Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,344 members, 7,850,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:59 PM

NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi (19003 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / NFF Did Not Pay Me N20Million, Oliseh Releases Bank Statement [DOCUMENTS] / NFF Must Share The Blame With Oliseh In CHAN Fall Out – Onigbinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by johnwizey: 5:08am On Oct 25, 2013
Its so bad......Nigeria why Notin works alryt in dis country unless u are a politician. Which way my people...............SMH
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by livinbygrace: 5:11am On Oct 25, 2013
Its an act of God.9ja i hail ooo...Lol!!!
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Samscofield: 5:18am On Oct 25, 2013
Try this with political office holders (I mean seven months without salary) and see their actions. It is then that you will know that Keshi is truely an Understanding and a patriotic Nigerian. I wonder what is wrong with this Country with so much wealth and misplaced priorities.......

1 Like

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 25, 2013
yakubu

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by chucky234(m): 5:30am On Oct 25, 2013
Samscofield: Try this with political office holders (I mean seven months without salary) and see their actions. It is then that you will know that Keshi is truely an Understanding and a patriotic Nigerian. I wonder what is wrong with this Country with so much wealth and misplaced priorities.......
The wealth is been looted and stashed away in foreign bank accounts by politicians while the poor masses suffer, it is indeed a pity for a nation as wealthy as Nigeria.
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by otokx(m): 5:30am On Oct 25, 2013
Is Glo not responsible for his salary? Did Glo give him 2 cars? What is Keshi saying?
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Influence01: 5:35am On Oct 25, 2013
ok
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by seunlayi(m): 5:44am On Oct 25, 2013
[size=19pt]Why dem no go owe u salary when u no get anybody among NFF wey u go give return from ur salary.[/size]
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 25, 2013
they pay this guy

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by 49cents(m): 5:59am On Oct 25, 2013
The Super Eagles is the Number One Brand on the shelp of the NFF abd they dare to toy with the wages of the Brand Manager!!!

For Keshi the issue on ground like he said is not the matter of him being broke or being able to meet up with his financial responsibilty but rather of the regard they accord him.

It is even disheartening going by his track record of achievements.

This just shows that the helmsmen at the glass house don't love the game art all, they are there for their pockets and at this point the FG should look for a way of methodically flush them away......no wonder the NPL is so dull and unattractive
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by delson2k: 6:00am On Oct 25, 2013
Dis one na wa ooooo 4 nff@hw we won respect d boss wey knw dey pay
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by 0monnakoda: 6:00am On Oct 25, 2013
honeric01:

Yes, everything should go through normal due process. if he hasn't been paid, then the sport ministry should call the NFF to order, they have a budget (Yearly) so they should work with that.
Is the NFF part of the Sport Ministry
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by 0monnakoda: 6:03am On Oct 25, 2013
The only reason this is happening is because he is Nigerian. I remember the way Bertie Vogts dealt with them. If they did not pay him they won't see his face. Even if they paid they would still beg before they saw him
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 25, 2013
keshi is right, he deserves respect

1 Like

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Adamskuty(m): 6:06am On Oct 25, 2013
chucky234: And where is this deluded discombobulated Ethiopian malamute coming from, you paid $10k to a coach for a whole calendar year yet got the gut to show your void brain here.
Keshi earns $40k on a monthly basis and not the preposterous $10k your wretched govt paid to that poor coach, hope that stick into your head, birdbrain.
grin grin grin
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Enosas(m): 6:17am On Oct 25, 2013
naija i hail o
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by nerodenero: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2013
Like someone said,Keshi should put a call through to the president or betterstill boycott the Nigeria-Ethiopia clash come November 16,by so doing,'im money go show sharp-sharp'.This is the more reason why many Nigerians ply their trade abroad where things are done normally unfortunately,ours is an insane society.

1 Like

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 25, 2013
The same gej was doing photo op with the eagles.
Watching while the only bringing shine to his failed administration is destroyed
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 25, 2013
If I were keshi,I would honorably resign immediately after being paid.NFF is a joke,full of blockheads.
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by godwinony(m): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2013
when i heard this over the radio, i felt deep shame for everything nigeria..
That same NFF that is oweing Keshi, are still paying their own monthly emoluments, why cant Nigerians love, accept and respect their own?. I dont think they'll try this poo with a foreign coach..
To think a clueless mercenary like largaback earned more than Keshi and was still paid on time..i shudder!
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by stantob(m): 7:00am On Oct 25, 2013
Keshi, they will not pay you, incase you want to get your pay, then do this
loose the Second leg qualifying match, then you will be paid. Hope you heard me grin grin grin grin grin
Selfish and nonsense set of people parading their ugly heads as leaders. Which time money go ever dey for any ministry?
What happens to money for budget?
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Ijayzbrainz: 7:05am On Oct 25, 2013
In just a simple sentence,I will say;This is very bad.
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 25, 2013
Wow
Dancing as my thread is on the front page
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by CHIMSKY(m): 7:07am On Oct 25, 2013
Dominiquez: Super Eagles’ Coach Stephen Keshi on Wednesday described the seven-month salaries being owed him by the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) as “the lowest point” of his coaching career.

