Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Caucus Leader •says No Going Back On Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Caucus Leader •says No Going Back On Gov (493 Views)

Kayode Oso Resigns As Ekiti Commissioner / Ekiti Reps Member Commends Fayose On His Criticism Of Buhari / Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Caucus Leader •says No Going Back On Gov by Omooba77: 12:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
Representatives, Honourable Opeyemi Bamidele, on Tuesday, tendered his resignation as the leader of the caucus, saying that his decision was to enable him pursue his aspiration to be governor of Ekiti State by 2014.

Nigerian Tribune recalled that some months back, Honourable Bamidele was sacked by his five colleagues namely: Honourables Robinson Ajiboye, Bamidele Faparusi, Bimbo Daramola, Ifeoluwa Arowosoge and Oyetunde Ojo and the caucus subsequently named Ajiboye as its new leader.

The action of the lawmakers was sequel to Honourable Bamidele’s open interest to contest the 2014 governorship election in the state.
It took the intervention of the leadership of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria to order the colleagues of Honourable Bamidele to rescind their decision, with clarification that the lawmaker had every right to contest the 2014 governorship election.

Honourable Bamidele, in a statement issued in Abuja and made available to newsmen entitled: “Resignation as Ekiti caucus leader in the House of Representatives” thanked his colleagues for their support during his tenure as the caucus leader.

The statement copied to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal and Femi Gbajabiamila, read in part: “I hereby resign, with immediate effect, my appointment as the leader of Ekiti State caucus in the House of Representatives of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“This resignation has become a cogent and compelling step for me to take at this time to enable me pursue, by the special grace and uncommon favour of Almighty God, my aspiration to be governor of Ekiti State by 2014 based on my personal conviction and in response to the popular demand and clarion call of well-meaning Ekiti sons and daughters at home and in the diaspora who believe that our dear state needs a critical intervention at this time so as not to become a failed state.

“I can no longer tarry in responding to the yearnings and aspirations of the violated children, the deserted youth, the disillusioned women, the unfulfilled civil and public servants, the neglected artisans, the jobless and underemployed men as well as the heart broken elder statesmen and frustrated founding fathers, who genuinely desire to see the emergence of a rallying point (across political and ideological divides) that would herald in a new and united Ekiti State where our past glory will be brought back from sabbatical,” the statement said.
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Caucus Leader •says No Going Back On Gov by Omooba77: 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
MOB should not deceive himself; two days to the election, he will step down for Fayemi...........

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Top PPPRA Officials In Fresh N3.5billion Fraud Scandal / Coscharis Used Eko Games Waiver To Import Armoured Cars / Police Ban Political Ceremonies At Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.