Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

APC To Boycott National Dialogue - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Boycott National Dialogue (7005 Views)

1,000 Defect From APC To PDP In Bayelsa / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Message From APC To Their Supporters - Twitter Handle(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Youceemeri: 9:57am On Oct 23, 2013
Please I Need Sport Betting Software i want to open sport betting center
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by fkaz(m): 9:58am On Oct 23, 2013
2ru-talk:
Is APC even relevant in the proposed dialogue? This is not an inter-party affair but a regional affair. I am tired of these desperadoes who want to assume power at all cost.

What regional affair? Is the proposed national conference by jonathan not political? Since the proposed NC will be sent to national assembly according to jonathan, APC has right to give their view/stand. since they have party member who are in senate and house of rep where final decision will taking.

What will be the essence of the national conference if APC as a party in conjunction with some northern senator, throwaway the report of the NC when it get to national assembly

2 Likes

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by kennygreat(m): 10:06am On Oct 23, 2013
Wen will Nija politics b lyk dat of united state wia political parties put d country 1st in wat eva tin dey do? I hate APC wit passion, cos dey r nagative in all aspect nd neva c anytin positive in d affairs of d fedral gov. Cos its nt governed by dem

2 Likes

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by emmasege: 10:09am On Oct 23, 2013
Take dat, You are on point! This should have been the outcry of APC- a national conference that can only be ratified by a referendum and not by the National Assembly. But being politicians themselves and one of the national thieves, they will never suggest a referendum because they know pretty well that the oil money can still last the nation for some years to come, and the bigger the cake the better for them IF they miraculously displace PDP in Aso rock. So, they would rather bark, bark and bark only as they always do.

What Nigerians want is a Conference, whose decisions, can in the final analysis only be ratified by a popular referendum. Yes, the NA will make the enabling law to kick start the conference but the outcome should be subject to the approval of Nigerians, where sovereignty truly resides. It means that its powers are subject only to the outcome of a popular free and fair referendum. Anything aside from that will be a 'CON'ference(a political jamboree and an economic bazaar).

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Decryptor(m): 10:14am On Oct 23, 2013
jerseyboy: Tinibu is a Reverse Moses leading his people back to Egypt.
And his brothers are so dumb and blindly following grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by PointB: 10:23am On Oct 23, 2013
kennygreat: Wen will Nija politics b lyk dat of united state wia political parties put d country 1st in wat eva tin dey do? I hate APC wit passion, cos dey r nagative in all aspect nd neva c anytin positive in d affairs of d fedral gov. Cos its nt governed by dem

Show it with your vote!
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by ayili: 10:30am On Oct 23, 2013
kettykings: APC should not only boycott a conference designed to ease tension and bring back Nigeria from the brink they should boycott Nigeria, was it not an APC government official that was weeping and whining to high heavens about the domineering presence of igbos in lagos preferring to waste volumes of newspaper pages in their hypocritical write ups about the ownership of lagos and threatening to deport more igbos, seize igbo property, close down Ladipo, Alaba and otigba markets while apologising on one hand about the deportations .

Is this what opposition is all about criticism, blames and propaganda while dodging the avenue to discuss and proffer solutions to the country's ailments
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by fkaz(m): 10:39am On Oct 23, 2013

Asked to be categorical whether the party was going to boycott the conference, Mohammed said, “There is no issue of boycotting. I have put it clear to you: this is diversionary.

“If it is a clear or meaningful national dialogue, we will participate, but this isn’t. The President himself has said whatever is discussed will be subjected to National Assembly. So, what you are having is a constitutional amendment.”

[size=13pt]APC is on point, why will they participate in a national conference when they have member of their party at national assembly who will take final decision. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by ayili: 10:51am On Oct 23, 2013
atlwireles: The All Progressives Congress has said it will not participate in the planned national dialogue announced by President Goodluck Jonathan on October 1.

It hinged its decision on the fact that the “dialogue was nothing but a mere constitutional amendment process’’ which is already being carried out by the National Assembly.

This decision was taken at the party’s National Executive Committee meeting in Abuja on Tuesday.

It coincided with the Progressive Governors’ Forum’s threat to use all constitutional means, including legal action, to compel the Federal Government to pay all shortfalls in allocations to the 36 states of the federation.

