Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' (2140 Views)

Catholic Bishop Of Aba Diocese Most Rev Vincent Ezeonyia Passes On. / Pope Declares Seat Of Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Catholic Diocese Vacant / Nigerian Anglican Opposes British Govt. on the Selection of Bishop of Canterbury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I acknowledge the fact that the current Pope is trying to make some reforms in the church.

Bros am still waiting for the story of the grandiose papacy!!
Re: Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' by PastorKun(m): 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros I don't need to educate you as you are a part and parcel of the system. It's so obvious you know and I also don't have energy for any debate on this issue. smiley
Re: Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' by woky: 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

same here
Re: Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' by PastorKun(m): 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
woky: same here

You go wait tire tongue
Re: Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' by truthislight: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

You go wait tire tongue

Are they not seeing this one below or they are looking for your trouble ?

Are this below not "grandiose" things ?

Enigma: Bergoglio is interesting. It is good to keep watching and to see how honest and well intended he is. For me I will like him to do a "Vatican III" (or Lateran whatever) and undo a lot of mad baggage in the Roman Catholic church denomination.

As to the matter at hand, yes individual catholic priests may not match the "Daddy G.O.s" of today but the Vatican itself and the "popes" (and even some bishops) historically are far far far above the level of the modern Daddy GOs.

Heck, even the "robes" and stuff are copied from what the emperors and "elites" of the Roman empire used to wear. Before we talk of the "titles" especially of the "pope" ---- some of those titles being essentially anti-Christ!

Here how one former Roman Catholic priest put it!

"How can anyone read Jesus' demands that his disciples shun titles of honor, and never suspect that, if Jesus considered the titles "Father" and "Teacher" objectionable, how much more would he object to the use of titles like "Monsignor" (which is French for "My Lord" ), "Your Excellency", "Your Eminence", "Your Holiness", "The Holy Father", "Supreme Pontiff", and perhaps most presumptuous of all, "Vicar of ( i.e. stand–in for ) Christ", the equivalent of "Vice–Messiah"!

How can Jesus possibly smile on popes wearing robes and crowns that even the most powerful leaders in today's world would find embarrassing in their pompous arrogance? The papal "tiara" isn't just a crown, it's three crowns in one! And is there a head of state anywhere in the twentieth century who had the arrogance to have eight mere mortals carry them about on a royal "sedia"? Did you know that in Pius XII's day, it was considered an exclusive privilege for cardinals to be allowed to kiss the pope's foot and hand? Mere archbishops only kissed the pope's foot and knee; and abbots only got to kiss the Holy Father's foot?
"

http://www.liberalslikechrist.org/Catholic/PopesvsChrist-1.html

undecided

Good one Enigma.

It is a "shameless luxury"

1 Like

Re: Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' by TharyeS(m): 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
so?:/
Re: Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' by MrOlodo(m): 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2013
jay bee please unban me in sexuality bikono
Re: Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' by Enegod(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
bro Jay, abeg free me from AntispamBot on romance section.. thanks
Re: Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 03, 2014
To the person asking what is wrong in travelling first class. I genuinely believe you did not seek to abuse the catholic church or raise unnecessary controversy. So I will answer the reason is because when priests are ordained they take vows of poverty and chastity. Of course most end up breaking it but that's no reason to support them. Politicians also vow to serve their nations and end up breaking it. And we still condemn them.
Secondly the new pope is working hard to take the church from materialism and by all indices this bishop was behaving like a new generation pastor who only talks about wealth. The pope lives in hostel he drives in an old car. So its just natural he should be appalled at this bishop action. And unlike some people the pope does not believe in touch not my anointed that is why he publicly sanctioned him. (my personal opinion on this is I support it very much. People have used do not touch my anointed to commit grievious harm ) You asked how does the pope travel. Well in the past popes used alitalia airlines the Italian national plane but because of the world economy crash last year. Alitalia went under so I don't know how he moves around the world now. I will find out and let you know. He probably charters a plane. The Vatican does not have an official plane.
And I have stated earlier the pope did not say there is no hell or Adam n eve is not true but I will state It here again for those who keep lying to read as well.

1 Like

Re: Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' by Nobody: 2:55am On Jan 03, 2014
How can Jesus possibly smile on popes
wearing robes and crowns that even
the most powerful leaders in today's
world would find embarrassing in their
pompous arrogance? The papal "tiara"
isn't just a crown, it's three crowns in
one! And is there a head of state
anywhere in the twentieth century who
had the arrogance to have eight mere
mortals carry them about on a royal
"sedia"? Did you know that in Pius XII's day,
it was considered an exclusive privilege for
cardinals to be allowed to kiss the pope's
foot and hand? Mere archbishops only kissed
the pope's foot and knee; and abbots only
got to kiss the Holy Father's foot?
-----------------------------------------------------------
The present pope is taking the church to the ways of poverty and modesty again. The soutan priest wear is an inexpensive white material sown like a gown. The bishops do not wear crown. they wear mitres which are purple round caps. Its surprising though that most pastors and daddies that condemned this in the past are also now wearing purple caps. I have seen some bishops of pentecostal churches do that.
Most of them also condemned why people call priest father. But now most are insisting people call them daddy and their wives mommy. even at the point of slap if you don't. Are these not also titles.
I have greeted a bishop by using your lordship when he was an arch bishop. He did not object he just smiled and responded.
Walk to any catholic church and call any father by his name and report back if he will be upset. Yet everytime we hear of people shouting on church members to call them daddy.
You said sth about kissing pope feet.
Simple answer is that still done. No. The church made some mistakes in the past. It is been corrected. So surely that shows the church is sensitive to God word.
If you find a catholic priest stealing money we don't hide under touch not my anointed. Let the courts rule. That is how it should be.

2 Likes

Re: Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' by uzoexcel(m): 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Sin For A Lady To Wear G-string To Church? / The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality / January 2018 Rccg Holy Ghost Service - Stronger Than Your Enemies (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.