Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

President Yar'adua Should Resign! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Yar'adua Should Resign! (2716 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / President Yar'adua - 3 Years Remembrance / Is President Yar'adua Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 3:49am On Jul 08, 2008
Dis Guy:

hmmm that will increase the number of people wanting to be called ex-president, even though they know they can't achieve anything tangible within that short period; afterall it takes about 8 month to release mobilisation fee for a project and you know ex-presidos get the same salary as the current president for life.

corruption takes place mostly just before handing over, so one month each for the 7 critical areas, transport, education, health etc grin

this plan has been tried with the Nigerian football association we are still no where near the final of a world cup and we are still not short of candidates cool

Well,  at this point, anything but what we have been doing all this while. This strategy works in corporations though, so I am willing to give it a short cause I am done spending years of my own life waiting for someone to prove he can or can not do the job. This is not about these people but about the country itself. I understand some people have the need to worship one person or another but I really don't give a hoot who is in office as long as the person is being productive. If not, even if it is the blind dude down by ojuelegba that is able to accomplish something in the short time given him, I will go for him.

Now, about the ex-president talk, by the time you start this sort of thing, I think people will be too ashamed to claim they were ex-presidents who served for less than a year, but then again we are talking of Nigerians here.

madamkoko:

I think Kobojunkie's argument is that even as governor, Yar'adua didn't do much, NOW, what makes us think that he'll do anything as president.

As president however, its an entire set of responsibilities don't you think ?

My thing is this: He's only president: what about the corrupt governors, senators, army officers, leaders, etc under him, I mean what can he do to curb those people.

So in essence, he could not do his job as governor well but somehow he can handle a situation with way more responsibilities better??
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 3:49am On Jul 08, 2008
On the other hand, if we looking for drastic change as Kobojunkie puts it then I agree with Disguy as posted in his earlIER statements that we will need to

have to find people to occupy the house and senate as well those people [b](recycled old fools) [/b]who are holding back the country as well!
need to be REMOVED.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 3:53am On Jul 08, 2008
The only reason those recycled old goons are still there is because people are still willing to find excuses to comfort themselves in their lack of will for change. That is why I say Nigerians , for the most part , deserve these goons and may continue to get them until they learn to let go of these excuses, and stand up for what is right and their right.

Ever Notice how every new idea (that has never even been tried) is shot down with a thousand excuses for why it will never work and why the status quo is the better alternative?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 3:55am On Jul 08, 2008

nobody is willing to wait
you cant blame us, ever since I was born we've been shouting up NEPA! im sick of it!

LOL!!!!!

Is it just NEPA or all the generator noise and pollution, I don't know how we sleep sometimes,
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Dakore(f): 4:00am On Jul 08, 2008
President Yar'adua resigns because there is no visible sign of progress
New President *insert name here* is appointed.

2 months later. . .

New President *insert name here* should resign!!!!

and the cycle goes on. . .

and on. . .

miracles, electricity and sky bridges don't appear overnight guys
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by DisGuy: 4:01am On Jul 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The only reason those recycled old goons are still there is because people are still willing to find excuses to comfort themselves in their lack of will for change. That is why I say Nigerians deserve for the most part these goons and may continue to get them until they learn to let go of these excuses and stand up for what is right and their right.

Ever Notice how every new idea (that has never even been tried) is shot down with a thousand excuses for why it will never work and why the status quo is the better alternative?? ROFLMAO!!

or because you and I can't really vouch for any individual that can make this change!

can you name anyone is willing and able to make changes?
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 4:05am On Jul 08, 2008
Dis Guy:

or because you and I can't really vouch for any individual that can make this change!

can you name anyone is willing and able to make changes?

Hmm, is there a law that in any way mandates that you and I need to be able to "VOUCH" for someone else who can make change, before we proceed to change the current situation? Does a company wait until it can “VOUCH” for another candidate being able to make a change, before it knows to kick out the current CEO whose track record has been proven to be seriously lacking?? What is with this "LOYALTY TO CRAP" mentality we have going on over there??
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by DisGuy: 4:08am On Jul 08, 2008
well When you remove the CEO you don't put yourself there! you get a qualified experience with track record as long as your arm, so. . . .?

its not about loyalty, you have to vote for someone abi
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 4:13am On Jul 08, 2008
Sisikill:

Can we be realistic in our expectations? Is that too much to ask?
i tire o.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 4:13am On Jul 08, 2008
Dis Guy:

well When you remove the CEO you don't put yourself there! you get a qualified experience with track record as long as your arm, so. . . .?

its not about loyalty, you have to vote for someone abi

Sigh!!! When you remove CEO's you vote sure but you can in the meantime have an acting CEO in place till the next person comes in. But the main is you act to remove the weak CEO, only then will your investors be happy. Happy that they see progress and change occuring, even if it is not immediate but that reassures them that they are investing in the right company, willing to make change when it should.