“From what we are seeing, we must stand up to those things now or Nigerians might pay a bigger price for it in 2015.”

www.punchng.com/news/apc-to-boycott-national-dialogue
@ bolded abi na strike them go do #asuustyle atleast that one sure pass
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by successking: 10:52am On Oct 23, 2013
APC is a bunch of selfish criminals despirate to take over power for its self centred interests. We will only have a meaningful discussion in the absence of these despirate politicians. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by abdurrazaq(m): 10:56am On Oct 23, 2013
Decryptor: And his brothers are so dumb and blindly following grin grin
Unlike you lots that were blindly led to your early graves decades ago due to your ‘brother‘s‘ selfishness in the name of Biafra, The Yorubas are not st pid.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Bpriest(m): 10:58am On Oct 23, 2013
Yoruba, Igbo,Hausa-fulani should b kicked out of this country. they are the problem of Nigeria. They brought tribalism and mistrust in every sector of this nation.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 23, 2013
In democracy, majority carries the votes. In this case, APC is the minority as compared to the population of Nigerians who believe in the dialogue.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 23, 2013
Yeye dey smell...as if they must attend
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 23, 2013
Youceemeri: Please I Need Sport Betting Software i want to open sport betting center
I am interested please
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by nagoma(m): 11:35am On Oct 23, 2013
“What we see today is that this government has lost focus; it has lost credibility, it has lost control of the economy.

Insecurity and corruption have attained an uncontrollable proportion and at this point in time, this government lacks the credibility to organise a meaningful national conference."... Period.
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by onyeamuma72: 11:38am On Oct 23, 2013
Apc is the worst thing ever happen to nig look at Buhari, north, an islamic jihadist Tinubu,west, an islamic rascal heartless inhuman okorocha,East,his father igbo his mother an hausa woman a great political commedian since Rochas join this panadol oh sorry Apc noting is happeng in Imo again
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by huptin(m): 11:41am On Oct 23, 2013
If whatever decisions that will be taken at the SNC will still be refered back to the national assembly, then the whole thing will be a waste of time and no credible nigerian should attend. As for APC, they are entitled to their opinion, they were not invited any way. its better to jaw-jaw than to war-war

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by israel007: 11:53am On Oct 23, 2013
Nuvally:

Keep quite my friend

JOIN THEM!!!

luvinhubby:
grin grin grin grin Like you need a map and a bus to get to hell grin grin grin grin

bro those guys are so daft they would need it.
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by gerald09(m): 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
Wsdm:
And the PDP lead government staging an NC instead of SNC is not a problem to you?
Technically its d Nigerian President dat did and to c how effective and accepted it is even his Opponent within d party has welcomed it (Kwankaso), the senate welcomed it, its just dat majority of these people are PDP. Oshomole only made a few discrepancies due to d fact dat PDP may want to use it as a scam but he welcomed it IF it was genuine. So APC crying fowl play even b4 giving d president benefit of doubt shows how petty dey are.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by debsite: 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
PDP has not really done much since 1999 but some people were blindfolded to think that all about is GEJ forgetting about the past government. But he too hasn't perform to the expectation, as he recorded success in some area and failure in some parts. As I've said, the problem is not about GEJ alone, also, we need to change our mindset, we are too gullible to be carried away by the politics of divide and rule .Back to APC, their statement against NC isn't new, they always politicized everything that will benefit the nation. Finally, nobody really wants them for they are not representing the interest of yorubas as some tribes believed. APC, the chameleon party who keep changing names. Corrupt set of wolves claiming to be sheep that have looted everything at their disposal and wants to attain power by every means even at the expense of peace and unity of our DEAR COUNTRY is quite different from AFENIFERE that we knew to defend the interest of yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by tobnical(m): 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
Who cares? Afterall it's not political parties affairs......
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by hardballripplez: 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
luvinhubby: OBJ had organized a Political Reform Conference and it did not work, this one is not political so political parties like PDP and APC are not welcome, it is purely for ethnic nationalities. If Ohaneze or Afenifere is saying this, then I will be concerned.
APC abeg park well and siddon for gutter we no wan see una for this talk-talk.

Let`s re-arrange Nigeria so that no one man will hijack a state like Lagos the way Jagaban has done.
And how does afenifere represent the collective interest of the yorubas?? Most yoruba youths don't even know those old men!! Yea:: there have always been agitations for a national conference, why does it have to be soo close to the 2015 elections ?that's what APC is asking. yes I may not be a supporter of Apc, but I wouldn't even trust a president who couldn't honour the zoning policy of his party, a president who changed his mind about the Nc overnight!! And if there has to be a national conference, it has to be sovereign that's what Apc is saying. some of the past presidents tried this nc coz they were seeking for another term I know that of obasanjo who was seeking for a third term and abacha too.
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by nduchucks: 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
atlwireles: Pretenders never change. Now they don't want a conference but a constitutional amendment. Give them a constitutional amendment, they will throw up another name. grin grin grin grin grin

In your haste to criticize APC, you missed the most important point. I repost it here so that you can find an interpreter in case we have an issue of English comprehension.

