Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage (43636 Views)

Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians / Fela Kuti On Stage! / Fela Kuti On Broadway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by batstan(m): 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
sexymoma: Beyonce na lesbian ni... angry
grin
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by naptu2: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
Dede Mabiaku is one of Fela's disciples. His parents once threw him out of the house because of his love for Fela, but Fela took him in and taught him music. Here is Dede's reaction when a contestant on Idols West Africa (a programme in which Dede was a judge) performed at the auditions in his underpants.

Dede: This is obscenity before the camera. You say you are representing Fela like this? Did you ever see Fela on stage like this?

Contestant: Yes.

Dede: Then you are a LIER, because Fela NEVER climbed the stage in his underpants.

Contestant: Fela climbed the stage with. . . . .

Dede: Excuse me. Shut up! When I tell you, take it from me. Fela NEVER climbed the stage with his underpants. Ok? So don't get that wrong representation at all. Do you understand me? Get that right before we start. Ok? Sing.

After a rubbish performance by the contestant.

Dede: Ok now, just stop. You make my stomach turn with anger, because everything you've done now is sickening and very insulting to the great one called Fela. These children, for God's sake! I don't know who gives you people these wrong impressions. Fela only put on his underpants IN HIS HOUSE! ON THE STAGE, HE DRESSED UP! You come here before the whole world and before the camera and you are wearing your briefs! And that makes sense to you? You must be on some wrong pills. You have the most horrible voice ever heard here. Out! Right now!

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDh_TsHKfJU

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by logica(m): 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
naptu2: Fela only put on his underpants IN HIS HOUSE! ON THE STAGE HE DRESSED UP!
That is exactly what I was point out to that monkey. Person dey perform for him house, you say na stage.
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by redsun(m): 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
Bad comment from Femi.It doesn't necessarily have to be exactly how Fela did as long as the message represent emancipation.Fela is a personification radicalism,change,transformations and epics.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by Gwekzy: 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
Weda na stage or compound I no care...Y sane Person go wear pant at all dey perform It beats me
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by odizeey(m): 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
logica: That is exactly what I was point out to that monkey. Person dey perform for him house, you say na stage.
forget dat guy,na ppl wen dem dey bully for house dey do like dat,so na for onli online dem dey gt power.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by naptu2: 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
I see people referring to Femi Kuti, but the opening post states that it was Seun Kuti that made the comment.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by redsun(m): 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
1 shortblackboy: fela ? that nigga dead

How can he be dead when you are still talking about him.The only ones that are literally dead is the unknown soldiers,the otimpkus and the asss lickers.
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by DICKtator: 5:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
naptu2: I see people referring to Femi Kuti, but the opening post states that it was Seun Kuti that made the comment.

How profound!!!!

I have been utterly speechless at this phenomenon!!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by ochukoccna: 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
redsun: Bad comment from Femi.It doesn't necessarily have to be exactly how Fela did as long as the message represent emancipation.Fela is a personification radicalism,change,transformations and epics.
its no bad comment seeing Dede Mabiaku confirmed same and seriously scolded an African idol wannabe who pulled the same stunt
The epic Fela with his radical personification,change,transformations never pulled a stupid stunt like that ON STAGE
If Burna was in his house, no qualms
Lets not smuggle in and tag on Fela, something he never did angry angry angry
Accurately represent Fela's legacy cool cool
BTW, it was Seun not Femi who made the comment
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by naptu2: 5:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
Beyonce was also involved in a similar controversy when she painted her face black in honour of Fela.

https://www.nairaland.com/610995/fallout-beyonce-under-fire-blackface
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by redsun(m): 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Were little children at the concert?Was it a family theme concert?Was there any stage rule against performing with undies?For all i care,let him be naked as long as he is not physically molesting anybody and no children.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by eaglechild: 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
naptu2: Dede Mabiaku is one of Fela's disciples. His parents once threw him out of the house because of his love for Fela, but Fela took him in and taught him music. Here is Dede's reaction when a contestant on Idols West Africa (a programme in which Dede was a judge) performed at the auditions in his underpants.

Dede: This is obscenity before the camera. You say you are representing Fela like this? Did you ever see Fela on stage like this?

Contestant: Yes.

Dede: Then you are a LIER, because Fela NEVER climbed the stage in his underpants.

Contestant: Fela climbed the stage with. . . . .