Keshi said this in Abuja at the Home-based Super Eagles’ interactive session with the media ahead of the team’s upcoming international friendly with Jordan in Amman.

He spoke in reaction to a statement credited to the NFA that the allowances and bonuses the team’s coaches earn were enough to sustain them.

Keshi is being owed about N35million in salary arrears.

Keshi however said the NFA had not done him any favour with the Super Eagles’ coaching job, because he had done the job with all he had.

Owing me up to seven months makes me feel I am not being appreciated. It is like they (my employers) think I am being favoured in what I am doing.

I am not being favoured. Whatever I am doing here, I am doing it with everything I have and I need to be respected and be paid

“The lowest point of my career is working and not being paid for seven to eight months. I have never had this kind of experience before,” he said.

The former Super Eagles captain recalled that he was never owed his salaries when he worked with the Malian and Togolese football federations as coach of their senior national teams.

“In Mali, they will never owe you. Your salary will hit your account before the end of every month. It was the same thing in Togo.

“Owing me up to seven months makes me feel I am not being appreciated. It is like they (my employers) think I am being favoured in what I am doing.

“I am not being favoured. Whatever I am doing here, I am doing it with everything I have and I need to be respected to be given my pay,” Keshi said.

He said it was unbelievable that he and his colleagues had worked without pay for about eight months out of the 24 months they have worked with the Super Eagles.

“I don’t like discussing about money issues and if there is any NFA member who said we can work for free, then I will want to speak with him face to face.

“If they say we can work for free and that they are not going to pay, so be it.

“I can’t have my family abroad and I will be in debt because I have not been paid for seven months and somebody is saying we should not complain,” the coach said.

He regretted that the NFA appears not to be concerned about their plight “in spite of training under rain and sun to make Nigerians happy”.

NAN recalls that Aminu Maigari, the NFA chairman, had recently confirmed the debt owed Keshi and his colleagues.

He had however said the Nigerian football governing body could not help it as it was cash-strapped.

Maigari claimed that the situation had led to the slashing of the Eagles’ winning bonus from $10,000 to $5,000.

He also pointed out that some NFA members of staff were being owed for over a year.

Maigari had mentioned those being owed to include Musa Amadu, the Secretary-General, Mohammed Sanusi, the Director of Competitions, and Emmanuel Ikpeme, the Director of Technical

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/nfa-must-respect-me-pay-me-keshi/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter#sthash.lVUzXfOd.dpuf
For those who do not know him,Keshi is a principled man and is getting ready to walk.If we let him stand up,it will be difficult to lure him back to ever work for Nigeria again.Caveat Emptor!
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by ndufrank: 7:11am On Oct 25, 2013
This the problem of NFf,earning their own pay as at when due but they won't pay players and coaches their own atachiri alawee
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by hamaworld(m): 7:13am On Oct 25, 2013
Jona tone: I will form a committee to look into the matter cheesy
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Rubbyy(m): 7:16am On Oct 25, 2013
Give me some few seconds to call Stella Oduah, his salary will be sorted out in a jiffy. Shuooo, she no gree pick my call again, but if na d owner of coscharis motor call, she go dropped everything pick because bread go dey. Keshi kpele
Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by Wsdm: 7:16am On Oct 25, 2013
In GEJ'S voice; 'this is simply political, this coach has been paid by the opposition elements to malign my government'. Very senseless regime!

3 Likes

Re: NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi by crackhaus: 7:17am On Oct 25, 2013
After the powers that be must have pocketed some of the money required to run the NFF, is anyone surprised that they use the word 'cash-strapped' as excuse?

Sometimes I wish I could just end these greedy old men using bullets, and put a stop to the tyranny and autocratic predisposition of the Nigerian Government once and for all.
It's so sickening that these people actually feel untouchable, but what they don't know is that one lead metal-cased bullet from a good distance can turn them into worm food.
Anyway, their time is coming!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Manchester United Are In Dialogue To Extend Ighalo's Loan Deal- Solskjaer / Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams / 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.