Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,522 members, 7,836,994 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

“I AM” The Bread Of Life Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “I AM” The Bread Of Life Part 1 (438 Views)

The Bread Of Life / “I AM” The Bread Of Life Part 2 / Lessons Of Life (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I AM” The Bread Of Life Part 1 by charisville: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2013
I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world. John 6.51

Bread is synonymous with sustenance. Jesus, in this chapter, told his followers that He is THE living bread i.e. He is the sustenance of life. “All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made” (John 1.3).

This bread endures to eternal life, not like the law which perishes (John 6.27), for Moses could not give the true bread (John 6.32). The law cannot give life. Only Grace, Christ personified can.

And when we partake of this bread, we have the Zoe-life of God. Taking communion symbolises taking the bread of life, but it is incomplete if we do not believe in Jesus (John 6.40,47). The word used for “eat” in this narrative means chews or gnaws (present continuous tense). So we need to continually chew i.e., continue to trust in Jesus. When we do this, we live: He abides in us and we in Him (John 6.56). We become complete!

Beloved we can achieve “NO”thing- nothing without Jesus. In Him, we are whole.

Prayer: Thank You my Daddy God for sending the Bread of Life to me. I believe in You Jesus. In You, I am whole.

Follow @charisville on twitter

Url: http://charisvillecapsules.org/i-am-the-bread-of-life-part-1/

CVC BB Pin: 26655112

Charis Ville Capsules

(1) (Reply)

If You Know It Pls Help! / Terrorist And Religious / The Remarkable Psalms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.