It does not matter what tribe or religion or skin shade. The point is it is time for us to stop settling for less and waiting for miracles that may never come. We should focus on making best use of the time we have here and now so we can make sure that those after us do not inherit this nonsense.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 4:15am On Jul 08, 2008
Kobojunkie : you can't fix Nigeria using a corporate model. IMPOSSIBLE.

Lets work with what we have and make progress move slowly. At least, Yar ardua is not as corrupt as past presidents!!
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 4:17am On Jul 08, 2008
madamkoko:

Kobojunkie : you can't fix Nigeria using a corporate model. IMPOSSIBLE.

Typical. So we should NEVER try what works elsewhere before we condemn it. Just cause we can not imagine it working means it will NEVER WORK For us. Instead,

madamkoko:

Lets work with what we have and make progress move slowly. At least, Yar ardua is not as corrupt as past presidents!!

Let us continue with what has continued to fail us for over 40 years.

ROFLMAO!!

Sorry, I don't know Yar adua enough to know if he is less corrupt or not. Less corrupt but ineffective is not necessarily better on my scale. I am sorry. I aim for higher cause I have seen it and know it exists.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 4:19am On Jul 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Typical. So we should NEVER try what works elsewhere before we condemn it. Just cause we can not imagine it working means it will NEVER WORK For us. Instead,

Of course we should. But do we have the resources in place and the brain power? NO!

Let us continue with what has continued to fail us for over 40 years instead.

ROFLMAO!!
Hi ROFLMAO, we want to change it. Why don't you summarize an agenda that you think will produce this effective change?
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by onyinye2(f): 4:22am On Jul 08, 2008
i feel the nigerians themselves should stop waiting around for this wanna be president. if you see something wrong in your community, take charge and fix it. you guys know that the Nigeria has so much to offer. but where does that money go, not to good use. instead of importing foreign cars you only drive once, save money and put it to good us. start a committee of people to some how better the roads, the schools, the youth. just a thought.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 4:24am On Jul 08, 2008
First put a government in place that is structured toward the betterment of the people, a government that puts the people before bribery and its selfish greed.  We need to start somewhere, right?

How is naija going to achieve a clean slate when it appears the prsident changes every 4 years, maybe, but not the governing body?
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 4:24am On Jul 08, 2008
CH3COO, abeg help me ask am.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 4:25am On Jul 08, 2008
I agree, how can Nigeria change if the recycled old fools are still in power ?
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 4:26am On Jul 08, 2008
We should also not forget that Nigeria does not exist in a vaccum. There are international forces and witches, that in a very subtle way DICTATE who are next leader should be.

I don't mean witches the Nigerian way, I mean WESTERN forces, Chinese investments, Oil companies etc,
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 4:29am On Jul 08, 2008
Definitely! Some of our rulers probably cater to a foreign committee; similar to how Bush has been known to sell his manhood to the Saudi.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by onyinye2(f): 4:29am On Jul 08, 2008
madamkoko:

We should also not forget that Nigeria does not exist in a vaccum. There are international forces and witches, that in a very subtle way DICTATE who are next leader should be.

I don't mean witches the Nigerian way, I mean WESTERN forces, Chinese investments, Oil companies etc,

so are you saying that nigeria should pull away from foreign affairs?? i understand what you are saying but how could we go about this?? our economy depends on these people.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 4:30am On Jul 08, 2008
madamkoko:

Fa fa faaa !!! FOUL!!! this is part of the problem with Nigerians and Africans as a whole. More willing to believe in conspiracy theories than accepting they are the architects of their own miseries.

Come on!! Wake up!! The reason why Nigeria is the way it is and has remained so for decade is one thing and one thing only. NIGERIAN PEOPLE!!!simple!! The reason why the old goons are still able to wield power over you is because of you continuing to allow it. Nothing more.

We are a people of a thousand and one excuses for why we should continue living mediocre and cowardly lives, willing to push blame on every other people but ourselves for the commotion in our midst.

You almost think every other child born to a Nigerian is cursed with the gift of excuses, blindness to his own reality, and cowardice. Lol
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 4:34am On Jul 08, 2008
onyinye2:

i feel the nigerians themselves should stop waiting around for this want to be president. if you see something wrong in your community, take charge and fix it. you guys know that the Nigeria has so much to offer. but where does that money go, not to good use. instead of importing foreign cars you only drive once, save money and put it to good us. start a committee of people to some how better the roads, the schools, the youth. just a thought.
To each man his own.  The typical Nigerian will always look out for his best interest.  Putting himself first and foremost will always be his priority.  No one wants to take the plunge or invest in a "let's wait and hope to see if it will work" cause.  Basically, your suggestion becomes invalid in a real world, but it is the sensible thing to do in an ideal setting.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by onyinye2(f): 4:34am On Jul 08, 2008
@ all

it is not just the president, foreign partners, but nigeria as a whole. why do we as nigerians sit around and complain but when the time comes to speak we go mute?? we all have faults in this problem. we as people depend so much on our leaders to some how deliver us from the commotion as a country we put our selves in. why don't we as people stand up and take charge. we see bad roads, we fix them. we see bad schools, we as a community rebuild them.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 4:37am On Jul 08, 2008
onyinye, we did not wish to put ourselves in this mess. these semi-literate, hare-brained greedy ass leaders put us in this mess.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 4:41am On Jul 08, 2008
@ Kobojunkie, Now I think that u're arguing BLINDLY. Might need to do more research on international policies,

