ar power drunk
I don't have anything personal against GEJ but I think plenty of the things happening wudnt have bin happening if there was someone else in power. I think his leadership isn't compatible with the current Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Aedesmuskeeto: 10:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
cashkidp3: u dont hv to blame gej bt d northern politicians who ar power drunk
you think the northerners are itching for power to the extent of making their region a death-zone

Thats a million dollar question..

1 Like

Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Lilaex: 12:36am On Oct 22, 2013
Idiiot dis is a fooolish question.. Monkey. is it not d way day promise to make nigeria ungovernable for Him(Gej)

Aedes_muskeeto: you think the northerners are itching for power to the extent of making their region a death-zone

Thats a million dollar question..
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 22, 2013
Take note oo.. GEJ's minister is in trouybkle.. People already said it that they won't be surprised if boko haram starts attacking again after Oduah's mess...
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by luvmijeje(f): 1:57am On Oct 22, 2013
cKaiser: Is this to cover up Stella Oduahs case?

The guy was right! Boko-haram is PDP and PDP is boko-haram, so they have been using boko-haram to divide us, to keep us in fear and to divert our attention.
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by BabaEleko(m): 5:07am On Oct 22, 2013
I dey come cry
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by bcomputer101: 6:56am On Oct 22, 2013
OJODEL10: GO SERVE THIS NATION

Woe unto your English teacher...
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by cashkidp3: 7:14am On Oct 22, 2013
bcomputer101:

Woe unto your English teacher...
grin grin
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by gbadexy(m): 7:20am On Oct 22, 2013
So the 3 civilian jtf were killed while going after the fleeing boko haram.
I wonder if boko haram would still exist if these courageous vigilant youths were armed.
RIP to the dead.
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by cashkidp3: 7:23am On Oct 22, 2013
Jbluv55:
I don't have anything personal against GEJ but I think plenty of the things happening wudnt have bin happening if there was someone else in power. I think his leadership isn't compatible with the current Nigeria.
so u mean dt gej shud jst resign n a northerner shud take ova dude,hell no gej wil b there till 2019.there is ntin they cn do dt they hvnt done..as long as bh menace is only hapenin in their region n they ar kilin their fellow northerners,i dont gv a bleep abt dt cool cool
Re: Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs by Badassniggga(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2013
OJODEL10: GO SERVE THIS NATION
grin wetin b dis?

(1) (Reply)

Obiano Fails Integrity Test, Caught With Prepared Text / News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight / Nasir El Ruffai After The Osun Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.