Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

How Safe Is Kano State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Safe Is Kano State? (2451 Views)

Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos / This Is Kano Not Dubai / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Is Kano State? by slimyem: 10:57am On Oct 23, 2013
A close relation has been posted to the law school in Kano and we are really skeptical about him going.
Indigenes and/or residents of Kano state,what would you advise?
How safe is Kano state at the moment?
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by quivah(f): 11:03am On Oct 23, 2013
No state is safe,, just keep him under God's mercies and favour..

But talking about BH,#sighs
All izz well.
Don't be skeptical ,be prayerful!!!
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by wasak(m): 11:14am On Oct 23, 2013
Kano is safe especially d law school. it is situated in a very serene and calm environment. I'm a law student there and I've been to d law school. just put ur mind @ rest and be prayerful.... no cause for alarm!!
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by auwal89(m): 11:16am On Oct 23, 2013
;DKano is safe under our new pdp
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by MeAboki(m): 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
It is quite safe, the school is situated about 30 miles out of town at the site of a former lake resort (Baguada Lake Hotel), the town itself has not seen any insurgent action for many months, with ppl going about their normal activities without any fear for their lives or property, you hardly even notice the few existing check points scattered around at some strategic locations.
Your brother would no doubt enjoy his service year, it wouldn't surprise me even if he chooses to stay after his service year, as many corpers easily get retained.
On the other hand, pls tell am make e leave our girls alone oO, because fine fine yarinyas boku boku Kano, unless him & your ppl are ready to pay bride price oO! cheesy grin
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by gameboy727(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2013
Me_Aboki: It is quite safe, the school is situated about 30 miles out of town at the site of a former lake resort (Baguada Lake Hotel), the town itself has not seen any insurgent action for many months, with ppl going about their normal activities without any fear for their lives or property, you hardly even notice the few existing check points scattered around at some strategic locations.
Your brother would no doubt enjoy his service year, it wouldn't surprise me even if he chooses to stay after his service year, as many corpers easily get retained.
On the other hand, pls tell am make e leave our girls alone oO, because fine fine yarinyas boku boku Kano, unless him & your ppl are ready to pay bride price oO! cheesy grin

Make e try follow the girls see na, na death get am. Three of my friends wey dem don kill on different occasions because of girl matter, and I still dey the area till now. I no dey ever look their girls two times. I dey fear them like plague. Am not trying to scar anyone but just be careful. If you want girls go to Sabon Gari.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by Gboliwe: 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
Its a sharia state. He must never be seen with a female in the same commercial taxi. He must learn to barb his hair the way the muslims want it to be barbed. If he has athletic body, he must never let anybody know, that means, no singlets, no tight fitted shirts, etc.
Above all, he must be sharp, to know when to run and direction to run from/to when the bombs explode
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by MeAboki(m): 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
gameboy727: Make e try follow the girls see na, na death get am. Three of my friends wey dem don kill on different occasions because of girl matter, and I still dey the area till now. I no dey ever look their girls two times. I dey fear them like plague. Am not trying to scar anyone but just be careful. If you want girls go to Sabon Gari.

Oboy, you just siddon dere for one far away internet cafe de spread imaginary yarns like say you sabi de terrain, if na true na for which part Kano did tin happen, which year? Abeg, no just scare de bobo from finishing his law sch make him become lawyer.

Gboliwe: Its a sharia state. He must never be seen with a female in the same commercial taxi. He must learn to barb his hair the way the muslims want it to be barbed. If he has athletic body, he must never let anybody know, that means, no singlets, no tight fitted shirts, etc.
Above all, he must be sharp, to know when to run and direction to run from/to when the bombs explode

Your own na copy n paste from sensational journalism de worry you; those who de Kano know say dis tin wey you talk is not normal, some ppl can exaggerate; of course I am not saying it can never or has never happened but if so, its Hisbah police exceeding their powers - which is often seen with most law enforcement agencies both within and outside this country.
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by Gboliwe: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Oboy, you just siddon dere for one far away internet cafe de spread imaginary yarns like say you sabi de terrain, if na true na for which part Kano did tin happen, which year? Abeg, no just scare de bobo from finishing his law sch make him become lawyer.

