Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,313 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Between Farm Tractor And Roofing A Building - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Between Farm Tractor And Roofing A Building (926 Views)

Anybody With Idea Where To Buy 2 Wheels farm tractor / Painting And Roofing Quotations Needed. / Massey Fergurson Farm Tractor Prices/rental In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Farm Tractor And Roofing A Building by oniwo(m): 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
Good day Ladies and gentlemen in this wonderful forum.
Pls pardon me on my poor grammer because I know there are many who are after my grammatical expression. That is not the issue but I have building uncompleted in a city in Nigeria which I need to roof but by the same time am planning to go into farming. This has been disturbing for a long time (more than 2 years now) i have passion for farming since when I was young with my grand father in the village. I have a small poultry, a small concret fish pond, a Toyota hilux 1998 model and a standard Dry cleaning centre.
Although I love taking risks but to me this is a bigger one so I need an advice.
Should I buy the Farm tractor or Roof the house
Thanks Oniwo
Re: Between Farm Tractor And Roofing A Building by anienge001: 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
Your priorities and some few smaller questions will help you to answer this major question well. Is the cost for the roofing same as that of the tractor? Is the tractor new, fairly used or ruggedly used? Of all the things U mentioned as assets, which one gives U a constant income? Is the house for commercial purpose or private use? If you can answer these questions sincerely to yourself, then U know the answer based on your priorities.
Re: Between Farm Tractor And Roofing A Building by oniwo(m): 1:26am On Oct 24, 2013
[quote author=anienge001]Your priorities and some few smaller questions will help you to answer this major question well. Is the cost for the roofing same as that of the tractor? Is the tractor new, fairly used or ruggedly used? Of all the things U mentioned as assets, which one gives U a constant income? Is the house for commercial purpose or private use? If you can answer these questions sincerely to yourself, then U know the answer based on your priorities.

Thanks May Almighty God reward u abundantly amen. The house is for private use while the tractor is tokubo one. Although the Dry Cleaner gave me the highest returns sir.
Re: Between Farm Tractor And Roofing A Building by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 24, 2013
Both of them are important, but as the other poster said, its all about priority. If you are just venturing into farming, its not advisable to buy a tractor. You will be locking money into a business you have not proven. However, if you can hire out the tractor as well as use it on your farm, you may still profit. If that is the case, then a new tractor is better,fulfil because the hassles of a tokunbo may wipe out your profit. The best thing in my opinion is to hire a tractor from someone else when you need it and roof the house. Given that you have other businesses you should not have problems generating money to hire a tractor.
Re: Between Farm Tractor And Roofing A Building by oniwo(m): 8:23am On Oct 24, 2013
uchmann: Both of them are important, but as the other poster said, its all about priority. If you are just venturing into farming, its not advisable to buy a tractor. You will be locking money into a business you have not proven. However, if you can hire out the tractor as well as use it on your farm, you may still profit. If that is the case, then a new tractor is better,fulfil because the hassuiiibuniles of a tokunbo may wipe out your profit. The best thing in my opinion is to hire a tractor from someone else when you need it and roof the house. Given that you have other businesses you should not have problems generating money to hire a tractor.

Thanks in a million time.
To hire a tractor is not easy in area where I stayed. Am planning both dry season and rainning season farming.
Re: Between Farm Tractor And Roofing A Building by amicfarmer: 7:26am On Dec 01, 2013
As people has advised γ̲̣̣̥o̲̣̥υ̲̣̥, for a new farrmer γ̲̣̣̥o̲̣̥υ̲̣̥ have to depend on leasing n hiring for now. Roof the house as intended. If there is no leasing pple around you get labourers n with the use of chemicals γ̲̣̣̥o̲̣̥υ̲̣̥ will control weeds for a while. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Think deep before plunging resources.
Re: Between Farm Tractor And Roofing A Building by lufbe: 9:26am On Dec 01, 2013
Connect and keep up with agriculturists, farmers and friends. Join
http://agricosmos.com
Re: Between Farm Tractor And Roofing A Building by eminikansoso(m): 11:54am On Dec 01, 2013
amic farmer: As people has advised γ̲̣̣̥o̲̣̥υ̲̣̥, for a new farrmer γ̲̣̣̥o̲̣̥υ̲̣̥ have to depend on leasing n hiring for now. Roof the house as intended. If there is no leasing pple around you get labourers n with the use of chemicals γ̲̣̣̥o̲̣̥υ̲̣̥ will control weeds for a while. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Think deep before plunging resources.
Thanks jare

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Will Never Be Rich!!! / Decision Making In Business (1) / Google Wants To Teach Android App Developers In Nigeria How To Make More Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.