Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Why Are We Educated? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are We Educated? (448 Views)

At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. / Who Are The Most Educated Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are We Educated? by Dominionng(m): 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
When we were young we were told of the story of how India humiliated Nigeria in a football match by scoring as high as 100 and out of sympathy conceding one goal to Nigeria. The goal keeper was said to have been intimidated by the ball which was said to change to arrow, lion and other dangerous creatures. Back in my hood, a pastor to whom I was very close told me of how he rode a motor cycle from Ekiti to Ibadan to watch a football match. According to him, a nigerian player by name Thunder Balogun played a shot that ripped open the bowel of his brother who was the goal keeper. I had argue bitterly with Pastor to the extent that I had to be punished by my father who believed I humiliated the man with my barrage of questions which he could not answer. Last month, messages kept pouring into my phone about one executive of MTN who was having his birthday. The message instructed that it should be forwarded to 7 other subscribers after which ones account will be credited with 1500 naira. Over the last one week, I have also received several messages all having the same content. Sometime ago, it bothers on one killer who goes around looking for whom to devour. It warned that recievers should forward it to those they care for. Haba, you need to see the frequency with which I received these messages to understand my worries. How under heaven do we arrive at conclusions without querying the veracity of these stories. For crying loud sake, in which competition did Nigeria and India meet? My quest to unravel the mystery behind this made me to sift through the libraries. I went through the history of the world cup from 1930 till date. Olympics from the begining, commonwealth games from the very inception till date all have not given any clue. Out of curiosity, i have to check African Nation's cup to see if Nigeria met India in any competition but was not successful. A search through the Guinness book of records would not unravel the mystery, where then did our people get this story? I have dealt with guns and I know there are guns that can travel several kilometers. I equally know too that some guns can not move further than some few meters. I try to imagine the recoil power in the leg of Thunder Balogun that made him play ball which could kill a person. How loud was the voice of the wife in the midst of crowd to the extent that the husband would hear her shouting 'REMEMBER YOUR LEFT LEG'? How come the ball tore the jersey, the underwear, his skin, broke the ribs tore the back bone and repeat the process to the jersey at the back and yet was strong enough to tear the goal netting? Haba? ? ? My pastor claimed he witnessed it and since that day I never believe whatever he says. Now, people are sending message about somebody in MTN, WHAT DOES THE BIRTHDAY OF A STAFF HAVE TO DO WITH A PROMO? May I ask who got the 1500 eventually? Nobody! While I thank those who sent me the message of the supposed killer number, I want to say that it is all a big ruse. I have called the number to kill the killer but the number is not going through. Number ranges are approved by the NCC and this particular one has not been granted by NCC. Which platform is the killer calling from? Is it MTN, GLO, AIRTEL or ETISALAT? Why would the killer kill just anybody? Who has he killed? The questions are too numerous that this page will not contain them. I still don't know why we are educated and yet we can not employ our native intelligence to detect that these are lies. This is a big smack on the education we have all acquired.!!!

(1) (Reply)

Navy And Brutaliyt Of Civilian Staff / Is Education After Secondary School Necessary? / My Dear Lagos State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.