Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

It’s Not Enough To Be A Good Web Designer Anymore! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / It’s Not Enough To Be A Good Web Designer Anymore! (739 Views)

7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design / How To Get A Good Web Hosting In Nigeria / Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It’s Not Enough To Be A Good Web Designer Anymore! by winexviv: 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
Many people don’t realize that times have changed. Today, in this global economy, you are not competing for jobs against web designers from your hometown, you are competing for jobs against web designers from all over the world. There will always be people who are more skilled than you or who are able to charge lower prices than you (or both). You have to be able to bring something more than web design skills or low prices to the table if you want to get the job. What can you do to stand out from the crowd?

One of the best competitive advantages that you can have as a web designer is an in-depth knowledge of online marketing. It’s safe to say that most people who hire web designers are running some sort of a business and believe me, they are tired of dealing with web designers who don’t understand the basic concepts of online marketing, because it just makes everything so much harder. Sure, entrepreneurs want websites that look good, but, more importantly, they want websites that convert, and if you can build websites that are both beautiful and convert well, entrepreneurs will be more than happy to hire you. That’s why becoming savvy in online marketing might be one of the best moves that you can make in your web design career.

Remember, if you want to be a successful freelance web designer, you have to understand that it’s not about you, it’s about the client. Talk to clients and understand the problems they have, come up with the solutions for them and learn to explain the benefits that they will get in a language they understand. This is what will allow you to get more clients, get better clients, and charge higher rates. The sooner you shift your mindset from “I, I, I,” to “client, client, client”, the better.

3 Likes

Re: It’s Not Enough To Be A Good Web Designer Anymore! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
This is a wonderful piece. Everyone needs to take this into cognisance

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Laptop Or A Web Dev Job / A Good And Experienced Website Developer Is Needed For A Job. / The Untruthful Bloggers! Are You One Of Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.