Your own na copy n paste from sensational journalism de worry you; those who de Kano know say dis tin wey you talk is not normal, some ppl can exaggerate; of course I am not saying it can never or has never happened but if so, its Hisbah police exceeding their powers - which is often seen with most law enforcement agencies both within and outside this country.
guy go drink ur medicine ibeg. Dont u read newspapers? Abi you didnt read where what I listed happened just this week?
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by idupaul: 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
The Law School is located at Bagauda a serene and isolated outskirt from Kano city .. Used to be a calm place to study but in the light of Boko Haram terrorist riding about in 50 hilux looking for loose Educational facilities in the north to attack I think the Law school because of its isolation makes it a very easy target .. My honest opinion : He should work to get transferred to another Law School as it won't be worth if the Odd ever happen to favor a BH onslaught there.
Truth the danger there is clear and present!!!!
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by cashkidvsboko(m): 6:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
kano ke,a state wia western education is a sin n sharia law d order of d day
a state wia terrorists ar slaugtherin pple lyk sallah rams
a state wia one dont hv d freedom to woo a lady or b wooed
a state wia christians ar afraid to pray to their GOD
a state wia one can nt stay outside or go to d bar at nite to hv a chilled drink n sum nkwobi due to curfew
d dude dont love his lyf,it luks lyk he wnt bh to use him as a target..i gv up on him
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by MeAboki(m): 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
Gboliwe:
guy go drink ur medicine ibeg. Dont u read newspapers? Abi you didnt read where what I listed happened just this week?

Oboy, I no want insult you but you give me no other choice.
As you sabi read newspaper, you no sabi read post again?
Abi na lack of comprehension dey worry you?
Wetin you tink I mean when I say na copy and paste sensational journalism de worry you (read my post again)?
Besides, do you always believe what the newspapers write? If so den, you have another whala wey dey worry you; its called mumuism.

@ idupaul:
You made some salient points about the potential danger of such event due the remote location of the sch, can't argue against that; though I still believe Kano including the school is quite safe.
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by MeAboki(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
cashkid vs boko: kano ke,a state wia western education is a sin n sharia law d order of d day
a state wia terrorists ar slaugtherin pple lyk sallah rams
a state wia one dont hv d freedom to woo a lady or b wooed
a state wia christians ar afraid to pray to their GOD
a state wia one can nt stay outside or go to d bar at nite to hv a chilled drink n sum nkwobi due to curfew
d dude dont love his lyf,it luks lyk he wnt bh to use him as a target..i gv up on him

An Arsehole on the loose, spewing rubbish.
Anyway, wetin concern me, na one of your brothers you de scare from pursuing his opportunity to become a lawyer; a case of bad belle if you ask me - probably because you no get such bright future prospects yourself, after-all wetin dem go expect from an internet agbero like you.
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by Kingspin(m): 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2013
You will be as save as being a member of bokoharam.
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by gameboy727(m): 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Guy, there is no point lying. If you know Hotoro then you can come and find out by yourself. Two of them were brothers, they were killed early this year(besides, they were the wrong guys because it was another brother of theirs that committed the so called 'evil act' with the hausa babe. They were innocent but died cos their brother's foolishness. So painful.). The third guy happened about two months ago. Though this guy was once a yan'daba(area boy) he changed but still had this strong affinity for gals and it lead to his waterloo.
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
wasak: Kano is safe especially d law school. it is situated in a very serene and calm environment. I'm a law student there and I've been to d law school. just put ur mind @ rest and be prayerful.... no cause for alarm!!
in ur mind, u think boko haram dey write letter before bombing? undecided

No where is safe for north!
Re: How Safe Is Kano State? by MeAboki(m): 12:46am On Oct 24, 2013
gameboy727: Guy, there is no point lying. If you know Hotoro then you can come and find out by yourself. Two of them were brothers, they were killed early this year(besides, they were the wrong guys because it was another brother of theirs that committed the so called 'evil act' with the hausa babe. They were innocent but died cos their brother's foolishness. So painful.). The third guy happened about two months ago. Though this guy was once a yan'daba(area boy) he changed but still had this strong affinity for gals and it lead to his waterloo.

Of course I know Hotoro very well, its a very large area covering part of the GRA, up to Maiduguri RD including NNPC depot and beyond.
Not saying your story didn't happen; just not in the light you are painting it i.e. it does not come across like an ethnically/religiously driven crime but more like any other crime of passion not peculiar to kano or north alone but one that could have happen anywhere else.
I noted especially the third guy you mentioned, who became a 'dan daba' and wondered, how could an overtly non-indigene become an area boy without having first been totally accepted and assimilated within the local culture, in which case the alleged attack against him couldn't have been motivated because of his origin but more likely within context of his alleged crime alone.
BTW, were the culprits found, how did it happen?

(1) (Reply)

Election 2015: If Buhari Is Easy To Defeat, Why Presidency Fears / Confirmed!!! Justice Abdullahi - I Sat For WASC Exams Alongside Buhari, Others / Breaking: Cameroon Troops Clash With Fleeing Boko Haram Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.