Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? (1058 Views)

Learn Simple Steps on how To Design your own Forum / The Web Has Become Really Annoying / The Best Way To Bill Your Client For Your Website Design Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? by mambenanje(m): 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2008
I would like to know how webmasters take a project from the requirements to the hosting and presentation to the client. I for one, I start with a pencil and paper, I draw what will be the most appropriate look of the site. I do so by visiting other sites that are already online with similar concept. after drawing the site, I open up fireworks and do the graphics representation of the page.
After all that I can just open dreamweaver, starts some css and html, cutting pictures, saving, refreshing the page and there you go the design is out. I then go on to yahoo messenger chat with some pals.
After that I get the content and duplicate the pages and then see how to fit in the content on everypage.
finally register the domain and hosting, off to host it.
My process my not be the best and it can be better. can you please post your own so we can all learn . Remember we are talking only about designing a simple website like www.damwo.org which i just did
Re: The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? by OmniPotens(m): 10:05pm On Jul 07, 2008
Your idea ain't bad at all. I think most people out here have similar concepts though not exactly.

For me, after I have heard the requirements from my clients, I pencil down all on paper. I make a search of the chosen or suggested domain name to see if it is still available. Once available, I get it registered. Next, I do a mock of the site on paper to approximate the look. From there, I use Adobe Fireworks to do the design. I then figure out any new things to add or older ones to remove. From the textural outputs on the design, I figure out what the CSS would be like. I use my notepad to start both the CSS and HTML design after which I use Adobe Dreamweaver to complete.

Dreamweaver, Flash, swish and Fireworks keep being inter-changed during the design process. I sometimes make use of CorelDraw to make some graphics too. It works for me.

I try to come up with the basic idea for all the required major pages. From here now, I will be able to ascertain the size of the website then approximate what hosting size and platform to use.

Once I'm done with getting a hosting account, I upload using my FTP client then view to see what my job looks like. At this point, I get some people especially good browsers to first review the site and tell me how they will feel visiting it after which I can seek the concept of other webmasters.

Finally, I integrate the corrections received the finish the other minor pages. Do the final uploading then call on my client to see what he thinks.
Re: The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? by HC: 10:50am On Jul 08, 2008
Check the process below.

Re: The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? by mambenanje(m): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2008
Omni and HC
nice writeups and process and I think from all I see we can get to a certain standard which can be applicable for all WEB DESIGN JOBS.
Re: The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? by webemerald(m): 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2008
I love the whole graphical workflow presented by Hc, it prooves there are intelligent people in this forum.

cheesy
Re: The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? by smartsoft(m): 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2008
well this how i do it, take u for instance you need a design, once your domain has been forwarded,

1. browse for your domain, and register it in case of necessity,
2. look through to what you want, that determines kind of hosting space for your website
3. sketch out design in 3 samples on my drawing book, giving them different color combination with my pencil maker,
4. putting that on the system and getting the feel.
5. creating the 3 different template on the system, allowing you choose the one you want,
6. When the clients agrees to choose one, i come and fine-tune them, that will determine what software i'm going to use to fine tune it well, i have photoshop, fireworks, illustrator
7. Slice and dice
8. fix in CSS and adjustment
9. upload the whole stuff on my demowebsite
10. send it to client, for review,
11. after upload to the main host
12. give you the client a CD that contains the website, with PSD files, PNG files, Images, .fla files, e.t.c
13. write my balance cheque.
14. laugh to the bank
15. collect my money
16. zoom offffffffffffff

one project done,
Re: The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? by Elgaxton(m): 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2008
cool thots i think.

HC,

Your graphical representation is a standard one but my guy u never jam clients o, the one that will continue telling u:

I want this, I want that, ok I don't want it again. please make the color (after he selected your template o)

Please I want intro, i want it to be a biggg intro like TV.

Men nigerian web clients fit drive person mad I dey tell you
Re: The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? by HC: 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2008
Thats why you have to sit down and do your homework before you start you mock design, look at sites that offer similar services and come up with some good concept before you present to client, atleast that reduces the "i want this and i want that"; beside all you will show the client will be images which you can always edit.

Also remember one important thing, the only time a client should tell make changes is before the commencement of the project, once the project starts and you guys have signed a memorandum of understanding and terms and conditions, any new changes should be charged for.
Re: The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? by Mason9: 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
Whether you’re someone who spends a lot of time outdoors or someone who just needs some extra cooling in their home, investing in a portable fan is a great idea. Make sure to do your research and find a fan that meets all of your needs. https://allcoolfans.com/best-fan-for-radiator/
Re: The Web Design Process | How Do You Design Your Client Websites ? by OsbornTyler7: 9:03am On Nov 29, 2023
It all started with an idea to create a unique and memorable website for my business. I spent a lot of time defining my goals, target audience and the key design elements I wanted to see on my website. An important part of the process was open and effective communication with best company website design. We discussed the details of the project, made a few adjustments and clarified additional requirements. The results exceeded my expectations! My website looks modern, professional and fully reflects the spirit of my business. I am happy with my choice and thank the designer for his excellent work!

(1) (Reply)

Need A Good SIM Host / Long Code Provider / Somebody Please Help Me On Web Hosting / In Need Of A Web Designer Personal Tutor In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.