Dede: Excuse me. Shut up! When I tell you, take it from me. Fela NEVER climbed the stage with his underpants. Ok? So don't get that wrong representation at all. Do you understand me? Get that right before we start. Ok? Sing.

After a rubbish performance by the contestant.

Dede: Ok now, just stop. You make my stomach turn with anger, because everything you've done now is sickening and very insulting to the great one called Fela. These children, for God's sake! I don't know who gives you people these wrong impressions. Fela only put on his underpants IN HIS HOUSE! ON THE STAGE, HE DRESSED UP! You come here before the whole world and before the camera and you are wearing your briefs! And that makes sense to you? You must be on some wrong pills. You have the most horrible voice ever heard here. Out! Right now!

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDh_TsHKfJU
All what you have said is useless.
Just go back one page and you will see Fela in oversized sagging blue pants on stage.
No need defending lies.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by naptu2: 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
eaglechild:
Just go back one page and you will see Fela in oversized sagging blue pants on stage.
No need defending lies.

grin grin grin

What I said? Defending lies?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Comprehension is sometimes a problem.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by kayClt(f): 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mtchewwwwwww,dis guy must hv smoked to much weed b4 climbing dat stage.
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by Fadelex(m): 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
eaglechild:
No need defending lies.
sharap and learn... that was a session probably a rehearsal... did u see audience there? stage performance is for audience, once again fela never performed on stage with underpant.... if u say otherwise, then u must have known fela better than his protege "Dede Mabiaku" and his son "seun kuti"
now go and bring ur homework lemme help u out

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by redsun(m): 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
In Fela's Shrine was the first thing that look like strip tease in nigeria.Where performing ladies could easily flash their punanies on stage.

Fela was the ultimate entertainers that exhibited unique and futuristic traits.
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by Oildichotomy(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
He wore pant, so what?

Burna Boy performance was understood by all asundry, young and old alike.

He did it for Baba 70 and trust me , Burna boy did a good job, try and watch the video of the performance.

Ehen, that reminds me, Are Fela videos performances online? Cos they seems to be so copyrighted !

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by Oildichotomy(m): 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
kayClt: Mtchewwwwwww,dis guy must hv smoked to much weed b4 climbing dat stage.
Have you been to Afrika Shrine before?

Smoking weed is not an issue.
BTW, Fela was a well recognised weed genius!
Respects to Baba
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by Emilo(m): 5:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
What are all of u saying.......Fela sang on stage with pants on "fact". If u were fortunate to watch him perform on stage, then u should know dat. Someone that could grant important interviews with pants on (when his eyes were clear) ...its to sing on stage with weed blazing eyes that's an issue abi.

Dede and Seun should shun dat talk jooooor, the man is gone and gone forever. Anybody that says he wants to climb on top Onitsha Bridge to dance Azonto.....wetin concern us.....

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by elari(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
klaro na bastard
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by redsun(m): 6:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
Talking like this could be why Femi thought it was the work bad people(village winnches) when he saw a stray lizard in his truck.He shouldn't be taken by nigerian mediocrity,ne should keep an open mind like the Amami and stand only for justice.

Fela himself wouldn't have bothered.
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by Karevwite: 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
tellwisdom: If fela never wore pant on stage. Then seun is not his true son undecided
infact ur head dai der

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by bangalee1(m): 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
life_style: i swear janja na bastard...
its ganja not "janja"

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by eaglechild: 6:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
Fadelex:
sharap and learn... that was a session probably a rehearsal... did u see audience there? stage performance is for audience, once again fela never performed on stage with underpant.... if u say otherwise, then u must have known fela better than his protege "Dede Mabiaku" and his son "seun kuti"
now go and bring ur homework lemme help u out
Fela rocked oversized sagging blue underpants on stage.
That is what I can see from the video evidence.

No one can disprove it,
It is a legacy he left.
And many young people(dumb) are emulating this.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by veave(f): 6:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
some bald dude is actually jealous
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by rammytt(m): 6:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
sCun: That place look like stage?

stage or no stage,we don see baba on blue pant b4 just d way we r seein burna on white pant now..

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by MuarmedOG(m): 6:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
;DLol Oluwa Burna! Y Tho
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
Then burna boy is creating his own style in an attempt to mimic the legend.
Re: Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage by naptu2: 6:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
blink182: Then burna boy is creating his own style in an attempt to mimic the legend.

Best comment so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission / Cynthia Morgan: "Baby Mama" Video - Watch / Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.