If it is a clear or meaningful national dialogue, we will participate, but this isn’t. The President himself has said whatever is discussed will be subjected to National Assembly. So, what you are having is a constitutional amendment.

You and others can continue to bury your heads in sand. Rakumin dajij

www.nairaland.com/attachments/648223_rak_jpg3be10a689dcae3eda0158a90666e866e
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by ayili: 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

If it is a clear or meaningful national
dialogue, we will participate, but this isn’t. The President himself has said whatever is discussed will be subjected to National Assembly. So, what you are having is a
constitutional amendment.

they have concluded that it isn't meaningful, when its terms and agenda has not being set. how did dey come to that conclusion?
is the suggestions of the president about national assembly binding and unchangeable? no , if majority dont agree with it will change. so APC crying foul because of that is too early
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by nduchucks: 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
ayili:

they have concluded that it isn't meaningful, when its terms and agenda has not being set. how did dey come to that conclusion?
is the suggestions of the president about national assembly binding and unchangeable? no , if majority dont agree with it will change. so APC crying foul because of that is too early

Whatever comes out of this conference is not binding until debated in NASS and included in the constitution after appropriate state approvals. Do not be decieved.
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
Igbo people wey carry head like flat worn out tyres, dem no dey take ear hear APC na so dem go start to talk from both side of their yansh.. God punish them the more! Sentimental biiitches on the loose! The Insincere FG wey never fit handle all the probes and corrupt cases for and their self-sponsored terrorism na dem wan organise national conference? Administration wey dey pardon top notch criminal and favour corrupt official na dem wan do sovereign national conference! All na wash! Distraction at its best!

Bringing up so-called SNC just to distract the matter for ground is un accepted. The FG is not sincere at all! Jonathan must be high on dog pisss if he thinks this SNC eish will save his asss in 2015.. PDP thieves must be flushed out like sewage..
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by klax(m): 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
APC very funny party, im not really surprise about their action I knew they will not come and ends up cooked up crock and chicken story so sorry indeed and this is the party that want to rule Nigeria or the party that is dreaming to remove PDP from power? I laugh in my native language.

I could remember it was this same ACN+CPC that were clamouring for National Dialogue some months ago now is the time another story brewed up. APC or PAC or ACP or CAP or whatever you called yourself you are not of the interest of this Nation to be honest with ourselves biko, please for God if you do not wish to attend the Dialogue you may go "burst" Nobody care and nobody even want to see your pretending faces their. Pretending Liars!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by russellino: 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
atlwireles: Pretenders never change. Now they don't want a conference but a constitutional amendment. Give them a constitutional amendment, they will throw up another name. grin grin grin grin grin

Those men are not democrats if they honestly believe that a national dialogue or conference is a political party matter.

All political parties MUST be made irrelevant for this dialogue to be meaningful. These men are on a long tin sha! They are crying about FAAC while the masses want massive restructuring of the fiscal make-up

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by ak47mann(m): 2:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
cool cool

If una no wan listen na so una go dey hear am...i said b4 that one day una go beg us to go..we have many ways to deal with our enemies,we can use diseases like TB AND OTHERS or internal war cool

We are the people, we are industrious, we are civilized, we are natural intelligent, we are the tap root of Nollywood, we are educated, we are creative, we are the light of the Nation, we are self independent, we are the wise men from the EAST

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by DerideGull(m): 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
I am not surprise APC is already kicking against the idea of constituting a national conference to discuss all issues about Nigeria. APC is constituted of evil axis in Nigeria. I hope the jackasses understood the perils of the alternative to NC.

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by russellino: 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
huptin: If whatever decisions that will be taken at the SNC will still be refered back to the national assembly, then the whole thing will be a waste of time and no credible nigerian should attend.

The last referendum held in nigeria was in 1963 (fifty years ago). The Nigerian parliament in response to agitation for the creation of a Midwest state, okayed a referendum in which voters overwhelmingly voted for the creation of a fourth region in Nigeria.

I think its important to take this process through the necessary stages or else it will be rendered invalid. Let's take it step by step

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Oyebanji Inaugurates Southwest Zonal Public Health Laboratory / Tinubu Should Just Appoint This Man As A Chief Of Staff. / See President Jonathan’s House In Otueke (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.