Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

APC To Boycott National Dialogue - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Boycott National Dialogue (7006 Views)

1,000 Defect From APC To PDP In Bayelsa / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Message From APC To Their Supporters - Twitter Handle(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by DerideGull(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Whatever comes out of this conference is not binding until debated in NASS and included in the constitution after appropriate state approvals. Do not be decieved.

Why would NASS debate the outcome of national conference? The outcome could be limited to national policy that does not require NASS rubber stamp. If the people wanted to go their separate ways, NASS does not need debate it or enshrine it into constitution.

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Emperor007: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
But seriously, what we need is Soveriegn National Conference ( SNC ), not " National Conference " that would be subject to rectification by NASS.

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Emperor007: 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
DerideGull:

Why would NASS debate the outcome of national conference? The outcome could be limited to national policy that does not require NASS rubber stamp. If the people wanted to go their separate ways, NASS does not need debate it or enshrine it into constitution.

^^^

Meaning, the outcome of the National Conference shouldn't be sent to NASS at all.

I think that's what they're contesting. Why not make it Soveriegn National Conference, to remove every atom of doubt on the outcome of the conference? Since everybody seems to be happy with that.

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by russellino: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
Emperor_007: But seriously, what we need is Soveriegn National Conference ( SNC ), not " National Conference " that would be subject to rectification by NASS.

The northern elite cried blue murder when GEJ proposed a "sovereign conference". Whatever the semantics, dem no born NASS well to resist the yearnings of the ppl. It will be put to vote so let everybody who has been an armchair critic get their Reps to do what they want done which is a referendum.

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Emperor007: 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
russellino:

The northern elite cried blue murder when GEJ proposed a "sovereign conference". Whatever the semantics, dem no born NASS well to resist the yearnings of the ppl. It will be put to vote so let everybody who has been an armchair critic get their Reps to do what they want done which is a referendum.

^^^

Cool, makes sense.

Ok, GEJ is using diplomacy to achieve the result 99.1% Nigerians have been crying for.

National Conference is long over due.

APC ( and other parties ) are not needed, what's required are people nominated by various tribes / geopolitical zones to represent them.

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by russellino: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
Emperor_007:
^^^

Cool, makes sense.

Ok, GEJ is using diplomacy to achieve the result 99.1% Nigerians have been crying for.

National Conference is long over due.

APC ( and other parties ) are not needed, what's required are people nominated by various tribes / geopolitical zones to represent them.

I tell you that man isn't as dumb as he looks. My problem with him is that he has given up on fighting corruption head-on. Rather he wants to develop alongside corruption.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Emperor007: 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
russellino:

I tell you that man isn't as dumb as he looks. My problem with him is that he has given up on fighting corruption head-on. Rather he wants to develop alongside corruption.

^^^

Noted

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by nduchucks: 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
russellino:

Only a foolish person would not acknowledge that NASS represents the people. The fact remains that both NASS and the President cannot operate outside the constitution of our great country.

You people are too timid to force your leaders to convrne a true SNC. You couldn't even sustain the fuel subsidy protest becaude of tribalism. SMH
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by Tochi3(m): 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
This is not a political conference of Political Parties but a conference to discuss and navigate the future of Nigerians by Nigerians. The outcome of such a conference should never be underestimated or be seen by any political party as a strategy to hold on to power.

Anybody that accept that the proposed conference is mere diversionary and a waste of time is not being honest and lacks the intelligence to tap in to the numerous opportunities that will be available after such dialogue.
What is politics without the voice of the masses being respected. What is the essence of having political parties who do not even know what the masses are yearning for.

The National Conference that is being proposed by this administration have provided a great avenue to have an idea what Niigerians are expecting from them and in the long run establish an unbreakable bond of friendship and trust between them and the masses.

The voice of the masses are thesame. From the East to West, North to South , the masses are singing thesame song. Who says that the masses in the Northern part do not want to be involved in a National dialogue. In these regard, I must say that we must make a clear distinction between the Northern elites and the Northern masses. The opposition to the conference from this region comes only from the oligarch and NOT from the masses who are afraid to forfeit the political and economic powers they have attained over the years using thesame masses as tools for their selfish interest.
If there are oppositions to the conference from the West, East and South, thesame reason as stated above is attributable.

I am not a fan of PDP, APC or any other Party but someone with a lot of interest in the development of Nigeria as a whole. I believe the oppostion Parties have a lot to gain especially APC being the biggest opposition as at the moment if they for once look at the other side of the coin. No?
Power lies with the people but most are not aware of it. Make them know these fact. If only the opposition Parties are critical and logical and above politics, the masses will look up to them.

1 Like

Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by sasview: 6:47am On Oct 24, 2013
To-chi:
This is not a political conference of Political Parties but a conference to discuss and navigate the future of Nigerians by Nigerians. The outcome of such a conference should never be underestimated or be seen by any political party as a strategy to hold on to power.

Anybody that accept that the proposed conference is mere diversionary and a waste of time is not being honest and lacks the intelligence to tap in to the numerous opportunities that will be available after such dialogue.
What is politics without the voice of the masses being respected. What is the essence of having political parties who do not even know what the masses are yearning for.

The National Conference that is being proposed by this administration have provided a great avenue to have an idea what Niigerians are expecting from them and in the long run establish an unbreakable bond of friendship and trust between them and the masses.

The voice of the masses are thesame. From the East to West, North to South , the masses are singing thesame song. Who says that the masses in the Northern part do not want to be involved in a National dialogue. In these regard, I must say that we must make a clear distinction between the Northern elites and the Northern masses. The opposition to the conference from this region comes only from the oligarch and NOT from the masses who are afraid to forfeit the political and economic powers they have attained over the years using thesame masses as tools for their selfish interest.
If there are oppositions to the conference from the West, East and South, thesame reason as stated above is attributable.

I am not a fan of PDP, APC or any other Party but someone with a lot of interest in the development of Nigeria as a whole. I believe the oppostion Parties have a lot to gain especially APC being the biggest opposition as at the moment if they for once look at the other side of the coin. No?
Power lies with the people but most are not aware of it. Make them know these fact. If only the opposition Parties are critical and logical and above politics, the masses will look up to them.

we are Nigerians we know their anticident, I am suprise you are putting much trust on the people that will always let you down, prove to me that "Oputa panel" and several others were not waste of time, then I will be on this page with you on this.
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by kennytidistar(m): 9:17am On Oct 24, 2013
they are not important let them goto he'll afterall they became so called leader through coup and election rigging, How will they speak MY mind at the conference? greedy bastard rogues always hungry for power. shioor!

APC your levels dey for junction dey collect tax not sensitive issue like confab, tinubu please concentrate on agbero, let Jonathan build the nation.
Re: APC To Boycott National Dialogue by VivianWatson22: 11:46am On Oct 24, 2013
mtchew.... rubbish people instagram like bot 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See President Jonathan’s House In Otueke (pic) / No Politician Is Worth Fighting For - Odewale Adesoye / The 500m Rich Yoruba Man Is Now A Beggar~photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.