Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,428 members, 7,846,784 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Not Every Western Union Involving A Nigerian Is 419- Ghana Bank Cautioned - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Not Every Western Union Involving A Nigerian Is 419- Ghana Bank Cautioned (683 Views)

Western Union Dollar To Naira Rate Will Shock You – Gistmaster / A Banker 4 Western Union Transfer / Western Union Charges For Sending Money Out Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Not Every Western Union Involving A Nigerian Is 419- Ghana Bank Cautioned by Ckariam: 2:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
The energy and mind of a young bank cannot be compared with that of an older bank. It is expected that a matured bank hire younger and innovative people into their system to boost their performance and energize the operation. When an older bank like Ghana Commercial Bank with their experience and mediocrity fails to catch up with the contemporary reasoning, a lot of financial loss will be incurred and the fresh smart banks will capitalize on that weakness and make more money.
The experience I had this morning will further expatiate the above point. Yesterday night I got a message from Google Adsense informing me of my recent payment. I was duly informed to log into my account and take the Western Union control number, proceed to any Western Union agent and take my cash. It was an exciting moment for me to at least finally reap the reward of a genuine online business.
Not too far from me was a Ghana commercial bank branch. I entered and filled a form, initially I missed the question and answer part but later filled it in.

The problem with the payment

The cashier at the desk will be in her early 40s, she will not comprehend the rationale behind Google as an entity making payment to me instead of a human being. So she won't pay me the number because the sender is not a human being. I showed her on my ipad the entire correspondence between me and google and the need for the bank as an agent of Western Union. I decided to talk to the manager but was interrogated by the operational manager. I also explained everything to her but the cashier won't still pay. It was time for me to meet the manager of the Adenta Shopping center branch. She was a very friendly person but revealed to me that nobody has come to their branch with such request before. They don't deal on such transaction involving Google but that Google should pay me directly into my account. She desired me to go another western union agent but I asked her to investigate on Adsense, then she called George from a higher office of their bank and explained many things I told her and he said NO! Do not pay him.

Beige Capital pays me

I went into a small branch of Beige capital and very close to Ghana commercial bank. The bank was filled with young people. The form to fill was simple and there was no agitation on their side. I had earlier called the best blogger in Ghana Ameyaw Debrah to seek his help all long the crisis, and trust he is good at assisting someone get things right. I was payed in a blink of an eye and I proceed back Ghana Commercial bank.

Lessons for Ghana Commercial Bank

I presented the receipt of payment to the Bank and they made a photocopy of it. The bank apologized for wasting my time and their suspicious attitude towards me. Yes I was carrying proudly a green passport but I am not into scam or fraud or 419. During this entire drama I called Ghana's best blogger Ameyaw Debrah and he was very helpful to me.
It is imperative for Ghana Commercial Bank to keep up to date with contemporary online business, and to also appreciate that Western Union is not strictly for individual money transfers but corporate institutions do use it. A proactive approach is better than a reactive one. Now I will excuse you to go spend wisely my hard earned money from google Adsense.

Source: Chuks Ineh- http://www.chuksineh.com/not-every-western-union-is-scam-or-419-ghana-commercial-bank-should-take-note/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Forex Gaining Lesson / Investment / Transaction Financing: Investing In Nigerian Real Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.