Yes, the Nigerian government should be in everyway responsible for their citizens. America is. Europe is. But every country answers to a higher power. America: the saudis and China, In fact, most countries these days answer to China.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by onyinye2(f): 4:41am On Jul 08, 2008
CH3COO:

onyinye, we did not wish to put ourselves in this mess. these semi-literate, hare-brained greedy ass leaders put us in this mess.

and we all know that the gov't is corrupt right. we can agree on that. so why do we depend so much on them?? we know they are no good but some how feel they will deliver us from the problem. if the PEOPLE dont start to take charge of their country, naija as a whole will demolish and the people with it.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 4:44am On Jul 08, 2008
madamkoko:

@ Kobojunkie, Now I think that u're arguing BLINDLY. Might need to do more research on international policies,

Yes, the Nigerian government should be in everyway responsible for their citizens. America is. Europe is. But every country answers to a higher power. America: the saudis and China, In fact, most countries these days answer to China.

If that will help you live more comfortable with the excuses you continue to sell yourself?? So be it babe!!! So be it!!! I will wait for the day Nigerians will ,not only speak of wanting Change but willingly cast to the side all the silly excuses they have fed themselves for years. I wait for Nigerians to stand up for their right and DEMAND change. Till then, A luta continua !!! LMAO!!
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by BigB11(m): 4:46am On Jul 08, 2008
At this point in time, IBB would have been a better president for Nigeria.

Trust me.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 4:48am On Jul 08, 2008
I mean take South Africa for example during the Apartheid movement, the People ORGANIZED and fought, for their freedom. But don't also forget the corporations and foreign governments that benefitted from Apartheid who didn't want it to end. In fact, some American college students at that time protested and said they wouldn't buy from those companies if they continued to support aparthied, ( some publishing companies and I think Coca cola were boycott)

But don't forget without the international coverage and support from Foreign countries do you think any thing would have happened?

To imagine that an African country (A COLONY) exists in a vacuum is absurd.

You can't talk about Nigerian politics and not talk about these external players.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 4:50am On Jul 08, 2008
madamkoko:

I mean take South Africa for example during the Apartheid movement, the People ORGANIZED and fought, for their freedom. But don't also forget the corporations and foreign governments that benefitted from Apartheid who didn't want it to end. In fact, some American college students at that time protested and said they wouldn't buy from those companies if they continued to support aparthied, ( some publishing companies and I think Coca cola were boycott)

But don't forget without the international coverage and support from Foreign countries do you think any thing would have happened?

To imagine that an African country (A COLONY) exists in a vacuum is absurd.

You can't talk about Nigerian politics and not talk about these external players.

Excuses, and more excuses.  This is definitely a people of a thousand and one excuses, anything to justify mediocrity in the world we live in. LOL!!!
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 4:51am On Jul 08, 2008
onyinye2:

and we all know that the gov't is corrupt right. we can agree on that. so why do we depend so much on them?? we know they are no good but some how feel they will deliver us from the problem. if the PEOPLE don't start to take charge of their country, naija as a whole will demolish and the people with it.
why else did we empower them? is it not to provide us with a nation of hope, stability, growth, etc.  If we don't depend on them, or use religion as our guide, who else should we depend on?

As I mentioned earlier, the vast majority of the people in Nigeria are only interested in their personal well being.  I don 't blame them.  Are you asking iya sule who is selling kuli kuli to carry tray go  police station go protest?  Are you asking iya ngozi wey dey sell kunu  by gutter side to donate 1000 of her hard earned money to fix roads?  Lol.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 4:51am On Jul 08, 2008
Do you think that Genocide in Darfur now is just an ethnic war

CHINA is supporting the murder of the Sudanese villagers and places where OIL has been found. An African Country does not exist in a vaccum, this is not an excuse, its international politics.

Can Mugabe function without external forces, I mean look at his country.

You don't have to agree with me, but the facts are CLEAR. Nigeria DOES NOT exist in a Vaccum.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Quoted In Toronto Star, Canada ---congrat Seun & Nairalanders / Army Arrests 4 Boko Haram Bombers In Kano: / Rivers Crisis:You Cannot Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus-Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.